Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #451
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
Yes. I've walked over to safari many a time from Tusker House. I just pop out once we've met all the characters and grab our fps. They are very close. Then you all pay, finish your coffee, pack up, use the potty, etc and it'll be time to ride. Or u can grab fp right after breakfast and do the animal trail that is right there while you wait.

And like you said, fp+ would be even better for you.

Toy Story Mania is TSM. It the hardest ride to skip lines for in all of wdw. If you don't get there 15 min before rope drop or have a fp or fp+ you are looking at 70 minutes even in slow time periods. And it's fun for all ages so everyone wants to do it.

I thought of an analogy for why we are all panicking but you shouldn't.

It's like we Disboarders have been given the answer to the test for years. And now the teacher has stopped doing that. Everyone will know the secret to our good grades. So we don't like it. When we went to Disneyland this year I read an read on here and micechat all the tips. But when I got there I realized EVERYONE knew the tips. So all my studying had done had brought me up to par with the other guests. I didn't have a cheat sheet. I think that is the goal here.

So don't worry at all. You know more than most and they are making it less important to know a lot. So in all ways you will be better off than in 2008.

My family, on the other hand, collected 106 fast passes one day 3 years ago, then napped and came back and used them all late from 8-10 pm and then stayed for evening emh. We did all of mk that day. Many things 3-4 times. It was fantastic.

Enforced fp return times already changed that in August. It was a hard adjustment.

But really, there was no need for us to have the best time on earth with no waits for any rides while everyone else waited forever. But who doesn't love being teachers pet?
Love this
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Aug 2014 DVC DCA
Old 01-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #452
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead
It's like we Disboarders have been given the answer to the test for years. And now the teacher has stopped doing that. Everyone will know the secret to our good grades. So we don't like it.
I would modify your analogy a bit:

It's like we Disboarders have studied for the test for years. And now the teacher has decided to give us the same grade no matter our effort. So we don't like it.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #453
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2

It's like we Disboarders have studied for the test for years. And now the teacher has decided to give us the same grade no matter our effort. So we don't like it.

I actually pondered that analogy. Cause it's not like we don't put effort in. But I put all that effort into DL and it didn't help me. This way if you are a studier you still can get a better grade. But it's not automatic.

For example, we studiers will know to not take what automatically pops up. And to never take a ressie time for 9:30 am since there won't be lines then anyway. And to get on at exactly 60 days of we want TSM at the exact day and time we want it.

I also was pondering the post about shoppers shopping and those that don't not suddenly doing it because they have more time.

I'm not a shopper. And my magic+ is not going to change that. But I have already given wdw an extra %. Because I'm concerned about having to take it easier and swim more, I'm going to buy 10 day tkts instead of 8 (we were already staying 9 nights). This means I'll be in parks an extra 2 days. Now I'll be in the parks less time, but still. 2 more days surely means I'll spend a bit more money in wdw. And if I have to wear it 10 days, I'm willing to buy a bracelet that fits and I like. It benefits their pocketbook. And it benefits me as my wdw vacation will be more relaxing. So I'll give them more money and leave happier. Without any shopping (except a bracelet if I hate the normal one).
Old 01-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #454
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post

Studied? Really? Bad analogy when most claim that the "teachers" told them the answer to the FP "test". And you wouldnt have liked it either back then if everyone knew the answers you were told.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #455
Kaylasmomma
Mouseketeer

We enjoy the shopping part as much as the riding part.. but we reserve that for going to DD not in the actual parks so saving me time with the FP+ will not make me want to shop in the park..if that is the goal
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #456
mummabear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
So disney hopes I spend 15-20% more while I'm in the parks, because I would not have to pull out my CC or cash...

Boy are they wrong.... For people like me who do plan down to what ride to ride.. Did They really think I haven't planned exactly what We want to buy!?!?

The thing every parents hates is having their kids whine and scream about a toy in the store.. So the avoid that we set out rules about what they can have
Per person- 1 hat, 1 pin, 1 plush toy.... And one photo book for mom...
That is it... Works great! And with ADRs we know exactly how much we are spending on food..
So explain how I'm going to spend 15-20% more b/c of a magicband?
This 15-20$ was based on increase of sales with a similar band in a waterpark (where without the band your cash is in a locker not with you) I wouldnt expect it to have the same impact at Disney, although some guests will feel like they arent apending esp if you send it back to your room too and therefore spend more....What I dont like is the spend limit is based on the level of your resort-just because I booked a value resort doesnt mean I dont have the same money as someone staying in a deluxe we all choose to use our money differently
Old 01-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #457
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylasmomma View Post
We enjoy the shopping part as much as the riding part.. but we reserve that for going to DD not in the actual parks so saving me time with the FP+ will not make me want to shop in the park..if that is the goal
You didn't get the memo? You're supposed to be shopping in BOTH places. Clearly they have some work to do with you!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #458
hvanes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
That is why they put shops at the end of many attractions, because they know some people won't go to DTD or MouseGears or the Emporium. So they bring the shopping to you.
Maybe one of the new FP+ perks will be bringing the food to me as well... Dole Whips while we wait in Splash's unending standby line? Now that's something my 13-year-old could get down with.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #459
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummabear

What I dont like is the spend limit is based on the level of your resort-just because I booked a value resort doesnt mean I dont have the same money as someone staying in a deluxe we all choose to use our money differently
I agree... We have the money to stay at the deluxe hotels, however I have two young kids that LOVE the values b/c it's not like any other hotel they have ever been to..
And when we go to disney, we like to have it all around us..
Also the feeling you get when you arrive at the value I think is better...
For some reason when you arrive at the higher mod/deluxe resorts you still feel so far away.. Our DD even had to asked us " mom when are we getting to WDW"
Nothing says you have arrived like walking through the doors and seeing a giant buzz or pongo
And my DH looks at it like this " we are never in our room, why would we pay more to stay in a room that we are only in to sleep! "

I'm still not sold on The idea that the bands are going to increase profit.. I think it would push people to the other parks.. All our FP+ are in the late afternoon, so lets to universal! No need to be at HS at RD for toy story... I also think this will push people away from the resorts..
With the decrease in EMH, and no perk in FP+ for staying at the resorts.. Why would people NEED to stay there..
Also rumor no FD... Disney you are pushing guest to non- disney resorts!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #460
mummabear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvanes View Post
Maybe one of the new FP+ perks will be bringing the food to me as well... Dole Whips while we wait in Splash's unending standby line? Now that's something my 13-year-old could get down with.
Now maybe not dole whip but I have often found myself in a long line wishing I could buy a drink or snack and wondering why the dont have people like at the baseball or at seaworld before the shows going through the line selling a small assortment-then at DL this year they were hooray! Fingers crossed this has or will be introduced at WDW. Another way that Disney makes me spend more money but in a way that is making my experience as a guest better
Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #461
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvanes View Post
From what I've heard, Universal does something similar, so it isn't all that far-fetched.
Old 01-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #462
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Unless they install facial recognition software, I don't see why you couldn't.
You're technically forbidden from doing so, but there's no real way to enforce it.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #463
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
It's like we Disboarders have been given the answer to the test for years. And now the teacher has stopped doing that. Everyone will know the secret to our good grades. So we don't like it.
I think that this does explain some of the "we fear change" response on here!

Quote:
For example, we studiers will know to not take what automatically pops up. And to never take a ressie time for 9:30 am since there won't be lines then anyway. And to get on at exactly 60 days of we want TSM at the exact day and time we want it.
You know, this does help assuage that tiny bit of "not fair!" feeling I had briefly!! You're performing a service here -- thank you!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #464
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Unless they install facial recognition software, I don't see why you couldn't.
Omg imagine that facial recognition software. I wonder if they will install an ugly filter and not let me in. Sorry lady pretty ones only in this park lol.

I can imagine in the future facial recognition. I bet their security systems use it now. I have heard of people that get banned for life have been caught in the parks and asked to leave. Assuming this is true they must have facial recognition to have realised they were in there. Would be cool if combined with the photopass :-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Old 01-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #465
maggiew
If she hates to be wet, then how does the survive bathing?

How are they going to handle non-expiring tickets? I was thinking of buying some 10 day fully loaded non expiring tickets. I know that they took the non-expiring option off the WDW ticket page. So it seems like they are moving away from that. But what about if you already have them? If we load them onto our bracelet for one trip, what happens for the next trip?

DH and I have been in WDW area and not done the parks because we didn't want to spend the money on one day tickets. So I thought getting the 10 day non-expiring would be good for us so we could hit a park one day if we were passing through. For example, we cruised the last 2 years out of Port Canaveral but didn't do Disney even though we were there a couple days early. Plus my inlaws live in Florida, so we could head to Disney for a day or two on a whim when visiting them.

Now I am afraid to pull the plug on these tickets. I don't want to lose my 10 water park days, etc. some day down the road.

Maggie
Prince Sakura Hotel TDR * Marriott Residence Inn LBV Dec 2013 * Hotel Cheyenne DLPR May 2013 * Aulani July 2012 * Royal Pacific July 2011 * Pop Century Aug 2010 * Disneyland Oct 2009 * Beach Club July 2009 * AsMo Dec 2007 Mousefest! * Old Key West July 2006 * Pop Century Dec. 2005 Mousefest! * Sheraton Safari July 2005 * Pop Century/Portofino Bay Hotel August 2004 * Coronado Springs Nov 2003 * Dolphin June 2003 * POR Nov/Dec 2002 * AsMu 1999 * AsSp 1997
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: