Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
Brittmarie04
Mouseketeer

Free dining

Does anyone know if free dining will be offered for summer dates 2013? I'd like to go this summer and would love to get free dining. My dates are very flexible so I can make anything work. Also I will be on a disney cruise then staying at pop for 2 days in end of Jan. so anyone know if free dining is a current bounce back offer at pop?
Brittmarie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
RandomPrincess
Earning My Ears

Disney hasn't given out Free Dining in the last few promos. They haven't released anything for summer except the very beginning of June and it was for Disney Visa only so far. It was up to 30% off resorts and some ticket discounts as well I'm not sure all the details.
RandomPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
CollieMom
Earning My Ears

Oh, I hope they do. My in laws are going in Sept and I hope the free dining is an option1
CollieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

They offered free dining in Dec. We just got back before Christmas from a two week free dining trip. I believe they also offered a bounceback free dining offer for Aug/Sept. 2013 this past fall. They do not offer free dining during the peak of summer. Plan for the end of Aug. through Sept. They have not always offered it for Oct/Nov/Dec. But the last few years they have. If anything is going to come out for Aug/Sept. to the general public we will probably not know until April at the earliest.

Side note: The two weeks we were there was not very busy despite free dining being offered. I was expecting it to pick up the closer we got to Christmas but it didn't happen like in previous years that we had gone. The busiest we encountered was Dec 15 in the Magic Kingdom. This was expected though with it being a Saturday. The wait times were low for most things except for the very popular attractions such as Toy Story Mania/Soarin/Test Track/Everest and Peter Pan which always seem to be busy. Also the New Fantasyland attractions The Little Mermaid and Enchanted Tales with Belle were very busy with long waits. Dumbo was walk on. The double Dumbo's really make a huge difference for that ride. Counter Service was busier than Table Service places as well. I think most people chose a value resort and did not upgrade. Even BOG had tables empty despite not being able to get an ADR. Crystal Palace breakfast had the most tables empty while we were there from 8:30am till almost 10am.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollieMom View Post
Oh, I hope they do. My in laws are going in Sept and I hope the free dining is an option1
Are they aware that it is very hot weather in Sept? We went once in Sept. and never again. The heat is just too much for us to enjoy ourselves. It was in the 90's and humid the whole time we were there. We have been in April, Sept, end of Oct, begin of Nov, and Dec. December is our favorite because of the Christmas decorations but the end of Oct. begin of Nov was nice for the weather as well as lower crowds. It was neat being in the MK one day and it was decorated for Halloween and the next day it was decorated for Christmas- as the first Christmas party was about to start.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #6
Brittmarie04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPrincess
Disney hasn't given out Free Dining in the last few promos. They haven't released anything for summer except the very beginning of June and it was for Disney Visa only so far. It was up to 30% off resorts and some ticket discounts as well I'm not sure all the details.
Thanks for the info. I was debating on getting disney visa. We're going on disney dream in 2 weeks followed by a few days at Disney. Hm do u remember what the ticket discounts were? I've never got discounted tickets before
Brittmarie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #7
mdcousins
Earning My Ears

My sister got a pin in the mail for free dining yesterday...dates good through the end of February.
mdcousins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #8
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I have heard some rumors that if they offer "free" dining later this year, it will not include the Value Resorts and for the others it will be QSDP only

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #9
tubtruck
Tubtastic

That's most likley true, its available this year on the UK website and is QSP only but can be upgraded for extra payment.

tubtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #10
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Yes, there is a prevailing rumor (unconfirmed) that there will be free dining offered to the general public for September, but it will not be available at the value resorts. If this is true, you will have to upgrade your resort to get free dining.

UK has done this for years (not available at value resorts, QS offered free at moderates)
Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #11
5bound4wdw
Earning My Ears

We are banking on free dining for our trip in Aug too. We are booked for the last week of Aug, so i hope that helps our chances It's so hard to wait!

5bound4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
malacajo
Mouseketeer

We are planning on going the week after Labor Day in Sept-I am SO hoping for free dining! Our plan right now (w/out free dining) is to stay at Arts/Animation, but if free dining comes along, I know we'll have to upgrade...Here's to keeping fingers crossed and lots of Pixie Dust for all of Sept!!!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #13
tyniknate
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheshire Figment View Post
I have heard some rumors that if they offer "free" dining later this year, it will not include the Value Resorts and for the others it will be QSDP only
My DS 17 received a mail offer for FD through the end of April. Just for giggles I called to see if Value Resorts were included and they were. I was also curious why they were sending the offer to a 17 YR OLD She said because he would be turning 18 during the offer period?

tyniknate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #14
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

The rumor is that the general public offer for Aug/Sept (not the limited distribution offers like PIN codes or bouncebacks) will not include value resorts. Of course it's only still a rumor.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #15
MTAPierce
Excited for our 1st trip to WDW!

We had free dining this past September. We got a bounce-back offer for September of this year.

However, at the time, we weren't sure where we'd be finacially, so we didn't book it. (I had just that very week gotten laid off at work - complete surprise - but PTL, I had an offer within a week of getting home!)

So, now, we are secure in our finances, and want to go in September again... I'm just hoping they do some type of free dining again, if not, I'm gonna kick myself for not booking the bounce-back offer!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: