Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #32
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

YAY! Too bad I'm a day late (and always a $ short).

Great video - that song was perfect! LOVE the boys!

I'm pretty curious about this amazing chocolate now. Can't wait to hear...

Hi Jo!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 PM   #33
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

So glad you're doing another TR! I'm in!
Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #34
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I figured it out!! All by myself! I don't know why it didn't wok the first time.
Awesome video, Shelly!! What great memories!!
What did you do to get it to work? When I click on it, it opens a new tab in chrome and takes me to the mobile site and won't play anything.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #35
lala3291
DIS Veteran

I love your video! I just watched it and it looks like you all had such a wonderful time! Can't wait to read all about it.
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #36
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I figured it out!! All by myself! I don't know why it didn't wok the first time.
Awesome video, Shelly!! What great memories!!
YAY!! I'm glad you figured it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thornton0511 View Post
Clicky pics with video behind them....yes ma'am this is too awesome! Loved the video and FYI your family is precious
Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleKait View Post
Hi Shelly! I'm a major lurker but just wanted to let you know I always enjoy your trip reports. I'm looking forward to this one!
Hey Kait! Haven't seen you around here in awhile. Hope all is well with you. You should post more!! Glad you enjoy the reports!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #37
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Here!!! No time to read but I'll be back this weekend!!
Hey Amy! Thanks for stopping by, we'll see you soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
YAY! Too bad I'm a day late (and always a $ short).

Great video - that song was perfect! LOVE the boys!

I'm pretty curious about this amazing chocolate now. Can't wait to hear...

Hi Jo!
Hey Sheree! Glad you're here. You're not that late!! Glad you enjoyed the video and hope you enjoy the rest of the TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkyCheeks View Post
So glad you're doing another TR! I'm in!
Thanks for joining in!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #38
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
What did you do to get it to work? When I click on it, it opens a new tab in chrome and takes me to the mobile site and won't play anything.
Hmm...that's weird. Not sure what could be going on there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
I love your video! I just watched it and it looks like you all had such a wonderful time! Can't wait to read all about it.
Thanks Lauren! Glad you got it to work with no technical difficulties!

We did have a fabulous time! Lots of reports, reviews, and pics to come!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #39
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Day 1 – Sunday December 9th

So it was finally here, Sunday Dec 9. We hadn't left on a Sunday since our very first trip many years ago. And I probably won't do that again! Friday and Saturday took forever!! We had a 7am flight out of Pittsburgh. So we were up at 3:30, left the house around 4:20, got to the off-site parking lot at 5:15, and to the airport around 5:30.

Wasn't sure what to expect at the airport at that hour, but it wasn't too bad. We breezed through security in no time and were to our gate.

Boarding started early and our flight left on time! And in less than 2 hours we were to Orlando! We jumped off the plane, made a quick stop for some very over-priced Mtn. Dew for me, and then made our way down to ME. We went right through an empty line and up to the rope at the front. In less than 5 minutes a CM came over and led us to a waiting bus. It was about half full and about 2 other families boarded after us and we were on our way. The driver informed us that the bus would be making 4 stops and the GF would be last.

We first stopped at the WL and we were in and out of there in no time! Then it was onto the CR. Where it took forever. There was a traffic jam as soon as we pulled in there. (We found this to be the case there all week on the buses) It took several minutes to even get to the bus stop to let people off. Ten minutes or more I would guess. Then we finally got to the ME stop and the people all unloaded, slowly it seemed like! Then more traffic on the way out. Crazy!

While we were sitting at the CR stopped we noticed a car sitting there that said Turner Drugs Delivery. We made note of this number just in-case. DS11 had strep the week before we left and was still on an anti-biotic for it. We were very afraid DS13 was going to get it when we were on vacation. So our pediatrician here told us to find a drug store at WDW that they could call something into if DS13 got sick. Little did we know, this number would come in handy 2X during this trip...

So during all of our ME stops Jodi (JoBird) and I were texting back & forth, she had arrived at the GF the night before. Her and her family were up and ready to head out to DTD for an early lunch because they had early dinner ADR's later. I had expected to be at the GF by now, but with all the stops it was taking longer than expected. So they were waiting on us at the front entrance of the GF so we could all say hi before they headed off to DTD and we got checked in and headed off to AK.

Our final ME stop before the GF was the Poly. Thankfully it didn't take too long! And then we were finally at the GF!! I'm not even sure what time it was.....10:30 maybe?

Our bus pulled up and we saw Jodi and family standing there!

We jumped off the bus, grabbed our bags, and headed over. We were greeted by a CM on the way. She asked for our name and we walked towards the main building with her. While she was looking up our ressie we said quick hello's to Jodi and family before they headed out to DTD. While we were doing that the CM came back over and told us that our room was not ready, so we would need to store our luggage with Bell services. It was very warm and humid and we were in jeans, so I told her that since our room was not ready we were going to need to change our clothes before heading out to AK. She kind of looked at me strange like no one had ever made that request before and there was an awkward pause.....So I said – where would be a good place for us to go change? We were now standing at the front of the building. Jodi leans over to me and reminds me to ask if my room requests have been granted and tells me that they are going to take off. So we say our good-byes to them. The CM tells us that there is a changing room right around the corner and points to the right side of the building. So I thought maybe there was some kind of restroom/changing room on the outside of that side of the building. So I quickly grab us each a pair of shorts out of our bags and we head back. We are walking along a sidewalk with a fence running along side of it. Apparently looking confused. Pretty soon she comes walking behind us and points out by the pool. Here she meant the changing rooms out by the beach pool! Had I known that's what she meant I probably would have just went into the restrooms by 1900 PF.

So after all that, we put our extra clothes we had changed out of into the luggage and Bell services took it and our CM walked us through the lobby and to the SL building.

When we got there she sat us at a table in the lounge while she headed over to check us in with the CM at the desk. I asked her if our room requests had been noted, assuming they had been since they were noted on my ressie when I made it, plus had been confirmed with IPO via email. But she couldn't see them anywhere. So I told them that I had requested an upper floor, daybed, and Marina view (since the other side of the building's view was into the courtyard pool construction zone). She said they would do their best. They gave us our packet and room keys and told us they would text us our room number when it was ready.

So by now we were all starving! And unfortunately the lounge had stopped serving breakfast by now and it was going to be another 20 minutes or so before the 11:30-2 Refreshment offerings. So we decided to just chill a little bit and wait it out. Pop and lemonade and other beverages are always out, so we got some drinks and waited. Pretty soon they started to bring snacks out and we got something to eat and then headed out to the bus stop to go to AK for a bit.

Heading out to the bus stop ~

There is a new TV screen hanging up at the bus stop telling you the time the next bus will arrive for each park. It's really pretty neat. Except that the time changes as you are sitting there. I suppose it's going off of the GPS on the bus and if there is traffic or a wheelchair to load or any other hold up, the time will change accordingly.

Up Next: Animal Kingdom

Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #40
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Yikes! What a hassle checking in was for you. I'm not sure why she didn't understand why you needed to change? Hello?

I love those screens! How convenient when you are waiting for a bus. Very neat!

Great start! I cannot wait to read more. If you are interested, I just started my TR this morning. The link is in my signature.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 01-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #41
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Check in sounds like it was quite the hassle! We had a similar issue when we checked into GF and stayed in SL in November. Our room was not ready yet, and we wanted to change. Luckily, we were able to change in the restrooms by 1900 PF. Unfortunately, breakfast was still going on, so that whole area was crazy and the restroom was full of people (it is small to begin with.) I think that SL definitely needs its own changing/restroom area in its lobby!

I think those screens at the bus stop are great too! Even though the times change often on them, at least you are able to get a pretty good idea of when the bus is going to get there.

Can't wait to read more about you and Jodi meeting up! I'm sure you gals had a blast!
March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #42
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Okay for this I WAS involved and let me tell you...

It was confusing to me and I wasn't even trying to be involved. I just wanted to say Hi and let ya'll do your thing.

Everyone was standing around looking at the lady and she was looking at you and us and the sheet and holy cow it was like, um, hello!?! Do your job that I know you can do. She acted as if you had requested a circus to come rolling thru with a band playing to give you a great big welcome or something when all you wanted was a place to change.

That's when I said okay we are outta here. Figured you might get further without the confusion of us yapping.

Whew. I'm so sorry that your arrival wasn't as wonderful as it should have been. It was bad enough that it took forever to get there, with all the stops on the bus. Grumble grumble don't get me started.

Okay, whelp I'm looking forward to hearing about your time in AK.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #43
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Yikes! What a hassle checking in was for you. I'm not sure why she didn't understand why you needed to change? Hello?

I love those screens! How convenient when you are waiting for a bus. Very neat!

Great start! I cannot wait to read more. If you are interested, I just started my TR this morning. The link is in my signature.
Yeah, it was weird to say the least. Not sure why it was such a strange request.

Those screens are pretty neat! I bet all the resorts will get them before too long.

Oh yes, I am very interested in your TR!! Be right over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Check in sounds like it was quite the hassle! We had a similar issue when we checked into GF and stayed in SL in November. Our room was not ready yet, and we wanted to change. Luckily, we were able to change in the restrooms by 1900 PF. Unfortunately, breakfast was still going on, so that whole area was crazy and the restroom was full of people (it is small to begin with.) I think that SL definitely needs its own changing/restroom area in its lobby!

I think those screens at the bus stop are great too! Even though the times change often on them, at least you are able to get a pretty good idea of when the bus is going to get there.

Can't wait to read more about you and Jodi meeting up! I'm sure you gals had a blast!
That is strange that you had a similar issue. You would think that the CM's there would have a plan for this and not act like you are asking something out of the ordinary.

Yeah, even if the times are changing it is nice to have an idea when your bus is coming and not be sitting there without a clue!

Lots more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
It was confusing to me and I wasn't even trying to be involved. I just wanted to say Hi and let ya'll do your thing.

Everyone was standing around looking at the lady and she was looking at you and us and the sheet and holy cow it was like, um, hello!?! Do your job that I know you can do. She acted as if you had requested a circus to come rolling thru with a band playing to give you a great big welcome or something when all you wanted was a place to change.

That's when I said okay we are outta here. Figured you might get further without the confusion of us yapping.

Whew. I'm so sorry that your arrival wasn't as wonderful as it should have been. It was bad enough that it took forever to get there, with all the stops on the bus. Grumble grumble don't get me started.

Okay, whelp I'm looking forward to hearing about your time in AK.

I know -- awkward!! All I wanted to do was change into shorts!!

But no, it really didn't get much less confusing once you left.

Yeah, don't even get me started on the buses this trip. I just don't get it. The buses at the moderate are not like that at all. Not even close. So you pay more and get less.... I sure don't get it...

Lots of AK to come!
Old 01-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #44
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Well, that was sort of a PITA now, wasn't it?

I hope things improved with the service there!

Okay, I didn't copy the picture - but on the food table there is some tan things in a bowl with sticks? It is by the bowls of chips and pretzels. KWIM? What is that?
Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #45
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Well, that was sort of a PITA now, wasn't it?

I hope things improved with the service there!

Okay, I didn't copy the picture - but on the food table there is some tan things in a bowl with sticks? It is by the bowls of chips and pretzels. KWIM? What is that?

It sure was!

I forget what those things were called (maybe Jodi will know), but they were like a hard bread or cracker type thing. Didn't really have too much taste...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: