Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 01:02 AM   #181
clarefb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Mom

Requested to join!! (Lori Hansen-Kieta)
You are in! Yes my page has my last 2 wonder cruise pics in too in case anyone wanted to get more excited than they are now!

clarefb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #182
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Officially started to plan this cruise now. Last night I watched a couple of travelogues downloadable from Amazon on Vancouver and cruising Alaska. I've got a lot of ideas about things to see in the Vancouver area. The Cruising Alaska one was just so-so.
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #183
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsnydaddy View Post
Officially started to plan this cruise now. Last night I watched a couple of travelogues downloadable from Amazon on Vancouver and cruising Alaska. I've got a lot of ideas about things to see in the Vancouver area. The Cruising Alaska one was just so-so.
Links, please!

What is everyone bringing as far as rain gear is concerned? Would love a North Face rain shell of some sort that will zip into/over my fleece for layering, but not sure I want to drop $100+ on a rain jacket. Would love some specific recs...
Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #184
JeannieBlueEyes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie Mouse View Post
Links, please!

What is everyone bringing as far as rain gear is concerned? Would love a North Face rain shell of some sort that will zip into/over my fleece for layering, but not sure I want to drop $100+ on a rain jacket. Would love some specific recs...

My husband & I are bringing rain jackets. I'm hoping they will fit over our fleece jackets. Think I took that into consideration when purchasing My son has a North Face rain/fleece jacket.
JeannieBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #185
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

It is official...we are booked on this cruise! I remember catching a glimpse of a private board. I'll share additional information once I get added there. I'll look for that shortly if it's something I can request access to. Here's our travelling band of crazies...

My immediate household from Arkansas:
Me - Jill
DH
DD (5)
Niece (14)
My mother (61)

The additional tag-alongs from Kansas...
Nephews (15, 10)
Niece (9)

So I learned while onboard last week that the PIF date changes to 120 days out since it's an international port. Does our excursion booking window change?
Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014
Disney Fantasy - June/July 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Wonder - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
Dream - November 2015
racingfandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #186
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfandj View Post
It is official...we are booked on this cruise! I remember catching a glimpse of a private board. I'll share additional information once I get added there. I'll look for that shortly if it's something I can request access to. Here's our travelling band of crazies...

Me - Jill
DH
DD (5)
Niece (14)
My mother (61)

Nephews (15, 10)
Niece (9)

So I learned while onboard last week that the PIF date changes to 120 days out since it's an international port. Does our excursion booking window change?
Hello and welcome!! I'll add you to the roll call and PM you details about our website. We also just started a Facebook group this week, so you can ask for an invite to that if you want. Let me know if you also want in on the FE

As far as excursion booking, from what I can see online it's the same as usual (I can book 90 days out). I've been paid up for a couple of months, as we were originally going to do Alaska in 2012, but then pushed it back a year.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #187
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Welcome Jill! I did not know that about the PIF! Luckily, I'm nearly paid off, so I should have no problem. I'm gold so my booking window opens at 105 days and I had planned to pay off early.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #188
Dancin Mom
Mousin' Around

Smile

Welcome!! I just booked a week ago myself! We're excited! This is our second Disney cruise and we loved the last one! We're coming from California; there are just 3 of us but we're trying to convince more family to take the plunge!
Lori

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfandj View Post

Me - Jill
DH
DD (5)
Niece (14)
My mother (61)

Nephews (15, 10)
Niece (9)

Wonder: Thanksgiving week, Mexican Riviera, 2011
Wonder: July 1-8, 2013, Alaska
Fantasy: July 12-18, 2014, Eastern Caribbean
and countless visits to Disneyland ;-)
Dancin Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #189
emum
An old salt re-living her youth through Disney

Thanks for setting up the FB group. I've sent a request to join. I don't have any Disney cruise photos on my page, but there are a couple of Aulani snaps somewhere on there !

I'm *still* pontificating on the best way / time to do an arrival / departure into Vancouver - whether to fly direct from LAX, or to fly into Seattle, and take the train up.

As for excursions, we're going to only do the White Pass Railway through DCL. Other ports we'll do our own thing. I've been reading Trip reports for ideas.

Welcome to our other cruisers - we should all have a blast.

Oh, final note - forgot who asked, but we're first seating for dinner - worked well for us last time. A little bummed that "our" server has moved to the Fantasy, though

Cheers,
Sally
A Month of Disney - completed 2010/11 ....Part 1 - GCH CL 12/25 - 12/29; Part 2 - BWI CL 12/29 - 1/6; Part 3 - Disney Wonder Panama Canal Repo Cruise 1/6 - 1/21; April 2012 - 20th Wedding Anniversary - 4 nights Waikiki, 4 nights Waikoloa (Big Island), and 9 nights Aulani

DVC Members at Aulani since January 2011
July 2013 - Disneyland and Alaska Disney Wonder cruise booked
December 2014 / January 2015 - Undecided, but will do something before DD1 heads off to university

emum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #190
clarefb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emum
Thanks for setting up the FB group. I've sent a request to join. I don't have any Disney cruise photos on my page, but there are a couple of Aulani snaps somewhere on there !

I'm *still* pontificating on the best way / time to do an arrival / departure into Vancouver - whether to fly direct from LAX, or to fly into Seattle, and take the train up.

As for excursions, we're going to only do the White Pass Railway through DCL. Other ports we'll do our own thing. I've been reading Trip reports for ideas.

Welcome to our other cruisers - we should all have a blast.

Oh, final note - forgot who asked, but we're first seating for dinner - worked well for us last time. A little bummed that "our" server has moved to the Fantasy, though

Cheers,
Sally
You are added Sally! Yes I think a few of us are contemplating that trip from lax - Seattle. I really need to make up my mind soon

clarefb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #191
JeannieBlueEyes
Earning My Ears

My husband(Dusty) has requested to join the FB page.
JeannieBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #192
Alaska2013
Just Keep Swimming

Smile Very new to cruising but very excited

Hi - my family is from the Sacramento area and we are super excited about going on our first Disney Cruise.
DW (me) - Kathy
DH - Rich
DD - (12)
DD - (9)
Would love to join the facebook page. How do I find it?
We want to go whale watching and go on a dog sledding adventure.
Looking forward to a fun 4th of July also on the ship. Do you think they will have an extra celebration that night?
Thanks,
Kathy
Alaska2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #193
Alaska2013
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by emum View Post
Hi All,

Just a quick post to say "Hi" We're booked on this one, and fingers crossed it will come to fruition. Nothing is set in stone until the flights are booked, tho', so hopefully around late July I'll know for sure. Four of us will be flying on frequent flyer points, so I hope I can get the dates we're after.

We'll be a family of 6, with DH, myself, DD1, who will be days away from 16yo, DS aged 12, DD2, who will be a month shy of 11, and DD3 who will be 8.

We've booked the same two NV cabins that we had on the Panama Cruise last year, and I can't wait to start planning in earnest the other bits and bobs we'll get up to. I haven't yet worked out a firm itinerary, other than a week in Anaheim (fingers crossed again for the VGC), then a few days in Vancouver before the cruise. We can take up to three weeks to travel. Wondering if it's worth factoring anywhere else on the West Coast. San Francisco, maybe ?

Looking forward to posting more.

Cheers,
Sally

Hi Sally -
I just joined the forum and am reading your post. Alcatraz is a great tour. We went on a stormy, rainy day and it was still awesome. We heard that the night tour is the best. My only suggestion is that you get your tickets a couple weeks ahead of time. We went over winter break and ordered them a week before. We just picked our tickets up at Pier 33 but the ticket agent said that on holidays it is important to get them ahead of time. Hope you have a wonderful time on the West Coast and look forward to meeting you on the cruise.
Take care,
Kathy
Old 01-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #194
Mackie Mouse
Even my dog loves Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska2013 View Post
Hi - my family is from the Sacramento area and we are super excited about going on our first Disney Cruise.
DW (me) - Kathy
DH - Rich
DD - (12)
DD - (9)
Would love to join the facebook page. How do I find it?
We want to go whale watching and go on a dog sledding adventure.
Looking forward to a fun 4th of July also on the ship. Do you think they will have an extra celebration that night?
Thanks,
Kathy
Adding you to our official roll call! PM me if you also want access to our private website, which has all the FE information on it and some other stuff.

My understanding is that there won't be fireworks (due to all the wildlife), but there will be some extra decorations and some fun costuming for the characters. I'm hoping for a special menu at dinner that night or something.

Personally birthday is July 5, so that's clearly the more important holiday for me anyway
Old 01-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #195
Alaska2013
Just Keep Swimming

PM is kind of annoying

Weird. The website won't let me PM until I've made 10 posts. I'm sure that will happen soon, but we do want to be part of the FE, and I'd love the password to the website.

Safe to put our last name on the FE Holder? I'm going to make/order a 4 pocket one. Do people typically give one gift to all participants?

Thanks for all the information so far on the thread. Makes me want to road trip to DL soon. I'm also trying to be good and safe $ for the excursions.

Kathy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: