Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #31
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
I've never figured out why the schedule overlaps the PC and TA cruises. I do realize that different ports are involved, but there is a group who likes to do long cruises. Disney is well aware of them. One high ranking CM commented to me that there aren't that many families who have done more than 20 or 25 cruises, but THEY ALL TAKE THE SAME CRUISES. It would be incredible to do 2 weeks on the Wonder followed by 2 weeks on the Magic (or the other way around). And they can't fill either ship.

Poor scheduling. Oh well......
Thanks for the heads up about this cruise. That info pushed me to move my Transatlantic reservation to a dummy date in 2014 while I play DCL's price drop game.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #32
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermanTriplets+1 View Post
Wow what a great rate for 14 nights of DCL!
Just for fun I looked now and only found IGT rates available but for less than 2400$ for two people - including taxes! I am not sailing this year but if something like this peeps up in 2014, I am SO THERE! Has anyone else found VGT or OGT rates still available? You guys in FL are so lucky you can get your special rates, too!
I just now checked (9:00 a.m. central time), and there are still OGT and VGT fares available.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #33
m4travel

Mouseketeer

Ratzzle-Frazzle!

Well, ratzle-frazzle! We're already booked on a DCL Galveston cruise that includes WDW and Key West (a bucket list item) in May. And we went with a different cruise line for our Panama Canal cruise in 2014 because Disney was so expensive.

Maybe we'll change our cruising habits and quit booking so far in advance, at least for the longer cruises where it's more likely *GV cabins may become available.

Mickey Mouse Club Member No. 37,399 1955 * DL/DLR 1957 * DVC 2005 * DCL 2006 * WDW 2006 - Disneyland was just down the road....
m4travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:25 AM   #34
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4travel View Post

Maybe we'll change our cruising habits and quit booking so far in advance, at least for the longer cruises where it's more likely *GV cabins may become available.
With the decrease in OBC for gold and platinum, the benefit of early booking is rapidly diminishing. I'm seeing way more negatives than positives to my feeble attempts at planning ahead.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #35
finnaddict98
Earning My Ears

I ALMOST booked the VGT until I read HERE that the FLR rate was available...I had not even thought abt trying that! I saved 500 bucks!
finnaddict98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #36
Iggipolka

DIS Veteran

Wow! Our family of 4 in a VGT is $5000. So tempting! Any one have a picture of the possible "white wall" on the verandah? Wondering how bad it would be to get one of those cabins. Thanks!

DVC owners at AKV, VGC & Aulani
Iggipolka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #37
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggipolka View Post
Wow! Our family of 4 in a VGT is $5000. So tempting! Any one have a picture of the possible "white wall" on the verandah? Wondering how bad it would be to get one of those cabins. Thanks!
I'm not thinking it can be that bad Monika. It has been a while since we have been on the classic ships, and even then it was in a full veranda, but I remember the hole on those Navigator Veranda's as being pretty large.

Val & I are on a 7-night Eastern on the Fantasy in just a couple of weeks and we went with the VGT for that one also. Still waiting to see what we got.

BTW, I understand that there may be military rates offered as well. You may want to check that out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: