Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
hops&dreams
DIS Veteran

Desiree - oh, sign up for a race! Races are SO fun! I LOVE them because there are usually so many people to keep encouraging you. The volunteers are usually so cheerful, and the spectators really keep you psyched. Most of the time, I hate running, but then I do a race, and remember how fun it can be. I tend to get caught up in the excitement. I hope to someday do a RunDisney race. You'll find out quickly that there are good races and bad ones. A good race has a good course, an organized team that's running it, and great sponsors, which means good freebies! :-) While I don't run races only for the freebies, I do enjoy them. My favorite is Wine at the Line - (at a local winery in the early fall). Thy give you a shirt, hat or gloves, and a wine glass (filled at the finish line!) :-)

Oh Mom - That Fitbit sounds awesome - lightyears ahead of my pedometer. I'd be curious to see your activity on a normal day vs a day at WDW. I've always wondered how much more we actually walk at WDW. Last year, I wore my pedometer, and it tracked that we walked between 6-11 miles every day. (the 11 mile day was our Epcot day)

Goofy Figment - Welcome! Jump on in :-)

I totally needed this thread today - thank you all for being so inspiring! Confession time : my last workout was on Sunday!!! Work's been killer and I've been staying later, which is my normal time to sneak in my workout. I had company right after work on Tues. Last night, I didn't get home until after 8:20 after running errands for Girl Scouts after a late night at work. I'm totally a stellar mom - I didn't feed her dinner until after her normal bedtime. Tonight, we have our meeting.

But after reading all your hard work, you've made me realize I need to do it too! Next week, I will start waking up early to work out, so I can get it done and out of the way before work. Does this count as a new resolution?

on a brighter note, I am keeping up with logging my food, and staying under calories. I've been resisting temptations to do the easy thing and eat fast food or order out. I've been cooking and bringing my lunches and snacks. At least I'm sticking with one part of my cliche resolution... but we're only 10 days in. I still have plenty of time to break that one too!

Jan 2010 - Wilderness Lodge. OUR PERFECT TRIP!
Feb 2012 - Wilderness Lodge. Terrific escape from the SuperBowl!

hops&dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: