Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #661
moozle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea&Van View Post
Okay folks,

While we are patiently waiting for our phones to ring (yeah right) or when we need a break from chasing the FedEx drivers or manically checking our junk mail boxes...let's have a little fun.

WHEN (not IF, but WHEN) we do get those magical calls, emails or deliveries...wishful thinking goes a long way right...where would we go?

So, let's do this...
1) the World or the Land?
2) Resort?
3) Package (romance, character, etc.)?
4) Dates of travel?

Wasn't it one of the Oprah gurus who said if you send your request up into the universe it will happen (or something like that)...I'm sending, I'm sending...

Nice day dream to get us through another LONG day of waiting...

Good luck everyone!
1. The World!
2. Poly - I've always wanted to stay there. Even though we LOVE POFQ and always stay there, I'd definitely have to upgrade for this trip! We'd add a few days though and hop over to POFQ once we were paying on our own.
3. New Discoveries/Magic Makeovers. I honestly can't figure out why I would choose character instead - they both come with a character dining, they both come with room decor - the 2nd just also comes with makeovers.
4. December 2013! It's when we are planning on returning anyway :-)
Next up: December 2014, CSR
moozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #662
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

*I was originally thinking DL since I've never been there and the trip wasn't enough time for WDW (we're used to ten days), but then I read that the DW tickets can be upgraded. Is that true? If I could upgrade them to 7 or 8 day tickets that's what I'd do. Then we could just pay for 4 or 5 nights at a different resort (probably AoA or AKL).

1) the World or the Land? World (if tickets can be upgraded)

2) Resort? are there set options? I'd like to choose the Poly

3) Package (romance, character, etc.)? DD10 says Happy Happenings, I say Amazing Fun

4) Dates of travel? October

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #663
jcemom

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozle View Post
3. New Discoveries/Magic Makeovers. I honestly can't figure out why I would choose character instead - they both come with a character dining, they both come with room decor - the 2nd just also comes with makeovers.
I thought I remembered reading that the Magic Makeovers comes with room decor also, but it's not listed on the page where you fill out the entry. That's the one DD would choose if it came with the room decor.

NEW DISCOVERIES AND MAGIC MAKEOVERS
Get ready to be immersed in Disney magic from being a character to conquering evil villains! This vacation includes two Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Princess makeovers or two Pirates League experiences*, or one of each. Disney’s Family Magic Tour, a fun guided interactive quest to save the Magic Kingdom® Theme Park from a dastardly Disney Villain scheme, is also included. Plus you’ll share extra hugs and giggles at a Character Dining experience. This is a magical 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, along with special surprises and delights for big and little believers who wish be part of the magic.

CHARACTER CUDDLES AND HAPPY HAPPENINGS
If you believe in the magic of Disney, this is the vacation for you! You’ll be greeted with a welcoming in-room décor package, enjoy up-close cuddly encounters at a Disney Character dining experience and get special VIP viewing at a Disney Theme Park parade or show. This is a magical 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, with extra special magical surprises and delights.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 01-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #664
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Okay folks,

While we are patiently waiting for our phones to ring (yeah right) or when we need a break from chasing the FedEx drivers or manically checking our junk mail boxes...let's have a little fun.

WHEN (not IF, but WHEN) we do get those magical calls, emails or deliveries...wishful thinking goes a long way right...where would we go?

So, let's do this...
2) Resort?
4) Dates of travel?

Wasn't it one of the Oprah gurus who said if you send your request up into the universe it will happen (or something like that)...I'm sending, I'm sending...

Good luck everyone!
1. WDW
2. Wilderness Lodge or Contemporary, or really whatever they want to give me is just fine by me.
3. Happy Happenings
4. We are already planning to go in December 2013, so I would use this for that trip... Or October would be nice too!

Good luck everybody!!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #665
moozle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
I thought I remembered reading that the Magic Makeovers comes with room decor also, but it's not listed on the page where you fill out the entry. That's the one DD would choose if it came with the room decor.

NEW DISCOVERIES AND MAGIC MAKEOVERS
Get ready to be immersed in Disney magic from being a character to conquering evil villains! This vacation includes two Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Princess makeovers or two Pirates League experiences*, or one of each. Disney’s Family Magic Tour, a fun guided interactive quest to save the Magic Kingdom® Theme Park from a dastardly Disney Villain scheme, is also included. Plus you’ll share extra hugs and giggles at a Character Dining experience. This is a magical 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, along with special surprises and delights for big and little believers who wish be part of the magic.

CHARACTER CUDDLES AND HAPPY HAPPENINGS
If you believe in the magic of Disney, this is the vacation for you! You’ll be greeted with a welcoming in-room décor package, enjoy up-close cuddly encounters at a Disney Character dining experience and get special VIP viewing at a Disney Theme Park parade or show. This is a magical 5-day/4-night vacation for 4 that includes air transportation, hotel accommodations, Theme Park tickets, Disney’s PhotoPass® Service, $500 Disney Gift Card, a welcome basket, with extra special magical surprises and delights.
It's in the official rules. The 2nd just seems a better deal to me:

“Character Cuddles and Happy Happenings”. Includes:

One (1) Disney’sMagical Celebration “in room” décor, as chosen by Sponsor, in winner’s Walt Disney World® Resort hotel room [winner’s room only];
One (1) Disney Character Dining experience for four (4) persons, and
VIP viewing for one (1) Disney Theme Park parade or show for four (4) persons. Parade and/or show selection and date of experience is at the discretion of Disney. Based on availability. Restrictions apply.

“New Discoveries and Magic Makeovers”. Includes:

One (1) Disney’sMagical Celebration “in room” décor, as chosen by Sponsor, in winner’s Walt Disney World® Resort
hotel room [winner’s room only];
Up to two (2) Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique Princess Package makeovers (Guests ages 3 to 12 can choose from 3 hair styles—Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva and Pop Princess) or up to two (2) Pirates League experiences;
Disney’s Family Magic Tour for up to four (4) people, and
One (1) Disney Character Dining experience for four (4) persons.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #666
jcemom

Quote:
Thanks! Yes! It does seem like a better deal!

Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #667
disbride11
Earning My Ears

1) the World or the Land? Definitely DL, as we have never been
2) Resort? Grand Californian
3) Package (romance, character, etc.)? Romance
4) Dates of travel? This I'm not sure about... I don't know much about DL crowd levels, and because my husband is a teacher we can only ever travel at the worst times of year (summer and holidays/spring break). I guess I'll figure it out if (when!!) we win!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #668
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, let's do this...
2) Resort?
4) Dates of travel?
Hard to decide between DL and WDW because I love WDW and want to go back, but it would be nice to go to CA for the first time on someone else's dime. My best friend lives in Orlando which pulls me there.

If we went to WDW it would be...
2) Contemporary or Poly
3) Character for sure
4) Probably October some time, or early December, depends on when my friend has her kids (shared custody).

If we went to DL... I would let everyone on here plan my trip.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #669
BrerJared
Just a Dream Away...

Quote:
Okay folks,

So, let's do this...
2) Resort?
4) Dates of travel?

Good luck everyone!

1) World
2) Beach Club
3) Happy Happenings
4) May 20-27
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM   #670
chimilady
DIS Veteran

Quote:

“Character Cuddles and Happy Happenings”. Includes:

One (1) Disney’sMagical Celebration “in room” décor, as chosen by Sponsor, in winner’s Walt Disney World® Resort hotel room [winner’s room only];
One (1) Disney Character Dining experience for four (4) persons, and
VIP viewing for one (1) Disney Theme Park parade or show for four (4) persons. Parade and/or show selection and date of experience is at the discretion of Disney. Based on availability. Restrictions apply.

“New Discoveries and Magic Makeovers”. Includes:

One (1) Disney’sMagical Celebration “in room” décor, as chosen by Sponsor, in winner’s Walt Disney World® Resort
hotel room [winner’s room only];
Up to two (2) Bibiddi Bobiddi Boutique Princess Package makeovers (Guests ages 3 to 12 can choose from 3 hair styles—Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva and Pop Princess) or up to two (2) Pirates League experiences;
Disney’s Family Magic Tour for up to four (4) people, and
One (1) Disney Character Dining experience for four (4) persons.
This is why I like that deal. I really don't like the idea of my grirls wearing makeup, so BBB is out for us.
chimilady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #671
BrerJared
Just a Dream Away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by busymomof4kids View Post
Have you tried Sorcerer Radio? I have this app downloaded on my phone. Love it!!
AHHHH!!! This app is great!! Thank you for sharing!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #672
moozle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimilady View Post
This is why I like that deal. I really don't like the idea of my grirls wearing makeup, so BBB is out for us.
I understand that! Mine would probably choose the pirate experience actually.

I would have been sold on the fireworks viewing area too - but with the new fastpass + rollout, won't we all have that option anyway? Too soon to tell I guess.

Who am I kidding? I would happily take ANY of these packages!
Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #673
AshleyD1983
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrerJared View Post
Thank you so much for posting this! I've never even heard of D-Cot and I've always said they need to make a website to listen to music from the parks!!! How have I not known about this until now?!? I know what I'm listening to at work today!!1
I had never heard of D-Cot... I just signed up! Do they have an iPhone app??? I looked but couldn't find one?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #674
moozle
Mouseketeer

Another consideration - if, like last year, you just get a disney gift card in the amount of the cost of whatever you chose ... then I would just pick whatever was most expensive vs what we'd actually want to do.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:10 AM   #675
arbolita
DIS Veteran

1) Disneyland
2) Disneyland Hotel
3) Big Thrills Beyond the Theme Parks
4) Either the week before D23 Expo in August, or in mid-November (after the holiday decorations are put up, but before the crowds get too heavy)
June 1990 - Offsite * June 2008 - Offsite- Got Engaged! * September 2009 - CSR - Disneymoon * October 2010 - POP/POR * June 2011 - CBR * December 2011 - Offsite - Farewell to Jaws * February 2012 - One More Disney Day-Video Trip Report - ASMu * January 2013 - SSR Old, New & Long Lost Friends, w/ a Side of Frump! * August 2013 - Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland! * May 2014 - BLT/AKV * January 2015 - AKV * August 2015 - ? * October/November 2015 - Port Orleans

[B]August Trip Report: Puns, a Fun Run and 1901 - Our first trip to Disneyland!

Follow me on Twitter! @GertieTheDino89
arbolita is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: