Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #316
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

In a heartbeat. Hell, I would do it now - let my 8 year old son wait in a gift shop. It all depends on the kids maturity, I guess, but I would assume at 12 the majority of kids could handle waiting in a gift shop for 20-30 minutes.

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #317
Peter Fan
Peter Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse

Ummmm, 202 posts at this point, and a lot of them on this thread -
maybe Melodious is right!!

I, for one, do not like to see any boy in the women's restroom beyond about 5 years (even some that age bother me). That's why they make companion restrooms if there is a need to bring the opposite sex child in with them, right?? I sure would be *very* uncomfortable if there was a 10 yr up boy in there
But it doesn't matter what you think
Peter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #318
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
lol 42. Then it's daddy who can't let his 10 year old daughter out of his sight and doesn't want them in the mens room so he goes with her in the ladies room and we shouldn't feel uncomfortable and we simply explain why there is a grown man in the ladies bathroom.

It's called any thing is ok as long as my needs are met.
Well, I'd hesitate to bring my 37 yo into the ladies room but I'm torn about my 29 yo. He is engaged and getting married in March. Do you think I could risk letting him into the men's room?
wanted to add, I'm just joking, of course.

Last edited by Robbi; 01-10-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #319
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

I could see some of this paranoia about little boys looking into cracks in the stalls at some malls or places...but most of the bathrooms I used at WDW were huge. Standing in the entrance way you would practically have to be superman to see into those stalls!

So, to the pp who lets her 5 year old son use the mens room - are you saying that you are comfortable leaving your 5 year old child standing out in the crowds of WDW all alone? This thread is a little disturbing. The average 5, 6, 7, 8, and even 9 year old boy is not really interested in sex and is not trying to get a look at teenager girls through the crack of a stall door.

This thread is pretty funny, all in all. We have the people who won't leave a teenager alone in a public gift shop and the people leaving kindergardeners alone in the park. The huge differences are astounding.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #320
DisneyFan2013
Mouseketeer

Let me just say that my mom got upset with me for going to Epcot alone at night and I am over 25!

I don't have any kids myself yet, but I wouldn't leave a 12 year old alone just because I know I'd never forgive myself if something happened to him/her. With daughters, I'd probably worry about them forever (like my mom worries about me), but I could probably leave my sons alone around age 15-16, but I still wouldn't leave them for long.
DisneyFan2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #321
robinb
DIS Veteran

This thread now has a Pee Wee Herman "I know you are, but what am I?" feel to it. I'm out before someone says the "secret word of the day" .
Old 01-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #322
Robbi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post
I could see some of this paranoia about little boys looking into cracks in the stalls at some malls or places...but most of the bathrooms I used at WDW were huge. Standing in the entrance way you would practically have to be superman to see into those stalls!

So, to the pp who lets her 5 year old son use the mens room - are you saying that you are comfortable leaving your 5 year old child standing out in the crowds of WDW all alone? This thread is a little disturbing. The average 5, 6, 7, 8, and even 9 year old boy is not really interested in sex and is not trying to get a look at teenager girls through the crack of a stall door.

This thread is pretty funny, all in all. We have the people who won't leave a teenager alone in a public gift shop and the people leaving kindergardeners alone in the park. The huge differences are astounding.
It's a do what's right for your family type of thing. I won't judge what other families allow because I don't know the correct thing for anyone else.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #323
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Don't feed the TROLL

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #324
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post

Don't feed the TROLL
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #325
Reddy
Scrapbooker

just for everyones info
I emailed Disney World & asked about bringing my boys with me into the bathroom - my boys are non-verbal austic
Disney replied that boys age 10 & over are not allowed in the women's restrooms - please use the companion bathrooms if your child is of the other sex & over 9

a 10 year should be able to go into a bathroom my themself - if not please bring someone with you to deal with it or use the companion
Old 01-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #326
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

I think it's fine.. But you have to judge if you/her are ok with that..

As for the bathrooms.. I have no problems with boys in women's bathrooms. For the most park they go the bathroom, wash and then go wait upfront for mom..
I get more privacy at a disney bathroom then I do at home..
My DD is having BAD separation issues and freaks out every time I walk out of her line of view..

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #327
shoney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
heehee, That's not because they don't care, that's because for some reason we women take godawful long in there and the line is always out the door. You'd miss half the event waiting in line.

I've also seen them post a lookout at the door to make sure no men enter while they are there.
a number of years ago, I was on line to use the women's room at a broadway show. The line was soooo long and the show was going to start soon.

The ppl from the theatre moved half of the women over to the mens room, so we could share. Women used the stalls, while the men were peeing the urinals! Didn't bother me one bit...I had to go!
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #328
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2six View Post

Absolutely

ETA As you can see DS is 9 now and alive and well! I've let him go many places on his own, he is incredibly independent. He's been riding his bike all over the neighborhood by himself since he was 5 also. I let him go out and play and have fun and he always seem to make it back for dinner!

Last edited by nchulka; 01-10-2013 at 01:21 PM.
nchulka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #329
nchulka
it was funny when the creepy guys would follow close to them and then pull their chainsaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan2013 View Post
Let me just say that my mom got upset with me for going to Epcot alone at night and I am over 25!

I don't have any kids myself yet, but I wouldn't leave a 12 year old alone just because I know I'd never forgive myself if something happened to him/her. With daughters, I'd probably worry about them forever (like my mom worries about me), but I could probably leave my sons alone around age 15-16, but I still wouldn't leave them for long.
This is the most disturbing thing I have read in the entire thread!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #330
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan2013 View Post

Someone seems to have severe separation/trusting/anxiety issues, and is already passing them down to their daughter

Sure hope someone helps you with these feelings before you do have children of your own.
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: