Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 AM   #16
GoofyDisneyDaddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
I don't see them offering this to people who don't book packages. We book resort only and then use our 10-day single day tickets for several years. Also, not everyone has a "smart" phone. Would they really exclude those of us who aren't willing to pay to have data plans from getting FPs? If so, guess I am glad that my kids are getting older and will be able to understand when I tell them why we won't be returning to WDW often.
They have said this will be available for everyone, and those staying offsite can buy a wristband. Either way, all new tickets will be RFID equiped (like DCL KTTW cards). If you don't have a smart phone there will be kiosks throughout the park. I'm quite curious to see how they address people booking fastpass+ who are staying offsite, as there seems to be little way of confirming that person even has travel plans to be in the WDW area. But, I suppose this is the same issue with dining reservations, so its not an entirely new problem.

Please don't misunderstand me supplying this information with me in any way thinking this is a wise move by Disney -- specifically, TDO. And, by the way, the true motives for Disney doing all of this is datamining -- with the new RFID tickets and bands, they know where everyone is at every second, what that person saw, bought, ate, etc. They have invested about $2 billion in this boondoggle, and expect to get their return on targeted advertising. IMO - that $2 billion should have been invested in attractions, like Universal is doing and like Disneyland is doing. I don't think you will be the only one who sees this project as a huge deterrent. But, I have really digressed.
GoofyDisneyDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: