Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

Iphone---Apple Enthusiasts

I currently have the OLD and tired iPhone 4...I just passed my upgrade so now I finally can...Here is my question should I go and get the iPhone 5 or wait for the next one? And does anyone have any guesses as to when the next one might come out?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmouse
I currently have the OLD and tired iPhone 4...I just passed my upgrade so now I finally can...Here is my question should I go and get the iPhone 5 or wait for the next one? And does anyone have any guesses as to when the next one might come out?

Thanks a bunch!
They usually release in September... I have a 4 as well, I want to upgrade but don't want to give up my unlimited data!
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
horseshowmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAT887 View Post
They usually release in September... I have a 4 as well, I want to upgrade but don't want to give up my unlimited data!
I've read that you can actually have an unlimited plan transferred to you if you can find anybody who wants to get rid of their plan (generally involves a transfer of cash as well ), and that you can keep it as long as you don't upgrade. I've also read that Verizon is phasing those plans out though. I sure would like to have unlimited data.

Last edited by horseshowmom; 01-10-2013 at 11:02 AM.
horseshowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 AM   #4
Albort
ODV Crew
The challenge is - who can find me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmouse View Post

Thanks a bunch!
no one really knows... the usual dates that they release iPhone is September, but seeing how they released the iPad 4 so early, they can release it by summer.

Rumor has it that the 5s will fix the unsensitive screen issue and will have the latest Gorilla glass(3rd gen) on it. Other than that, we dont know.

Theres a few tech that apple may consider, such as the next gen LTE chip that double the battery life. Also, Apple is looking for another provider right now to make their screens, moving away from Samsung. Samsungs make very nice screens(imo) so that may be a drawback for the 5s.

AT&T will let u upgrade your phone and keep your unlimited. But its not truly unlimited. Verizon, i heard if you upgrade another line, you would be fine... otherwise, pay the full price is another option to keep unlimited.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albort

AT&T will let u upgrade your phone and keep your unlimited. But its not truly unlimited. Verizon, i heard if you upgrade another line, you would be fine... otherwise, pay the full price is another option to keep unlimited.
Yeah with Verizon if I upgrade any line they want to change my plan. Right now where I live I have DSL and frequently the 3G network is faster - so my data can be eaten up a lot faster because since this last update my phone will lock into the faster speed. With the anticipation/hope of DH being promoted (he will get a cell from his company) , us relocating I can't just change it- I feel like Verizon gets a ton out if us already and I don't want to give them more. I could probably solve my data issue by getting an iPad but - ehh there is other toys I want
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
jeepgirl30
DIS Veteran

I have verizon and just changed my plan. Only because I added a whole new line and upgraded my DD from her basic to DH's iPhone 4 and used her upgrade for DH the iPhone 5.

First, I didn't have to change the plan, I could have kept the old unlimited data but it would have been more with adding the another line (my DS)because we needed more minutes and text.

I have the iPhone 4s, DD has the iPhone 4 and DH has the iPhone 5. The iPhone 5 uses a different charger and not adaptable with all our other apple products except DS's new iPod. The only thing noticable for us with the 4-4s-5, the 4 doesn't have suri and the 5 has a different charger.

Yes, the 5 is a bit different in size too.

I personally would wait for the next release but i already have suri on my 4s. No way would i even think of an upgrade between the 4s and the 5.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl30
I have verizon and just changed my plan. Only because I added a whole new line and upgraded my DD from her basic to DH's iPhone 4 and used her upgrade for DH the iPhone 5.

First, I didn't have to change the plan, I could have kept the old unlimited data but it would have been more with adding the another line (my DS)because we needed more minutes and text.
Huh... I was having issues with the recent update and we had talked to them a out upgrading then if we couldn't get my phone functioning.... They said I would lose it... I probably would have upgraded then because I had a dumbphone instead of a smartphone. Argh... Ehh what to do, when is everyone on the same page anyway Still going to hold out - however when they come out with a 5s my phone will probably work very poorly....
Old 01-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
DawnM
Dawn

I read an article the other day that speculated that the iphone 5s may come in varying screen sizes. The options would be the 2 current sizes as well as a Galaxy Note size (I think 5.5"?)

I personally DO want the larger size screen if they come out with it, but many don't like that size.

For me it doesn't matter anyway, I will inherit my DH's iphone 5 when his contract is up as his work will buy him a new one in about 18 months and I can get the 5 for free.

Of course, with the capability to change SIM cards I may get the new one and make him keep the 5!

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

I just ordered the iphones this week and was told by Verizon I have to give up my unlimited plan. No ifs, ands or buts about it. My husband just has an old texting phone so if I didn't upgrade now, I'd have to do it when he does. I hate how they try to sell it to you like they're doing you a favor by letting up to 10 devices share data? Who are they kidding?

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #10
nmmom95
I'm a pregnant lesbian in an interracial relationship
Or am I?

DS14 upgraded to the iPhone5 in November and he lost the unlimited data at that time. We also have Verizon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: