Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #31
mommy2E
Earning My Ears

I'm here! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #32
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

If thats from your BOG reservation day ...then you need a photo of me too!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #33
Glennie5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Me too! I really wasn't looking forward to seeing an imposter. She made the trip feel "official"!

Glad you're along for this trip!
Julia made me promise I would show her all your new pictures from this year. We had to cancel our December trip and move it to May so we are living vicariously through your trip. I know I read in another post that your friends got to test out the FP+ and you did not. I am curious to see how that worked out. We are going with our friends in May and we are staying on site and they are staying off site, so not sure how the FP thing will work out for us all on this trip.
2015 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2013 May(Port Orleans Riverside),2011 Dec.(All Star Movies), 2011 Aug.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2011 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2010 May(Port Orleans Riverside), 2009 Feb.(All Star Sports)&(Port Orleans Riverside), 2008 Sept.(Port Orleans Riverside)&(Caribbean Beach), 2008 Jan.(Port Orleans Riverside), 2007 May(Port Orleans Riverside) 2007 March(Port Orleans Riverside), 2006 Oct.(Off Site) 2006 March(Fort Wilderness Cabins), 2005 May(Off Site), 2003 Feb.(Off Site),
Old 01-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #34
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Hi Just joining in!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #35
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
If thats from your BOG reservation day ...then you need a photo of me too!

There. I fixed it!

Quote:
OK, quiz time. What day did I take these photos? They definitely are related to the trip.

IMG_5678-2 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

IMG_5818 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

Old 01-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #36
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!
Officially counted in. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I'm here! I'm here! Super excited for another one of your trip reports, and to see all of dresses that Katie wears throughout the week! I saw one of her in a blue Belle dress hanging out with Gaston on tumblr earlier in the week, haha!

I hope everything ends up working out with the crowds and opening or FLE! From the first picture of Katie on 2 phones, I would guess it would be the day of making ADRs hah!
LOL, I just posted that one with Gaston on Flickr a couple days ago. We did sort of outdo ourselves on the Belle front this year. It was ALL about Belle this trip!

Sounds like a pretty good guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
The day BOG ADR's were available!!!!

What did I win?!?
Can I get back with you on that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post

it's from Skip driving her crazy. Hahaha...driving. I crack myself up.

You KILL me Carey!

I always know I can count on you when I need a laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2E View Post
I'm here! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!
Glad you made it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennie5 View Post
Julia made me promise I would show her all your new pictures from this year. We had to cancel our December trip and move it to May so we are living vicariously through your trip. I know I read in another post that your friends got to test out the FP+ and you did not. I am curious to see how that worked out. We are going with our friends in May and we are staying on site and they are staying off site, so not sure how the FP thing will work out for us all on this trip.
Wha a sweetie!

I'm so bummed you had to cancel. But glad you can plan for May!

It really was disruptive to have part of our party with FP+ and part without. At this point, nobody really knows how it will roll out for real. Only that apparently everyone gets 3 reserved spots, onsite or offsite. But no word at all on whether you can get more spots same day inside the park. But it does look good for you guys to be able to all have 3 spots to plan together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Hi Just joining in!
Glad you found us!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #37
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Excited for the TR - 10 days.... WOW - this is going to be a coffee table book of fab photos and costumes!

Can't wait and thanks in advance for sharing!

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 01-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #38
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnerella View Post
Excited for the TR - 10 days.... WOW - this is going to be a coffee table book of fab photos and costumes!

Can't wait and thanks in advance for sharing!

Sydnerella's Mama
Thanks Synderella! Glad ou're on board.

Lots of photos to follow, to be sure. I added a 32GB card to my collection before leaving and still had to buy a new one at the gift shop our last morning. Remember though, I shoot RAW (no Carey, I don't shoot NAKED.... let's just get that out of the way now ) and my files are close to 25 MB each. But I love having all that latitude to adjust things.

Here's an example.

Shot from ETWB straight from the camera:

IMG_9843_1 by mom2rtk, on Flickr

And after about 30 seconds in Lightroom 3:

IMG_9842_1 by mom2rtk, on Flickr
Old 01-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #39
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
There. I fixed it!

You guys and your naked shooting, so disrespectful!

Edit...
Actually if you did have a picture of me from that day, I would've most likely had hair sticking up all over and still in my jammies!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #40
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Edit...
Actually if you did have a picture of me from that day, I would've most likely had hair sticking up all over and still in my jammies!
Well, PURELY in the interest of documenting tha day accurately........ just send me the picture. No problem updating it again!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #41
scrapbookersdis
Yes, we are going to Disney World *again*!
It never occurred to me to wonder

Processing

So looking foward to hearing about your whole trip!

Beautiful shot with Belle -- and great post-processing. I know that a RAW shooter will consider this heresy -- but I've found that I can adjust the levels (and reduce the noise) of a large JPEG file nearly indistinguishably as well as I can a RAW file (despite the point often made about the huge amount of data in a RAW file). Maybe I've just experimented with the wrong kind of shot (though I've chosen low light pics {such as on Haunted Mansion} and post-processed with both RAW and JPEG versions {with the camera set to shoot both simultaneously}). You have probably experimented the same way and have had different results from mine?

Can't wait for more of your photos.

Sharla
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #42
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookersdis View Post
So looking foward to hearing about your whole trip!

Beautiful shot with Belle -- and great post-processing. I know that a RAW shooter will consider this heresy -- but I've found that I can adjust the levels (and reduce the noise) of a large JPEG file nearly indistinguishably as well as I can a RAW file (despite the point often made about the huge amount of data in a RAW file). Maybe I've just experimented with the wrong kind of shot (though I've chosen low light pics {such as on Haunted Mansion} and post-processed with both RAW and JPEG versions {with the camera set to shoot both simultaneously}). You have probably experimented the same way and have had different results from mine?

Can't wait for more of your photos.

Sharla
from a fellow scrapper!

Thanks for the kind words.

It's never heresy to me. Heck, it's all just one big learning process to me. I really know just enough to be dangerous. I just feel like the few times I've tried to run a Jpeg through Lightroom 3, I felt completely underwhelmed by what I was able to do compared to what I have been able to do with the RAW files. But then I'm not very skilled at photo editing either.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #43
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

I'm here Janet! I'm only a little bit late. Once again I'm totally blown away by the dresses, Katie looks gorgeous (and so grown up!). Can't wait to hear more!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #44
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I'm here Janet! I'm only a little bit late. Once again I'm totally blown away by the dresses, Katie looks gorgeous (and so grown up!). Can't wait to hear more!
Hey Missy! Glad you're here!

You haven't missed much. I just got started.

We're going to have a ~fabulous!~ time!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #45
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You just had to go there, didn't you?

Just don't get me started on my commando touring when I'm shooting RAW!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: