Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
hazel1975
Earning My Ears

Leaving in a week.. lots of questions!

I have been lurking for a couple of months now but have got so much info from these boards to help with my planning.

we leave on Jan 17th for 4 days and return on Sunday 20th. Staying at Sequoia Lodge and driving to Ashford (about 90 mins from us) to go on Eurostar.

Taking DS who is 10 (visited when he was 4 but doesnt remember much) and DD who is 4 (first visit) plus my mum who has paid for everything!

I am however confusing myself and losing track of some threads so my apologies if this info is elsewhere on the boards...
  • Does Jack Skellington and Sally only appear at Halloween?
  • I thought there was no Tinkerbell at DLP but seen pics of her in a parade - is she only in the parade and no chance of meeting her?
  • Those characters in the parade we wouldnt necessarily see in the park for autographs?
  • am making an autograph book but cant find a current list of typical characters we will see...
  • Have been watching weather like a hawk! now see that snow if forecast for the day we arrive... can we get away with wellies/trainers or do you think some sort of snow boot is needed?

I suspect there may be more questions in the next few days so apologies in advance!

Thanks so much!
Hazel
hazel1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Hello Hazel,

I'll give it a go at answering a few questions for you

• Does Jack Skellington and Sally only appear at Halloween?
- Halloween and this year Christmas - They have now gone

• I thought there was no Tinkerbell at DLP but seen pics of her in a parade - is she only in the parade and no chance of meeting her?
- Yes only in the parade right at the back - almost an after thought - and not always there. You also get Donald. No chance of meeting her

• Those characters in the parade we wouldnt necessarily see in the park for autographs?
- You wouldn't see them all out at meet and greets or walking about, some you can see at the character meals or in the Princess Pavillon for example, plus the characters in the mornings in the hotels and so on but they are the usual suspects not the rarer ones

• am making an autograph book but cant find a current list of typical characters we will see...
- There have been posts with lists I try and find one out for you

• Have been watching weather like a hawk! now see that snow if forecast for the day we arrive... can we get away with wellies/trainers or do you think some sort of snow boot is needed?
- I wear trainers or leather boots/shoes in the snow like 99% of people I know. Snow boots are for the mountains we say here but lots of UK vistors seem to wear them so why not. Wellies are just as good

I doubt it will snow that much tbh and between now and the 17th it might have already been and gone or planned for later. They have pbs getting the weather right for 48 hours so for a week away

Just checked on my local forecast, it says highs of 6° and lows of 2° with rain for the 17/1 so too warm to snow

Hth

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
tonijo
Mouseketeer

Hi Hazel,
we are going the same dates but are staying off site at the Dream Castle Hotel.Last time we stayed we booked a meal at Cafe Mickey and saw loads of characters there,and they didn,t make a quick exit as they did in the Parks,but to be honest i think i would have done the same as it gets really cold this time of the year!!
tonijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #4
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

there isn't a current list of characters you might meet at DLP, because there are random meet n greets there, which aren't published on the park programmes. There are "regulars" ie Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and increasingly Tigger and Eeyore, who you have a good chance of meeting. Buzz has his own meet n greet in the Studios, and if you visit the Princess Pavilion in the main park you'll meet a princess, but you won't know which one until you see her. On the current park programme Minnie has a meet n greet in Studios, and Winnie the Pooh, Duffy bear, and Mickey Mouse have meet n greets in the main park.

Elaine
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
hazel1975
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the advice. 4 sleeps to go!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #6
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Hope you have a great trip Hazel.
Were there particular characters you were hoping to meet? We've been lucky a few times in meeting groups of characters in Town square in the mornings or near the Monsters Inc scream academy in the afternoon

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
hazel1975
Earning My Ears

Well I know for sure Monsters inc would be on the cards and probably Woody and Buzz as they werent around last time we were there in 2006.
DD is a bit hit and miss with the princesses but her fave is snow white and she has recently got into Rapunzel but i think she is pretty elusive?
Minnie and micky... stitch?
Am going to make reservation for inventions on sunday which is hawaii so am hopeful for lilo and stitch there

now i know that tinkerbell is a definite no i shall steer clear of mentioning her too much!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #8
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

If the theme is Hawaii you'll be getting Lilo and Stitch

Vive la différence
Old 01-14-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
kizzabel
Eating poisonous apples since '86

Which is great because Stitch is also elusive! You could try asking in City Hall about your chances of seeing Snow White at the Princess Pavillion. And Mickey, Minnie and Buzz should be easy enough to find as they do meets and greets.

Previous Trips:
2010: Santa Fe - March ** Newport - May 2011: Cheyenne - March ** Sequoia Lodge - November 2012: Hotel New York - May - Honeymoon ** Dream Castle - October 2013: Hotel New York - January ** Santa Fe - October 2014: Disneyland Hotel - May

Upcoming Trips:
2014: Disneyland Hotel - November 2015 Kyriad/Newport - March
kizzabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzabel View Post
And Mickey, Minnie should be easy enough to find as they do meets and greets.
Plus you'll get them and Chip and Dale at the Brunch

Vive la différence

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: