Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-10-2013, 03:46 PM   #1156
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
A couple of years ago we found Divvies caramel popcorn at Everything Pop and also at The Main Street Bakery. Their products are not produced in a facility that also processes nuts. They are nut, dairy and egg free.

I haven't seen Divvies since then. If you're at Pop now or sometime soon would you look for Divvies please? Thanks.
Bringing this up in case anyone might know but missed my original post.
EpcotBill is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #1157
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salrx95 View Post
well, there you go. Thanks for that. I hadn't heard it of and struck me as odd. But I'm off work today and my wife message to say "hey, we're in the world of sports area, can you look into it". Thanks for that. I thought we weren't gonna know til we got there so that struck me as a surprise. I thought maybe it was gonna be a goofy sports or something old school like that at first. Kids and I love that.

Thanks again. Sal.
Hey Sal, here is a link to a decent map that is an overview of the WDW property: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm
At the bottom, with orange labels, you can see the WWoS and Pop Century. They are kinda close and this map gives a little perspective.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #1158
junebugTN
Mouseketeer
 
junebugTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 278

Are AofA and Pop "Sister" Resorts...?

Hello! We're counting down the days to our trip to Pop for the last week of January, and I have really been enjoying this thread! I had a question that's probably been asked a zillion times already (sorry bout that!)

Can you pool hop between Pop and AofA like you can between the other values? I found lots of threads debating the subject but no official word on this.

I'm just really curious about the underwater speakers in the big blue pool and REALLY want to stick my head in the water over there! And yeah, in January, I'm sure the pools won't be crowded so it wouldn't be a big deal, but I really don't like bending the rules. Besides, if pool hopping's not an option, it will give me an excuse to start planing my next Disney trip....haaa!

Thanks for any info you can share on this!
June
__________________
junebugTN is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #1159
junebugTN
Mouseketeer
 
junebugTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebugTN View Post
Can you pool hop between Pop and AofA like you can between the other values? I found lots of threads debating the subject but no official word on this.
Have you ever had one of those days where you feel rotten until you get to the doctor's office and then ya feel better?! I feel like I just did that. Been searching for an hour to find an answer about trying out the AofA pool, and as soon as I posted my question, I located the right answer!

In case anybody else is search-challenged like me, apparently 'The Big Blue' pool is gated and micro chipped, so no dunking my head in the water to try out those underwater speakers on this trip!

Oh well, Pop's still going to be my favorite resort anyhow. Wishing you all a great trip!
June
__________________
junebugTN is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #1160
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebugTN View Post
Hello! We're counting down the days to our trip to Pop for the last week of January, and I have really been enjoying this thread! I had a question that's probably been asked a zillion times already (sorry bout that!)

Can you pool hop between Pop and AofA like you can between the other values? I found lots of threads debating the subject but no official word on this.

I'm just really curious about the underwater speakers in the big blue pool and REALLY want to stick my head in the water over there! And yeah, in January, I'm sure the pools won't be crowded so it wouldn't be a big deal, but I really don't like bending the rules. Besides, if pool hopping's not an option, it will give me an excuse to start planing my next Disney trip....haaa!

Thanks for any info you can share on this!
June
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebugTN View Post
Have you ever had one of those days where you feel rotten until you get to the doctor's office and then ya feel better?! I feel like I just did that. Been searching for an hour to find an answer about trying out the AofA pool, and as soon as I posted my question, I located the right answer!

In case anybody else is search-challenged like me, apparently 'The Big Blue' pool is gated and micro chipped, so no dunking my head in the water to try out those underwater speakers on this trip!

Oh well, Pop's still going to be my favorite resort anyhow. Wishing you all a great trip!
June
I recognize that you've already answered your own question June, but I just wanted to note that the pool hopping "between the other values" is really only that you can swim at any of the pools at Pop (bowling pin, computer, and Hippy Dippy) if you are staying at Pop. You can't go over to ASMusic, Sports, or Movies and swim at their pools.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #1161
junebugTN
Mouseketeer
 
junebugTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
I recognize that you've already answered your own question June, but I just wanted to note that the pool hopping "between the other values" is really only that you can swim at any of the pools at Pop (bowling pin, computer, and Hippy Dippy) if you are staying at Pop. You can't go over to ASMusic, Sports, or Movies and swim at their pools.
Hi Sandi, and thanks for that clarification on pools. I really appreciate it!

I'm getting chilly even thinking about swimming in January....BRRRRR!

June
__________________
junebugTN is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #1162
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebugTN

Hi Sandi, and thanks for that clarification on pools. I really appreciate it!

I'm getting chilly even thinking about swimming in January....BRRRRR!

June
It looks like you're from Tennessee. Were you from Michigan you wouldn't think twice about swimming in January. (although we're supposed to hit 55 tomorrow --that's just wrong)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #1163
Salrx95
Mouseketeer
 
Salrx95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct.
Posts: 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Hey Sal, here is a link to a decent map that is an overview of the WDW property: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/propertymap.htm
At the bottom, with orange labels, you can see the WWoS and Pop Century. They are kinda close and this map gives a little perspective.
Thanks Sandi. I know exactly where it is in comparision now and that meant, especially since we were at ASMo 2 years ago. I appreciate it.
Salrx95 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #1164
Seriously71
Earning My Ears
 
Seriously71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37

Hi everyone! We will be at POP in 10 days and we are very excited. This will be our 5th trip to WDW and our 2nd stay at POP.

The last time we stayed at POP we did not do a room request but we loved the room we were given. We would like a room in the same general area if possible. I forgot to make the request when I booked the room. Should I call CRS or POP directly to make this request? Thanks for any help!
Seriously71 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 AM   #1165
goofgal31
Mouseketeer
 
goofgal31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
The handicap rooms are the same size as the other rooms, they just have the King bed and a handicap accessible shower (AKA a roll-in).
We have stayed in king handicap rooms before. This is the first time we have seen a king/double room. I was not wondering about the size of the room, just curious about how much floor space is left with haveing a king and a double bed.
goofgal31 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #1166
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salrx95 View Post
Thanks Sandi. I know exactly where it is in comparision now and that meant, especially since we were at ASMo 2 years ago. I appreciate it.
Happy to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously71 View Post
Hi everyone! We will be at POP in 10 days and we are very excited. This will be our 5th trip to WDW and our 2nd stay at POP.

The last time we stayed at POP we did not do a room request but we loved the room we were given. We would like a room in the same general area if possible. I forgot to make the request when I booked the room. Should I call CRS or POP directly to make this request? Thanks for any help!
You can call Disney Reservations and have a request added to your reservation. Do you know what decade your room was in? You cannot call Pop directly to make a request; even if you think you're calling Pop, it goes to central reservations. The other thing you might consider is doing on-line check in and making the request there. The new website is having problems though, so YMMV. I was able to do on line check in for my BWI stay that starts on 3/3, but it took several tries over a multi-day period.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #1167
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,826

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Bringing this up in case anyone might know but missed my original post.
I saw them at AoA. They had a section of all kinds of allergy-free food. We were searching for the babycakes that we saw one day and weren't there the next. A cm told us to ask as they often have the allergy free products in the back. She went into the kitchen and brought us some of the products we were looking for.
lovethattink is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #1168
princessanj
Earning My Ears
 
princessanj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously71
Hi everyone! We will be at POP in 10 days and we are very excited. This will be our 5th trip to WDW and our 2nd stay at POP.

The last time we stayed at POP we did not do a room request but we loved the room we were given. We would like a room in the same general area if possible. I forgot to make the request when I booked the room. Should I call CRS or POP directly to make this request? Thanks for any help!
This happened to us a few stays ago! I called about 2 weeks before our last stay to the disney reservations line and told them that I would like to request the exact room, or one extremely close it, and we got really close! Hope this helps!
__________________
princessanj is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #1169
nuge67
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 235

Does the gift shop have some inexpensive items to purchase for my children's classmates?

If not, where can one look?
nuge67 is offline  
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #1170
MinnieMO
he touched the butt?!?!
 
MinnieMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Disboards HAHA
Posts: 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seriously71 View Post
Hi everyone! We will be at POP in 10 days and we are very excited. This will be our 5th trip to WDW and our 2nd stay at POP.

The last time we stayed at POP we did not do a room request but we loved the room we were given. We would like a room in the same general area if possible. I forgot to make the request when I booked the room. Should I call CRS or POP directly to make this request? Thanks for any help!
Ill be there then too!! almost single digits!! Woo Hoo!!
__________________
I been Boo'ed Thanks toocherie & np4gp



Me 24 : 96 off-site
05 POR and 07,10,12,13,14 POP Century
MinnieMO is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: