Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #691
skypixy
Mouseketeer
 
skypixy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 193

I am hooked! Subscribed to your trip report because the photos are simply lovely. Just off our 8 night Magic cruise & I love revisiting with your pictures. Thank you for sharing!
__________________



Me DH DS14 DS10

Skypixy
skypixy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #692
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectmatch300 View Post
Glad to hear Skip's surgery went well. My life has really been better since I had mine done. Same bone on bone situation. Hope his recovery goes well.
Really enjoying your TR. Looking forward to reading the rest. Then I have to go read your other one!
He's doing pretty good. He came home today and he has been out to the barn twice now. He is moving around so much faster. They told him not only was he bone on bone, but he had a nerve pinched in there too. He is still in pain from the surgery, but he says it's much better than the pain beforehand. He had a new procedure done. They don't cut any muscle to get in there so the recovery is twice as fast. Knock on wood al lgoes well

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypixy View Post
I am hooked! Subscribed to your trip report because the photos are simply lovely. Just off our 8 night Magic cruise & I love revisiting with your pictures. Thank you for sharing!
Thanks for joining in. I hope to get another update today. Life has been so busy lately that it's hard to take the extra time to write.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #693
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30,525

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
He's doing pretty good. He came home today and he has been out to the barn twice now.
LOL, why am I not surprised? I'd take that over someone who wanted to coop up and be waited on though. Or wait, is that part still coming?
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #694
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
LOL, why am I not surprised? I'd take that over someone who wanted to coop up and be waited on though. Or wait, is that part still coming?
LOL. He's not too bad. He just sits out there and watches tv and chats with anyone around, but it's fine with me.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #695
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,351

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
LOL. He's not too bad. He just sits out there and watches tv and chats with anyone around, but it's fine with me.
That makes me laugh, but really that's good! I hate to hear of people who lay down and don't do anything they are suppose to.
We just had a extended family member get her knee done, and refused therapy. Wouldn't do what the DR said, and now can't bend the knee and is blaming the DR. She also stayed at her son's house (is still there!!!) and is treating the DIL so crappy.

Hopefully he heals quickly and is in a great mood and wants to plan a nice vacation to somewhere.........
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #696
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
That makes me laugh, but really that's good! I hate to hear of people who lay down and don't do anything they are suppose to.
We just had a extended family member get her knee done, and refused therapy. Wouldn't do what the DR said, and now can't bend the knee and is blaming the DR. She also stayed at her son's house (is still there!!!) and is treating the DIL so crappy.

Hopefully he heals quickly and is in a great mood and wants to plan a nice vacation to somewhere.........
Oh, I'm not saying he is doing what he is supposed to do. But he is moving around and thy actually want him to move around. He put his onw socks on today and was so proud, but also said it in a way like, "where were you when I wanted my socks on"....but now i know he can do that too.

I am already thinking of plans of some sort to possibly try to get him there this year yet. But I am thinking Dec. But anything could change at any point. No plans at all.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #697
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

We kept walking around the plaza area and taking pictures.



I found the dolphin swim area, and it was TINY. I felt bad for the dolphins, because they had very little room in there to actually swim around and play.





We watched this a bit and I walked around and tried to get some coast shots.





Our ship!







I looked up and out of my camera and noticed I was standing next to a couple of military guys. They didnít say anything, but I almost felt like they were watching me and making sure I didnít go too far out.

I moved a little further away. Lisa said she watching to be sure I didnít get in trouble. LOL

Our ship!





We walked a little ways in the other direction and took some more shots.





A look back towards the shops.



Trying to get artsy again.







And then we headed back towards the main plaza area.



Stopping for a quick shot!





These were neat.







jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #698
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

There is our beautiful Ship again.





And then I spotted it.



Hair braiding!
Now I have mentioned before that I like this. I have had it done in the past on some trips and I love how easy it is to take care of the hair and also I like the look. I know its not for everyone, but for me, it is so fun.

So I approached the lady and asked a price. She was working on 3 little girls at that point and they were so cute. I think she quoted me $25 or $30, I cant remember now. Ok, the price wasnt bad, but I want less. They always tell you higher than what they will take.

I kind of quietly asked the Mom of the 3 girls what price she was getting it done for. She seemed to hem haw around and not want to tell me, but eventually she did, and I think it was $35 for all 3 girls. OK, I got room to work. So I told the lady that I if she could do it for 15, I would get it done &&.Deal!

While we waited, these guys walked by..



Then it was time to pick a bead color out.
Lisa took pictures of me holding different colors to my head.



We kept laughing, because we couldnt make up our minds. I would ask her for suggestions, and she would be convinced on one and then change her mind, and I was doing the same thing. I ended up with that blue color.

Lisa took quite a few shots of me while they did it.










While I was getting braided, this guy walked by and Lisa took a couple shots.









All Done!



I was a happy camper then!
Before we headed back to the ship, I had one other thing I wanted to do. I wanted to look for the pyramid that was on the map they left in our room. So we went in search of it.
WELL, this is on the outside of the gated area and we were too scared to go out there, so we just took pictures from inside.







While I was standing there taking pictures, I kept saying my back felt wet. It was really weird, but I just knew somehow I got wet. So I took off my backpack and sure enough, I was wet. I carry a bottle of hand sanitizer on my backpack and the lid had twisted off and it leaked all over my backside. And it was green. Who knew this stuff would stain, but I now know it does.
Oh well, I took the bottle off and there was still a little left and I just put it upright in a pocket in the backpack, and we headed back into the plaza.
Wouldnt you know, we barely got very far and there was the lid sitting on the ground. We couldnt believe I actually found it.

Going back towards the ship now, we did a little more browsing/shopping. I cant even remember what we ended up buying this day. I remember a maraca for Claire, a magnet for me, and a few other trinkets. I mightve gotten Claire a T-shirt here too.









As we walked back, I was lagging pretty far behind Lisa. I was trying to get a few more coastline pictures.



jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #699
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase
 
dolphingirl47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 28,071

I am glad that you managed to get your hair braided and that you managed to negotiate a good price. I used to have my hair done every cruise on the ship, but I could not get it done on our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2011 as we had our vow renewal as soon as we got off the ship and for some reason I have not done it since.

When I saw the dolphin facility at Costa Maya from a distance, I was quite shocked as it looked so small. I was even more shocked when I saw on your photo that it is a Dolphin Discoveries facility. I have been to their facility at Cozumel twice now and that is amazing.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #700
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 25,964

Your pictures are, as always, beautiful! I had looked at them on Facebook but I like the size of them on the Dis better.

Your hair looks so cute braided. Makes your pink stand out evern more. Oh and good for you getting a better price than they first told you. I've heard that you never pay the first price they give you.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #701
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting
 
JKSWonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 1,745

The hair turned out cute!
__________________
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #702
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,104

We were in Dayton and Troy, Ohio...so not very close to use. Hope ended up sick and in the hospital on New Years Eve and then I got it and then so did my husband. Its nice to be back home and feeling back to normal.

I think the unplanned encounters with characters were my favorite part of the cruise.

We went out to the pyramid thingy and its not quite as big as it looks from far away.

Its amazing how good of a deal you can get it you know how low they will go!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #703
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,737

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I am glad that you managed to get your hair braided and that you managed to negotiate a good price. I used to have my hair done every cruise on the ship, but I could not get it done on our Mexican Riviera cruise in 2011 as we had our vow renewal as soon as we got off the ship and for some reason I have not done it since.

When I saw the dolphin facility at Costa Maya from a distance, I was quite shocked as it looked so small. I was even more shocked when I saw on your photo that it is a Dolphin Discoveries facility. I have been to their facility at Cozumel twice now and that is amazing.

Corinna
It was shockingly small.
I'm a fan of the hair braiding. We wanted to get Claire's done on our last cruise, but it just never worked out time wise. She did love my hair when I came home though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Your pictures are, as always, beautiful! I had looked at them on Facebook but I like the size of them on the Dis better.

Your hair looks so cute braided. Makes your pink stand out evern more. Oh and good for you getting a better price than they first told you. I've heard that you never pay the first price they give you.
Thanks! I wasn't about to pay more than I had to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
The hair turned out cute!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
We were in Dayton and Troy, Ohio...so not very close to use. Hope ended up sick and in the hospital on New Years Eve and then I got it and then so did my husband. Its nice to be back home and feeling back to normal.

I think the unplanned encounters with characters were my favorite part of the cruise.

We went out to the pyramid thingy and its not quite as big as it looks from far away.

Its amazing how good of a deal you can get it you know how low they will go!
Oh NO!!!
I hope you are all on the road to recovery now.

So is this just a touristy thing, the pyramid, or does it have a story to it?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #704
vleeth
I heart Disney
 
vleeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,104

[/QUOTE]

Oh NO!!!
I hope you are all on the road to recovery now.

So is this just a touristy thing, the pyramid, or does it have a story to it?[/QUOTE]

We're all better!

I think its touristy...but I'm not sure...there wasn't any information about it anywhere.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #705
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Wicket's Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,014

vleeth, you were very close to my part of Ohio. Sorry to hear your family was sick on vacation.

Our son & DIL lived in Lafayette, La for 5 years. I loved that state so much. Those drive thru Daquari places were da bomb!
__________________
wicket's mom WDW-1975 thru 1985 offsite, stayed FW in '86
CSR '02, CB'06, CSR '09, CBR '11, AKL '12, AKL '13
Fast Passes, We Don't Need No Stinkin' Fast Passes
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: