Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #1771
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds4angels View Post
Surprised at all the PA people here on the Dis.

So how quick do we need to get the the "it rides" since we're going to be there on 3 days? Will Buzz really be 50 minute wait an hour in? Do I need to rush to get to TSM in DHS?
I am a former NEPA-er!

Today went by super quick for me! 23 days to go!!!
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:41 AM   #1772
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908

The unofficial guide says that Super Bowl Sunday is one of the least crowded days of the year, so totally take advantage of it!
I second that! Come join us at magic kingdom while we frolic unencumbered by football fans! I figure it could be busy in afternoon, but have plan to take hubby monorail riding during afternoon. In early, ride the mountains and Peter Pan, then some quick line favorites like pirates and haunted mansion, then monorail monorail monorail, lunch at contemporary cafe quick serve as DH has always been fascinated by building with monorail going though and never seen it, then back to the park during the game.

Lost my last vague interest in Super Bowl once the Internet made the Budweiser Clydesdale commercials available online!

Also, the dance competition kids will be having special event at HS, so figure they won't be at MK.

Katie
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 AM   #1773
browerjs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post
I second that! Come join us at magic kingdom while we frolic unencumbered by football fans! I figure it could be busy in afternoon, but have plan to take hubby monorail riding during afternoon. In early, ride the mountains and Peter Pan, then some quick line favorites like pirates and haunted mansion, then monorail monorail monorail, lunch at contemporary cafe quick serve as DH has always been fascinated by building with monorail going though and never seen it, then back to the park during the game.

Lost my last vague interest in Super Bowl once the Internet made the Budweiser Clydesdale commercials available online!

Also, the dance competition kids will be having special event at HS, so figure they won't be at MK.

Katie
I'm a huge football fan, but will be skipping watching the superbowl this year, as it's my first trip to WDW with the family.

Our original plans were to be at AK on Superbowl Sunday, but we also have Dessert Buffet ADRs for Wishes in the MK that night. So now I'm reconsidering and thinking we might just go to the MK on Sun & Mon (for the MVP parade)... I just don't know if I want to do MK on back to back days (and possibly not make it back)... We do have a park hopper, so we will have maximum flexibility... What to do, What to do
browerjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #1774
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Just chiming in....I'm also from Northeast PA (Wyoming County!) I guess there ARE a lot of us, must be we all feel the same way about Pennsylvania weather in February!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:43 AM   #1775
moopdog
Dreaming of Disney....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
Sundays at MK can be busy, but I don't think it will be real bad. I think a lot of locals will stay home and watch the Super Bowl.
Hmmm, that sort of makes me re-think my plan. We are supposed to be in Epcot that day. But I'm thinking that we might want to take advantage of MK on the "least busiest day of the year"? Well, on second thought maybe we'll be able to do Soarin' and Test Track all day long! My kids two favorite rides in the World!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #1776
artemis908
EPCOTnaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotesweat View Post

Katie
oh no! We planned to be at DHS that day Boooo
artemis908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 AM   #1777
MrToad1345
Mouseketeer

Woo Hoo! I love doing stuff just because. Had a miserable day at work last Friday and I decided that I needed a Disney fix. Booked a trip for 2/23-2/28!! Wife is now bought in, but originally thought it was ridiculous. We're going in April a well. I know, but I decided that everyone needs this right now. Great discount on room with Annual Pass discount and flying the whole family down from New England for under $400!! The stars are aligned. 44 days to go!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #1778
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

29 days!!

Last edited by ErinsMommy; 01-10-2013 at 10:31 AM.
ErinsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #1779
luckycharliegirl
Mouseketeer

Mr Toad, love your signature! and love reading about spur of the moment trips! We've been planning for 12 months now! well i needed lots of extra time to convince DH to go to Disney for our Anniversary.
23 days to go/13 days til 10 day weather forecast.
luckycharliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #1780
Ds4angels
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrToad1345 View Post
Woo Hoo! I love doing stuff just because. Had a miserable day at work last Friday and I decided that I needed a Disney fix. Booked a trip for 2/23-2/28!! Wife is now bought in, but originally thought it was ridiculous. We're going in April a well. I know, but I decided that everyone needs this right now. Great discount on room with Annual Pass discount and flying the whole family down from New England for under $400!! The stars are aligned. 44 days to go!!
That's awesome!!!! We book our Feb trip in December, we thought we were last minute
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #1781
mollyjean99
Earning My Ears

has anyone used undercover tourist?

I am thinking of buying my tickets through undercover tourist. Has anyone used them? Pros/cons? It is a considerable discount for the 6 day park hopper tickets.
mollyjean99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #1782
GinChicago
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyjean99
I am thinking of buying my tickets through undercover tourist. Has anyone used them? Pros/cons? It is a considerable discount for the 6 day park hopper tickets.
I bout mine through UT with no worries. The Unofficial Guide to WDW lists them as a legitimate reseller.
GinChicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #1783
cubsblue
Everything's Ducky

We have used UT and got good service but unless things have changed Priceline actually has the best price on tickets right now. That is where we got ours for this trip.
cubsblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #1784
Coyotesweat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis908

oh no! We planned to be at DHS that day Boooo
Remember they will be competing all day so will not be in park when competing. I gather the party they are having sun night is at HS but after closing, since it costs extra and doesn't use a park ticket for the day. I got the info from their web page http://ipaperus.ipaperus.com/Varsity...TCbook2013UDA/

I doubt they will have any major effect on anyone not staying at all-stars or cb that weekend.

Katie
Coyotesweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #1785
MrToad1345
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyjean99
We used them last year and they were fantastic!! Subscribe to Mousesavers. One, for great info and deals, but you'll also get a special link to UT which can give more of a discount at times.

Tags
disney world planning, february 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: