Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
4 YOUNG kids
Earning My Ears

1st Trip as planner/adult/Mom, April 2013

Welcome to my FIRST disboards post - been stalking reading and compiling all this information for almost a year! I am 33 year-old Mom traveling with DH (34) and 4 YOUNG kids. DS (6), DS (4), DD (3) and DD (19 mo) - ages at trip. We are going to be traveling WITH my sister (32), BIL (32), nieces (6 & 3). I LOVE Disney although I have only been there once when I was in college. I literally cry each day I read the magical stories that are posted on this board. I cannot wait to share this experience with my children

We will be driving from WI - 25 hours!!! 9 plane tickets vs driving we just couldn't justify the cost. HOPEFULLY we will get to borrow a motor home. This will help with the potty-breaks and also allow for only 1 person having to drive of our 4 potential drivers

We are hoping to be at WDW April 14-19 (Sunday - Friday)!!

Resort has been the BIGGEST question for us. We are a little limited in options because of our family size but our options are: POR - connecting room OPTION with sister or AoA - family suite and Little Mermaid rooms in different buildings. Can't decide!!!

Here is our tentative schedule - we don't have resort or any ADR yet.
Sunday: arrive, downtown?

Monday: MK, Crystal Palace 8:25 & Be Our Guest supper, WISHES

Tuesday: Boardwalk for breakfast, walk to EPCOT, supper at Le Cellier or Rose and Crown

Wednesday: DHS, Hollywood & Vine breakfast, Brown Durby supper

Thursday: MK, CRT 8:15, WISHES from docks or somewhere OFF MK

Friday: Chef Mickey breakfast

Would love input!!! I am a mega-planner but really try to not over plan since we are traveling with YOUNG kids I know we need to be flexible. We won't be adding park-hoppers since I know we want to hit these 3 parks. If things aren't going well at one park it won't help us to go to another. At that point we will need to go back to our rooms and veg/nap/eat/something else other than a park.

So please feel free to give your suggestions!!!!
4 YOUNG kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: