Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
KorbensMomma
Mouseketeer

Harmony Barber Shop

I called and asked Disney Customer Service and they had no idea so I thought I would ask y'all.

Is there a minimum age for the First Haircut Package at the Harmony Barber Shop? Also does it come with anything special or is it just a haircut?
KorbensMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorbensMomma
I called and asked Disney Customer Service and they had no idea so I thought I would ask y'all.

Is there a minimum age for the First Haircut Package at the Harmony Barber Shop? Also does it come with anything special or is it just a haircut?
We are planning on doing this with our 9 month old. I believe they get Mickey ears, a certificate, and something for the actual hair. As for the age, I saw nothing nor have I heard of a minimum.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
funkbucket007
Incinerate

Both of my sons were under one year of age when they received their first haircuts there.
"We have created characters and animated them in the dimension of depth, revealing through them to our perturbed world that the things we have in common far outnumber and outweigh those that divide us." - Walt Disney

Me DW DS/11 DS/7

funkbucket007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Tropics
Mouseketeer

My daughter will be 11.5 mo when she gets her first haircut there in a couple of weeks. They asked her age when I booked the appointment and it didn't seem to be a problem.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #5
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I don't believe there is a minimum age. My DD got her first haircut there at 21 months. If you get the first haircut package, which is about $5 more than a regular child's haircut, you get a certificate, a lock of hair to keep, and Mickey ears that say First Haircut. Don't forget to bring cash for a tip as they can't add it onto you cc because they are on the same system as the store next door.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

One important thing to remember at the MK Barber Shop. When they removed the old antique cash register and put in a terminal to allow use of credit cards and hotel charges and the like they hooked into The Emporium's network. The register, unlike ones in table service restaurants, cannot handle tips as part of the transaction.

So if you are planning on using the Harmony Barber Shop please be aware that if you are using any sort of card you cannot add a tip on the card and should have cash available for tipping.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
shell8558
DIS Veteran

My nephew got his first haircut there in May and he was 13 months old. I believe it was 20.00, and my sister had to pay for it when she called to book the reservation. Totally worth every penny!!! It was awesome! And when he left with those little personlized mickey ears that said "first haircut"- OMG he was sooo cute!
Old 01-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #8
C & L Shaw
Goofy4DisneyWorld

Quote:
Originally Posted by shell8558
My nephew got his first haircut there in May and he was 13 months old. I believe it was 20.00, and my sister had to pay for it when she called to book the reservation. Totally worth every penny!!! It was awesome! And when he left with those little personlized mickey ears that said "first haircut"- OMG he was sooo cute!
We made a reservation for our son last week to get his first haircut there in June and the only thing they asked us for was a credit card but they did not charge it at that time.

C & L Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: