Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
debbie1996
Earning My Ears

Broken Rides

I have to say after getting back yesterday from our first trip to Disney in 7 years, we were extremely disappointed in the lack of maintenance at the parks - especially MK. I think Disney's reputation for quality at this point is utterly undeserved. At MK practically the only ride that DIDN'T break was Space Mountain. Obviously Splash Mountain is down for refurbishment, so that was unavailable. But rides that broke: Buzz Lightyear (TWICE! while we were on the ride). BTMR one side went down while we were in line - essentially doubling the wait time. Haunted Mansion stopped for 10+ minutes while we were at the dining scene (somehow watching the characters appear and disappear over and over again, takes away some of the "haunted" magic), and those stupid cars between tomorrowland and fantasyland were a disaster - while we were waiting, no fewer than 3 cars died and had to be moved off the track. We even ended up stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean - it became a running joke on whether we'd make it through any ride at all without stopping.

And since I'm venting anyway - just a warning the food at BOG is awful!!!!! I think the kid's meatloaf would be nasty regardless, but cold is was utterly inedible. My non-picky eater was in tears as she was starving and truly could not eat her lunch. I didn't do much better - the "steak" sandwich was tough enough to be horse meat.
debbie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: