Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #46
moozle
Mouseketeer

I agree that you'll hear every ride listed at least once. It's such a personal thing.

For me, I don't listen to most of the ride reviews on here because I disagree with most of them. My kids, my husband and I all really like Stitch. I honestly can't figure out for the life of me what exactly makes so many people dislike it. To each their own I guess!

We also love Jungle Cruise (I do cringe at the jokes, but it's still fun) and I would never in a million years step foot in MK and not ride IASW. It's part of the Disney experience to me and I love it.

I honestly can't think of anything I just flat out hate ... well, other than teacups. Put me on any upside down roller coaster, but spin me like that and I'm miserable.

We do usually skip astro orbiter - but only bc the line is nuts and my kids aren't huge fans of it.

I could also live without Captain EO. DH loves it though bc it reminds him of seeing it as a kid, so we do it anyway.

We usually skip Country Bear Jamboree. No one really liked it when I dragged them in there.

Oh, and we LOVE Figment. Love it. Yes, I saw the original as a kid and this one isn't as good. But it's still good.

I've also heard people who don't like the new LM ride. We loved that too.

I guess it depends on your expectations - I go to Disney to feel like a kid. So I love the kid rides and the more grown up ones.
Next up: December 2014, CSR
moozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #47
SarahC73
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
Agreed.

I don't know if that Narnia thing at DHS is still going, but that too is a huge waste of time (and valuable space).
Absolutely agree with the Narnia thing, came out completely baffled by this, just glad we didn't have queue for it!
SarahC73 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #48
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

I haven't seen this mentioned, but Dinosaur! is just an awful, awful ride. It's not even really scary, and all that happens is you're jerked around a lot to a lame storyline. Total waste of time.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #49
moozle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug74 View Post
It'll be our first time (2 boys, 9 and 12, and my wife and my dad), but based on what I've read here, I feel pretty comfortable skipping:

MK- Stitch, Jamboree, Pooh, Teacups, Small World, Speedway, Tom Sawyer Island, Laugh Floor, Liberty River Boat (Jungle Cruise IF and only IF we need a break), Carosel of Progress, Fantasyland (may go have a peak at Gaston's Tavern) will be dissapointed to miss Splash Mountain..

Epcot- Captain EO, Gran Fiesta Tour, American Adventure, Turtle Talk.

HS- Voyage of Little Mermaid, Honey I shrunk the Kids, Idol, Magic of Animation.

AK- Boneyard, Whirl, Spin, Camp Minney Mickey, Rafiki Planet Watch, will be dissapointed to miss Kali Rapids.

This should free us up considerably..
I wouldn't skip stuff just based on what you're hearing here. Try it all if the waits aren't awful and decide for yourself. I think skipping IASW and Carousel of Progress would be awful personally. Would really put a damper on my whole trip to miss either of those.

I also think Voyage of the Little mermaid is great at HS! And don't skip One Man's Dream - we love learning all about Walt and do it every trip.
Next up: December 2014, CSR
moozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #50
RedHeadedFairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozle View Post
I wouldn't skip stuff just based on what you're hearing here. Try it all if the waits aren't awful and decide for yourself. I think skipping IASW and Carousel of Progress would be awful personally. Would really put a damper on my whole trip to miss either of those.

I also think Voyage of the Little mermaid is great at HS! And don't skip One Man's Dream - we love learning all about Walt and do it every trip.
I totally agree, especially for first-timers! Turtle Talk is a riot & the kids always like it even though they have outgrown the characters/movies. Rafiki's Planet Watch has some great educational stuff that my animal loving DD LOVES! Plus, the train ride there & back provide a few nice catch-your-breath minutes.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #51
DisneyFan2013
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrampShopper
Disney couldn't pay me to ever waste my time on Stich's Great Escape again. Did it on my 1st trip and didn't enjoy it at all.
All these bad reviews for Stitch kind of make me want to try it out.

I wouldn't advise anyone to skip anything without knowing much about you, but I personally did not enjoy the following:

Space Mountain- I like roller coasters but this one was way too jerky for me.

Buzz Lightyear- Probably fun for kids but there weren't any in my group.

Astro Orbiter- Boring.

Tomorrowland Speedway- Boring and the overwhelming gas fumes during the entire ride were not pleasant.
DisneyFan2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #52
peyjax
DIS Veteran

Fantasmic! Took me 4 visits to finally see it.

After seeing DL version. DW version is lame! It is crowded and takes up so much time. Once was enough for me.
peyjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:02 AM   #53
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyjax
Fantasmic!

After seeing DL version. DW version is lame! It is crowded and takes up so much time. Once was enough for me.
DL's version is far superior

We skip Astro Orbiter and Stitch. We rode AO with each child when they were little and still see it as a value for the younger visitors, now we don't bother, but Stitch.... Disney should get rid of it. Blah. Much preferred the original attraction.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #54
starjazz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moozle View Post
I guess it depends on your expectations - I go to Disney to feel like a kid. So I love the kid rides and the more grown up ones.
I'm with you. I like all the old rides too, because I remember them as a kid - Bears, IASW, Tiki, Swiss Fam, EO, etc.

I think a lot of people that don't go in those, didn't go in when they were little either, so there's no nostalgia there. Or maybe they did, and had a bad experience...
starjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #55
starjazz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
DL's version is far superior
Is that the deal with Fantasmic? I keep hearing how people hate it at DW, and I've never seen it there, but it was almost life changing for me at DL it was so cool, so I've always wondered wth?
starjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #56
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by starjazz

Is that the deal with Fantasmic? I keep hearing how people hate it at DW, and I've never seen it there, but it was almost life changing for me at DL it was so cool, so I've always wondered wth?
I personally think its the location of the show. The backdrop is Tom Sawyer Island. It's open and makes the scale of the show seem bigger IMO.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #57
Carol97
Mouseketeer

Looks like that you are skipping alot of rides for a trip that cost so much money to do and go on these rides. Some people are listing alot of rides that I would just never skip out on!! I would strongly suggest that you go on youtube and google each ride that you are unsure of, watch a few minute segment then determine if it's your thing or not. I do this with alot of the rides, especially ones I think might be to dark or scary for my little kids. Good luck!! and Enjoy!!!

Carol97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #58
W.E.D.
Haunted Mansion junkie

I think its sort of personal preference, isn't it? Some rides we don't like, but you might really enjoy. We do many attractions that are often listed as boring or lame on the DIS, but that's just us. I agree with PPs. Try to do some research and come to your own conclusions. I'd hate for you to miss something you might truly enjoy merely based on our opinions.

But, yeah, you should skip Stitch.
...hurry back......hurry back......be sure to bring your death certificate.
W.E.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #59
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Stitch

Mission Space

Tiki Room
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #60
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug74 View Post
It'll be our first time (2 boys, 9 and 12, and my wife and my dad), but based on what I've read here, I feel pretty comfortable skipping:

MK- Stitch, Jamboree, Pooh, Teacups, Small World, Speedway, Tom Sawyer Island, Laugh Floor, Liberty River Boat (Jungle Cruise IF and only IF we need a break), Carosel of Progress, Fantasyland (may go have a peak at Gaston's Tavern) will be dissapointed to miss Splash Mountain..

Epcot- Captain EO, Gran Fiesta Tour, American Adventure, Turtle Talk.

HS- Voyage of Little Mermaid, Honey I shrunk the Kids, Idol, Magic of Animation.

AK- Boneyard, Whirl, Spin, Camp Minney Mickey, Rafiki Planet Watch, will be dissapointed to miss Kali Rapids.

This should free us up considerably..
To be your first time, you sure are skipping a lot of rides
North of Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: