Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #16
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

I just got some clarification on the club lounge from an expert - conventions will not be able to book the lounge for their events. Attendees are able to reserve business class rooms just as families are, but the lounge is for all guests who have booked business class.

Word so far is that there will be no complimentary upgrades to business class.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #17
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
What kind of breakfast foods is it? We are big breakfast people and usually use our QS credits on breakfast, which I kind of hate doing. Might be worth upgrading to business class for us if the breakfast is good. How about the snacks?
If it's like other club level food, there will be scrambled eggs, bacon, continental type danishes, cereal, maybe cinnamon rolls, coffee, juice, milk, etc.
Have to say I am thrilled about this new offering. We've always been fond of CSR but it will become our weekend place when we're staying DVC. The weekend pts. allotment are nuts and I refuse to use them for that time. We usually fly in on a Friday night and fly out about 10 days later, so 2 weekends at CSR each trip!
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #18
tazleiten12
DIS Veteran

Question

Does anyone know if the business class rooms, have connecting rooms?
THANKS!

MARIE
Disney Nut Since 1993! DVC Member since 2006!
tazleiten12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #19
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazleiten12 View Post
Does anyone know if the business class rooms, have connecting rooms?
THANKS!
I'm sure they do, since there were connecting rooms in 9B before it became business class. They didn't do any major remodels for the reclassification other than creating the lounge; the rooms are the same as they ever were except for upgraded soft goods and accessories.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #20
deltadisney
Mouseketeer

Anyone stayed yet?
deltadisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltadisney View Post
Anyone stayed yet?
Bumping because I'd love to see some more reviews before I pull the trigger!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #22
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

I haven't yet but I just read a post today from someone who was there this week when it opened. I'll have to find it. It's only open 7am-10am for breakfast then reopens 5pm-10pm for snacks and drinks. Nothing hot is served. Pretty much a continental breakfast with juice, coffee/tea, milk, fruit, yogurt, cereals, pastry, muffins, bagels, etc. I think she said cookies, chips/salsa, bagged snacks, soda, juice, water, wine, beer, and sangria at night. I'll see if I can find that thread and post it. Still sounds good to me.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:28 PM   #23
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Hoping someone will post a review and some pics soon!!!

1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR *

POR 2009 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ching+t+shirts
DLRP Trip Reports
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2419270
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2476348
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rd+trip+report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....le+trip+report
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 PM   #24
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasil72 View Post
I haven't yet but I just read a post today from someone who was there this week when it opened. I'll have to find it. It's only open 7am-10am for breakfast then reopens 5pm-10pm for snacks and drinks. Nothing hot is served. Pretty much a continental breakfast with juice, coffee/tea, milk, fruit, yogurt, cereals, pastry, muffins, bagels, etc. I think she said cookies, chips/salsa, bagged snacks, soda, juice, water, wine, beer, and sangria at night. I'll see if I can find that thread and post it. Still sounds good to me.
Well....if it isn't going to be open throughout the daytime hours I probably won't spring for the extra $$ then. We are rope drop people and during the time of year I'm going will come back afternoon for a "rest" then back to parks at night......I know I saw on one of disney's sites it was open all day..guess that changed .

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #25
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
Well....if it isn't going to be open throughout the daytime hours I probably won't spring for the extra $$ then. We are rope drop people and during the time of year I'm going will come back afternoon for a "rest" then back to parks at night......I know I saw on one of disney's sites it was open all day..guess that changed .
The way it's advertised on Disney's site is that it's open "7am-10pm" so if it does close in the middle of the day, that is disappointing. We're in the same boat is you. We'd want snacks and drinks in the afternoon. Hoping some more people will post their experiences soon....
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #26
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

We were just there 1/6-1/10 and stayed business class. The lounge was open from 7-10am for breakfast. Breakfast was orange juice, fruit(watermelon, canteloupe, blueberreis, raspberries, blackberries), mango yogurt, granola, bagels, and pastries. They also had bottles of water and soft drinks out. The lounge then closed until 5pm. At 5-10pm they had out soft drinks, and they would get you beer, wine, or sangria. They had potato and tortilla chips, crackers, and dips. Also, they had hummus and pita chips- and then they had chocolate covered pretzels later. The CMs here were AMAZING!! We loved the lounge. They had two tvs and a few computers as well. They don't have the hours and food offerings like the deluxes- but then they don't charge alot more like the deluxes. We thought we got more than our money's worth!!

(Me) (DH) (DS20) (DS17) (Jill) (Larry) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
pattyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #27
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw View Post
We were just there 1/6-1/10 and stayed business class. The lounge was open from 7-10am for breakfast. Breakfast was orange juice, fruit(watermelon, canteloupe, blueberreis, raspberries, blackberries), mango yogurt, granola, bagels, and pastries. They also had bottles of water and soft drinks out. The lounge then closed until 5pm. At 5-10pm they had out soft drinks, and they would get you beer, wine, or sangria. They had potato and tortilla chips, crackers, and dips. Also, they had hummus and pita chips- and then they had chocolate covered pretzels later. The CMs here were AMAZING!! We loved the lounge. They had two tvs and a few computers as well. They don't have the hours and food offerings like the deluxes- but then they don't charge alot more like the deluxes. We thought we got more than our money's worth!!
Thanks for this! Is there an extra charge for the alcoholic beverages?

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:52 AM   #28
pattyw
WDW- We luv u!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballmom3 View Post
Thanks for this! Is there an extra charge for the alcoholic beverages?
No charge I thought I red where it was a cash bar- but not so! They didn't have it out to help yourself- but the CM served you. DH and I had 2 sangrias each- so they don't limit you.

(Me) (DH) (DS20) (DS17) (Jill) (Larry) (Todd) (Riley)
WDW is our HAPPY PLACE!!
pattyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #29
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Video not impressive

I looked on Buzz's website last night and there is a video of the "special room" or lounge and I really wasn't that impressed, I know it's not Club level of a deluxe but the video did not show that much of a continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine (additional fee) and cheese. It just showed a little bit of stuff, not much food and drink for the extra money, so my question is it worth the extra cost?
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
germ539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #30
Weluvdizney2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyw
Thanks for the review. Is there any way to contact the staff before arrival, because I have two rooms reserved and would like to request connecting rooms. Also, when the lounge closes at 5, does that mean that the snacks are not available or does it mean that the doors are locked. I was hoping to have some extra space to hang out in the day.
Thanks!
Weluvdizney2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: