Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
hummingbirdluvr
Wife to Greg~Mom to Hunter~Texan Born & Bred~Heaven Bound Child Of God Forever!!!

Smile Our Wonderful Family Christmas Memories Aboard Disney Magic Dec 21, 2012 For 8 Nights

Hello Hailing Here From North Texas!

This is my first post & I wish I had found these boards before we left on our cruise so we could have participated .

Here is some info about our wonderful, unforgettable cruise experience. This was our 1st cruise & it has changed our lives forever as we've now we've caught the cruising bug and we really cannot imagine going on a cruise with any other cruise line because everything about our cruise was so top notch. We are strong believers in customer service and Disney has hired some super fabulous people that really care about creating a "Dream" like experience. We simply had no complaints and that is rare, especially for my customer-service minded husband.

If there was one minor thing we could complain about it was that one night we ordered an frozen a Blue Margarita from a different bar than we had from the night before and it tasted horrible so we took it to the bar next door that new how to make it the night before and they fixed us right up.

We were hardly ever in our room so we would still get a stateroom with a view in the future & are so happy we didn't go with an inside stateroom. We woke up so early every morning because of how excited we were about the activities we were going to do that day and a few nights we stayed up late and once towards the end of the cruise on a day at the ocean until sunrise and then slept until 11am. At night while we were at dinner, we always looked forward to what our Navigator had in store for us the next day.

We chose to take 3 port excursions we booked and again have no complaints. The 1st excursion in Key West was the Glass Bottom Boats & since we were there from 12:30-11:30pm then we had some Key Lime Pie at Kermit's, did some strolling and shopping at Del Sol for their t-shirts & sunglasses, we browsed around at Diamonds & Tanzanite International where Greg bought me some Tanzanite jewelry and we did some sightseeing in that beautiful place.

The 2nd excursion in Costa Maya was Jungle Beach Break and it was a sun-filled fun-filled day even for our 18-year-old.

The 3rd port excursion was Cozumel and the Atlantis Submarine Excursion where we went more than 100 feet below sea level. It was such a beautiful & unforgettable experience to see the Cozumel reef with all of it varieties of sea life. coral and anemone, Stingrays, Barracudas, Snapper, and other species of fish. I felt like we were in a live Finding Nemo & now understand & appreciate why people love to snorkel, snuba, & scuba.

Our family loves the culinary aspect and so the food was over-the-top amazing... We all gained a few pounds. For one of our formal nights, we chose to eat a special 2 hour long Christmas Dinner at the Palo Restaurant that specializes in Northern Italian cuisine. It was great food and the restaurant was absolutely beautiful but so was all of the food at the a-la-carte Lumiere's, the buffet restaurants Animator's Palate, Parrot Cay and Topsider, and even the other 3 casual dining places outside by the pools was good and satisfying when we needed a snack or fresh fruit in between meals. The were called Goofy's Galley, Pinocchio's Pizzeria, and Pluto's Doghouse.

We saw 3 Disney Broadway style shows... Villains Tonight, Twice Charmed, & Disney Dreams. We got to see 2 of Hunter's favorite Bananas comedians Paul Aldrich and Taylor Mason who is also a ventriloquist. and Greg & Hunter got to enjoy seeing Chad Chesmark , The Bucket Boys, & Charlie Peachock. Then their movie theaters showed Finding Nemo in 3D, Monsters Inc in 3D, Tangled, Brave, Wreck-It-Ralph, The Avengers, Frankenweenie, and Lincoln. Our in room TV had lots of great Christmas movies playing as well as some very recently released from the theater movies. I do wish we could have had The Weather Channel (on the 2 days at sea that we had of off & on rain storms) and I missed watching a regular Good Morning America.

We are in awe of how the whole experience was brought to us all on that ship and that everything we were able to experience was all because the entire crew of about 1,000 people from all over the world are able to be like "a well-oiled machine." One thing that truly kept us mesmerized about every employee on the ship... PLUS they really all seemed to LOVE their job and what they are there for.

As far as my hubby, his Top 5 Highlights Were...

1) Trying Culinary Dishes that you've heard the names of but never had before such as Veal Scallopini, Beef Wellington, Strawberries Romanoff, Baked Alaska, and the super Duck & Lamb recipes.

2) All Of The Theater Productions

3) The Submarine Excursion

4) The Educational Jewelry & Other Shopping Seminars

5) The Beach Excursion In Costa Maya with All-Inclusive Drinks

Oh and Hunter... He absolutely LOVED going on a this cruise. He wants to do a longer cruise...a Mediterranean cruise. He even entered the Talent Show (not contest) and played a beautiful piano piece called Home that we taped the last night on the ship and he ended up hanging out & meeting up with the 18-21 year old crowd and late nights every evening, and it never failed, we could always find Hunter playing the piano in the Diversions bar and sometimes we would stay there & listen to him, played Backgammon, and watch people compliment him on his self-taught piano playing abilities. So many awesome memories compartmentalized into 8 nights and 9 days.

WOW I have written a book BUT it all just started flowing out of my fingertips as the wonderful memories came flooding back...I can't wait to plan & take another cruise.

Have A Happy New Year 2013!!!

Stay Blessed!
Kimberly

ME-43 DH-45 DS-18
Our 2nd Cruise February 23, 2013 6-Night in the Disney Magic to Cozumel & Grand Cayman

Our 1st Cruise December 21-29, 2012 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic

hummingbirdluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I completely understand that amazing feeling you had.

We have sailed the Magic 4 times since 2002.
We love that ship.
The first time we sailed my son was 10 and my daughter 14. They had the most amazing time. She cried when we left the ship. LOL

We sailed with them last January at the ages of 19 and 24. She is now a married woman with 2 children. So to get to now watch my 2 grand babies (1 and 3) enjoy "Mickey's boat" was such a joy.

I love everything Disney, But Disney Cruises are the best!

Can't wait for our first Wonder cruise in a few weeks, right out of our own backyard!!!
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #3
MiceFan
I like this place

Thanks for the report! We're on the Magic in March. I've been trying to find more info about the 8 night cruises. I see that you saw 3 of the shows and I've been wondering if they offered a live show every night or if there were some dark nights...I only see 5 shows featured on the Disneycruise website. Do you know if they repeat the shows or is something else done on the other 3 nights? Thanks!

Always ready to go back.
8 trips to the World, a few to the Land & 1 Disney Cruise
Mary DH The kiddos!
MiceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
wws
Earning My Ears

hummingbirdluvr, you are happy. I'm glad for you.
wws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
mellyp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiceFan View Post
Thanks for the report! We're on the Magic in March. I've been trying to find more info about the 8 night cruises. I see that you saw 3 of the shows and I've been wondering if they offered a live show every night or if there were some dark nights...I only see 5 shows featured on the Disneycruise website. Do you know if they repeat the shows or is something else done on the other 3 nights? Thanks!
They dont repeat the show, everyday is different.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
hummingbirdluvr
Wife to Greg~Mom to Hunter~Texan Born & Bred~Heaven Bound Child Of God Forever!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiceFan View Post
Hi MiceFan!

On our 8 night cruise there was a live show featured every night in the Walt Disney Theatre except for 1 night when they featured the movie Wreck-It Ralph and that was likely because it was the day we were at Key West from 12:30pm until 11:45pm, and Day 6 & 7 we went to Costa Maya & Cozumel.

Day 1 was All Aboard! Let The Magic Begin - Not A Broadway show - Cruise Casual
Day 2 was Villains Tonight - a Broadway type show - Formal Night
Day 3 was the movie Wreck-It Ralph - Cruise Casual
Day 4 was The Comedy & Ventriloquism of Taylor Mason - Cruise Casual - Christmas Eve
Day 5 was Twice Charmed - a Broadway type show - Semi Formal - Christmas
Day 6 was The Comedy & Juggling of Charlie Peachock - Pirate Night or Cruise Casual
Day 7 was Disney Dreams: An Enchanted Classic - a Broadway type show - Semi Formal
Day 8 was Remember The Magic: A Final Farewell - Not A Broadway Show - Cruise Casual

We saw Villains Tonight, Wreck-It Ralph, The Comedy & Ventriloquism of Taylor Mason, Twice Charmed, Disney Dreams; An Enchanted Classic and just didn't make it to the other shows because of wanting to do other things those nights and the last night our son was performing in the talent show during the same time frame of the Final Farewell.

You all are going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going on a Disney cruise and if we had it to do all over again we would still see all the shows we saw and maybe wish we could have seen the others on Day 1,6, & 8 too... Maybe next time if the are the same shows we will.

Stay Blessed!
Kimberly

ME-43 DH-45 DS-18
Our 2nd Cruise February 23, 2013 6-Night in the Disney Magic to Cozumel & Grand Cayman

Our 1st Cruise December 21-29, 2012 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Disney Magic

Last edited by hummingbirdluvr; 02-08-2013 at 01:02 AM.
hummingbirdluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
MiceFan
I like this place

Thanks!!!
MiceFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: