Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Seaworld must-do's for 4-year-old

We are heading to Orlando a day earlier than our disney trip so my husband can golf, so I though it would be nice to take my 4-year-old daughter to Seaworld.

We won't be able to go all day, but plan on getting there at 9am when it opens and staying until about 3pm. Of course it will be a Saturday, so I'm sure it will be crowded.

I know I want her to see the main Shamu show. I also heard that Franklin and Friends is there now (would love to hear more about that). She is only 40" so that will elimiate the big big rides... but smaller rides for the little ones are on our list.

Any ideas? Tips? Schedules I could follow?

Also, our hotel provides transportation to Seaworld. Should we use that or drive ourselves?

THANKS!!!

Last edited by LisaTN; 01-10-2013 at 12:59 PM.
LisaTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
Mom2HandR
Mouseketeer

They have an area just for younger kids with lots of age appropriate rides. Feeding the dolphins would be great too. And the show Pets Ahoy is a fav with the younger set.
Mom2HandR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
jodical
Mouseketeer

They also have a stingray feeding/touch pool that you don't have to visit at a specific feeding time - you just walk up and buy the food. My son was 4 when we went and he LOVED it!

The sea lion show is geared towards children and children at heart - lots of corny jokes and the like but a 4 year-old will get a big kick out of it since there is animal interaction, slapstick, puns and high diving.

Enjoy!

Disney Fantasy Nov. 2012

Trying to decide what our next Disney trip will be...
jodical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

AWESOME!!! THANKS!!

How would this schedule look? I don't know if this is realistic or not....

9am Dolphine Cove
Feed Dolphins
Turtle trek
10am Blue Horizons
10:40 Jazzy Jellies
Swishy Fishies
Sea Carosel
eat
12:00 One Ocean
12:40 Ocean Commotion
Shark Encounter
Stingrays
2:15 Clyde and Seamore
Gift Shop
3:00 leave for hotel
Old 01-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
swilshire
DIS Veteran

They tell you to allow 30 minutes for Turtle Trek, so that might be a little tight. I think it actually took us a bit longer, because we didn't get into the first show we waited for. Pretty cool, but I'm not sure I'd do it a second time.

If there are crowds, you need to get to the shows early to get in. They suggest 30 minutes before show time. We were there last Saturday for an afternoon and saw the dolphin show closed off pretty early. Pets Ahoy (one of my favorites and great for the kids) also filled up several minutes before show time. You don't want to miss one of the shows on your list when you only have a single day, short visit.

I'm not sure what Ocean Commotion is, but consider walking distances. It's a bit of a hike from shamu stadium to the sharks. Also a good distance from Sharks to the Stingrays and all the way back to Clyde & Seamore (which kids love). I'd try to do Sharks and the show while I was over there. The 4yo might be fine, but the adult might get weary.

My son is older, but enjoys the polar bear area. We were there for the last day of the year of Polar Express. They should be back to their normal show now.

Parking is expensive unless you have an annual pass. I'm not sure how much because we do.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Pets Ahoy is a must do for us, and we're three adults!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

Great, thanks!!! I'm going to move Turtle trek to the end so to make time to get to each show.... I wish there was more time!! I could always go back the next day to see the Blue Horizon's show since we got the fun card...I wish we had more time there!!