Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #11
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicPie View Post
As for AK... how much time should I set aside for that? Also, if I start out there, I don't know hitch dinner day works best for going to AK. Which is the closest park?
Time spent at AK is dependent on each family's idea of 'fun'. I know people that think 4 hrs at AK is more than enough..others spend the entire day there, and go back later on in their trip!! I like to break my AK time up into two trips of about 4-5 hrs each. For the first timer, I would think that if you get there for rope drop you could plan on staying until mid-afternoon.
Getting to another park is fairly easy. Buses will take you to the TTC, where you can then ferry or monorail to the MK. And buses will get you to Epcot and DHS as well. Plan on it taking about an hour total (ride time plus wait times).

Have you considered going to DQ on your first day, since you're arriving in the afternoon??? That might work out a bit better. Then, you will have that last full day for some park fun if you want.

Try not to park hop too much. It is time consuming, and can be confusing to those who aren't familiar with the system.

I'm confused by what you mean by ESPN....at Boardwalk, there is a restuarant that is called the ESPN Club, with a gift shop and small arcade attached. Then, there is the ESPN Complex, across from the Pop Century area...that houses playing fields and such. Many competitions happen there as well as team practices for pro and semi-pro teams. Which is it that your dh is looking for??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: