Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #1
KorbensMomma
Mouseketeer

Price of umbrella stroller

Can someone please check the price of an umbrella stroller in the park. Also can a 6 month old baby use an umbrella stroller. I do not have children but may be traveling with friends that have a baby.

Thanks
KorbensMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
4HppyCamprs
DIS Veteran

A 6 month old is a bit little for a cheap umbrella stroller. At that age they really need a 5 point harness type. The cheap umbrella strollers typically only have the three point waist belt. Also at they age they will need/want one with the recline feature. The baby will just slump over especially when sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
09 ASMu 1st Visit! Grandma came too! Free dining 2010 POR 2nd Visit! Grandma is along for the ride! Free dining! 03/05-09/2012 POLY here we come!! We love Disney and Grandma does too! No dining plan and we loved it! DoubleTree DTD: 3/10-3/15/13 The whole gang! Best Trip yet! First Cruise: 1/6-1/10/14 Disney Magic. 2nd Cruise: 1/9-1/15/15 Disney Wonder.
Me: Heather DH: DS #1 (11/04) DS #2 (2/09) DD (08/11)
4HppyCamprs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
angelmom27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4HppyCamprs
A 6 month old is a bit little for a cheap umbrella stroller. At that age they really need a 5 point harness type. The cheap umbrella strollers typically only have the three point waist belt. Also at they age they will need/want one with the recline feature. The baby will just slump over especially when sleeping.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I agree. At that age you need a nice recline. For the cost of buying an umbrella stroller at the park you can get a graco ipo. It is an umbrella but reclines and has a 5 pt harness. We love it and it will last a long time too. It holds up to 55 lbs. I use it sometimes for our 5 yr old and it works great. Has nice big wheels not the little cheap ones like others have.

I believe someone asked before and they said it cost $54.95 for the one at the parks.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
2binak
DVC Owner

If you can find one (they've been discontinued to make room for a newer model) I highly recommend a Britax Blink. We have one and it's a great stroller! The seatback is one of the highest on the market for umbrella strollers and the leg rest is very long too which is nice for times when the baby needs to lay down. The carry strap is a nice feature too.

11/90 Offsite, 11/97 PO, 5/99 DL, 1/00 CS, 1/04 PC, 12/05 SSR, 5/07 AKL, 10/08 SSR, 5/09 POFQ, 11/09 AKV Kidani, 11/10 AKV Kidani, 10/11 BWV, 10/12 BWV, 11/13 AKV Kidani, 5/14 BLT, 11/14 SSR
2binak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
comichelle51
Earning My Ears

First years Ignite stroller is inexpensive and great for parks and buses. I used with my 4.5 month old. It has 5 point harness, recline, basket, sunshade, and taller handles so taller adults don't kick it. It also steers well for an umbrella stroller. I got mine for $40 from Walmart.
comichelle51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #6
Habbott
Earning My Ears

I love my britax blink. It's what we will be taking with us for our 2.5 yr old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2binak View Post
If you can find one (they've been discontinued to make room for a newer model) I highly recommend a Britax Blink. We have one and it's a great stroller! The seatback is one of the highest on the market for umbrella strollers and the leg rest is very long too which is nice for times when the baby needs to lay down. The carry strap is a nice feature too.
Habbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
englishteacha
I've just gotten crazier over the years I've taught!

We have a Jeep stroller from Walmart that was $45ish when we got it. (it's this one) It has a tray, a small basket underneath, and reclines nicely. It doesn't have a 5 point harness, but when Z was littler we just kept it reclined (we had a Snuzzler thing in it to help her stay put). She used it even at 6 weeks, with the snuzzler. We thought we'd need a different stroller but we tried it and she was very secure and comfy...she fell right asleep in it! It folds almost flat, and opens with one hand (as long as you remember to unhook the lock!). I don't know about the prices of the strollers in the parks, but on our last trip to DTD in 2011, my husband and I both commented that the strollers seemed decent and I remember they were under $50 at the time. We wondered why anyone would rent a hard plastic stroller when they could buy one for so much cheaper, and it looked SO much more comfy than the park rentals!

Wonderful trip to Universal, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens, and to see the shuttle launch: February 2011
Walt Disney World: June 2010, August 2007 (1 commando day), June 2006, June 2002
Chasing Roller Coasters: August 2007, 2005, 2004, 2002
englishteacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
KorbensMomma
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the help we are going to order a lightweight stroller that reclines from walmart and have it and a box of diapers shipped to Pop Century.
KorbensMomma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: