Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #16
ChipnDale79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Awful. Life is structured enough. Do we have to be that way on vacation too?
Agreed, what's next? Are we going to have to schedule a bathroom fast pass 60 days in advance?
ChipnDale79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79

Agreed, what's next? Are we going to have to schedule a bathroom fast pass 60 days in advance?
you dont have to schedule times for anything in advance. this was mentioned many times and in a quote from Staggs. so i think you are free to release yourself as you please.

bwang123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #18
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang123

you dont have to schedule times for anything in advance. this was mentioned many times and in a quote from Staggs. so i think you are free to release yourself as you please.
But if you don't schedule it in advance you may not have a place to do so.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #19
LaurenT
DIS Veteran

I did have one image in my head....
Instead of gathering my family's tickets and keeping them in my pocket to be the FP runner, I may find myself collecting and then marching through the park with a handful of bracelets to get FP+s from the kiosk...

Just me and the mouse! Nov 2014 POFQ
Mommy and Me trip! April 2015 offsite
The Whole Gang Aug 2015 AKL
LaurenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #20
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

I do find the argument that "oh you won't HAVE to use it" to be a little silly, ill bet people said that about FP but I challenge you to find more than a few people on this board who don't have to use normal FP to get certain rides.

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Squidgyness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #21
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenParr View Post
The problem with that plan (which does sound nice ) would be if the limits were tiered...so you would not be able to FP EE, Safari and Dinosaur in the same day. Concern is maybe only 2, or maybe only 1 headliner attraction per day.
Other problem: if you don't reserve early enough, the events desired may not be available, or the times for what is wanted may be far apart (EE at 9 am, and Safari right before close)
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #22
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNYC View Post
Looks like the Mayans were slightly off. Apparently, based on reading this board, the real end of the world will be the day that FP+ is actually implemented.

First, everyone is trying to parse the legal jargon written by Disney lawyers to cover themselves for most possibilities. We still really don't "know" most of how this will work other than that you will have the option to pre-book rides and experiences in some manner.
Do I have questions - yes? Mostly relating to AP and park hopping. I'm sure some things will benefit me and some things will disadvantage me and when I hear the details I'll figure out what works best for how I want to tour.
I love this. The OP makes a very convincing argument for everybody to take a collective breath, step back, and just wait and see what actually happens. Everybody agrees, this is wise.

And IMMEDIATELY start up all over again. Just can't resist. What if this? What if that? Will they this? Will they not that?

It will be what it will be and we won't know until Disney is good and ready to tell us. In the mean time people are getting themselves all twisted up in knots of speculation and the levels of anxiety are palpable. Too bad there isn't some form of online Xanax that could be handed out to the deserving masses.

I wonder if the boys in Vegas have a betting line on how soon the Magic+/My Experience system will crash the day the first park goes online.?
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM   #23
BelleBway
Spreading Sparkly Purple Pixie Dust

Not sure how many of you were online when Fastpass originally came out, but I seem to recall that there was much moaning from hard core fans about how that would ruin their park experience. But that turned out pretty well.

I'm willing to wait until more of FP+ is revealed (and possibly tweaked) to decide my opinion. We know more now than we did last week, but there are still many unanswered questions.
WDW: 1976, 1985, 1986: Offsite | 1990: Disney Inn/ Big Red Boat | 1992: CBR | 1995: Dixie Landings | 1996: Poly | 1997: Offsite | Apr 1998: BW | July 1998: ASMu | Dec 1998: BC/ Disney Magic | June 1999: ASMu/ Contemporary Tower | Dec 1999: WL/ Contemporary Tower | 2000: CBR/ POFQ/ CSR | 2003: Contemporary Tower | 2009: AKL with the nieces| 2011: Disney Dream/ GF with the nieces | 2013: Poly with the nieces | 2014: Pop

DLP: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000
TDR: 1993, 2002, 2005, 2012
HKDL: 2007, 2010, 2013
DL: a bunch of times I can't remember, 2000, 2010, 2011
BelleBway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #24
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Awful. Life is structured enough. Do we have to be that way on vacation too?
Yep. Especially, when it means i dont have to waste 45 minutes of my life waiting in line....
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #25
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDale79 View Post
We actually...Do schedule restroom breaks for the trip down.
I call them ARV's Average restroom visits.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #26
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
Not sure how many of you were online when Fastpass originally came out, but I seem to recall that there was much moaning from hard core fans about how that would ruin their park experience. But that turned out pretty well.

I'm willing to wait until more of FP+ is revealed (and possibly tweaked) to decide my opinion. We know more now than we did last week, but there are still many unanswered questions.
ALOT of folks have long term memory loss.....GREAT point.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #27
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Only time will tell. TDBIASWS.

Last edited by Kona65; 01-10-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Kona65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #28
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

And this is different from the five other FP+ thread how?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #29
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenT View Post
I did have one image in my head....
Instead of gathering my family's tickets and keeping them in my pocket to be the FP runner, I may find myself collecting and then marching through the park with a handful of bracelets to get FP+s from the kiosk...
Actually, the FP runner would just have to reach into his pocket and pull out his phone.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #30
Orsino
Mouseketeer

I think a good perspective on FP and FP+ is to remember that Disney is dealing with a zero-sum game here. The number of guests that Disney can cram through an attraction is fixed. FP+ is nothing like reducing a benefit or discount. All the worries and cries of disappointment are considering one point of view and not considering the other side of what happens when certain FP practices are taken away...
Everyone else benefits.

I benefit from there not being 100 people stockpiling TSM and Soarin' FP. You benefit from it too. By limiting FP+ to once per attraction per day, there is a real potential to make Standby a viable option. There is a real potential for TSM FP to last past 11AM. I don't know if that will actually happen, but the number of rides available for both is Fixed. Disney isn't (and can't) change capacity with FP+. Any changes to FP affect everyone, so something that "hurts" hurts everyone and therefore benefits you too.

I used to Stockpile FP (I have not yet been since the return time enforcement change). I was at a severe advantage over guests who did not, especially since the rules allowed a new FP when the window opened (not a flat 2hrs). I have so many FPs that I never even used!
Disney is absolutely right to stop me. Denying me all those extra FP means more capacity for someone else who could be you.
Orsino is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: