Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #226
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Stop - Speculation Time! *hammer dance*

Seriously, no more speculation:

Info dump direct from Disney, watch the video in the article:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/priva...fid-wristbands

3 per day, Resort guests not given additional or priority. Ability to give more as the crowds/day dictates, but 3 is the norm. "We believe this should be a benefit to everyone, so everyone will have the same access" - info from Executive VP on the project, speaking directly to camera/reporter. "In Wide Use This Spring."
That video is intentionally misleading. It made it appear that everyone would get 3 FP+ and could use them for whatever you want. It also made it look like people would be given their 3 FP+ for whatever rides they want, and they would also be able to book preferred seating for parades and fireworks and meet and greets (in addition to the 3 FP+ for rides). AND the additional surprises throughout the day will obviously be for those A, B, C type ride and attractions.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #227
mummabear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
That video is intentionally misleading. It made it appear that everyone would get 3 FP+ and could use them for whatever you want. It also made it look like people would be given their 3 FP+ for whatever rides they want, and they would also be able to book preferred seating for parades and fireworks and meet and greets (in addition to the 3 FP+ for rides). AND the additional surprises throughout the day will obviously be for those A, B, C type ride and attractions.
I don't think its misleading although I am curious that the question the interviewer asked is will high end resort guests get benefits (or something to that effect) as opposed to on site vs off site. Which he answered everyone will have the same access they do now.

I'm not sure why people are worked up over being able to use them for meet and greats/parades, I think its great and if you dont then just use your FP+ for rides no skin off your nose in fact it may benefit you that I will be
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #228
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummabear View Post
I don't think its misleading although I am curious that the question the interviewer asked is will high end resort guests get benefits (or something to that effect) as opposed to on site vs off site. Which he answered everyone will have the same access they do now.

I'm not sure why people are worked up over being able to use them for meet and greats/parades, I think its great and if you dont then just use your FP+ for rides no skin off your nose in fact it may benefit you that I will be
I am not sure what worked up means. This is all fascinating to me, I am not losing any sleep over it. My point was, it sounded like the new FP+ system would allow customers to tour like they used to, AND get three Advanced FP for rides, AND be able to schedule in advance for preferred seating at parades and fireworks, AND go to meet and greets, AND (although not on this video) order QS meals in advance.

A more accurate and less than thrilling version would be: You get three FP+ a day. Customers can decide to use those THREE FP+ on rides OR preferred seating at a parade or fireworks show, OR meet and Greets, or order a QS meal. Any three of those. But only in one park. And you won't be able to double up on any of those experiences.

I hope the First version is the correct one. The one with the ANDs.

Last edited by bcrook; 01-09-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #229
3happydancers
DIS Veteran

In general, I was wondering how all of this affects those who do not have smart phones so will not have access to the apps.

2006, '07, '08 POFQ
2009 Saratoga Springs/POFQ
2010 Animal Kingdom Kidani Village
3happydancers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #230
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3happydancers View Post
In general, I was wondering how all of this affects those who do not have smart phones so will not have access to the apps.
Less of the blitz of advertising coming directly to you via your phone. But there will be kiosks in the parks to check, update, and add attraction reservations.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #231
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Less of the blitz of advertising coming directly to you via your phone. But there will be kiosks in the parks to check, update, and add attraction reservations.
Now they can wait in line to make an appointment to wait in line.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #232
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

So I guess the benefit is to those staying onsite due to being able to book 60 days in advance. Yes, those offsite get 3 per day also but will have to schedule the day of at the kiosks. By then, all the headliner FP's will be gone.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #233
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom
So I guess the benefit is to those staying onsite due to being able to book 60 days in advance. Yes, those offsite get 3 per day also but will have to schedule the day of at the kiosks. By then, all the headliner FP's will be gone.
I think it said everyone can book 60 bays in advance.... Just have to put in ticket information.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #234
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz View Post
I think it said everyone can book 60 bays in advance.... Just have to put in ticket information.
That is what it sounded like to me too.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:09 PM   #235
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

cause it's funny...

Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #236
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

I agree, Jennasis...and nice visual! It pretty much sums up my opinion of this change.

It seriously baffles me how they think this is going to be a popular move. The deal killer is the no FP in other parks for the hoppers among us.

Not to mention, I can't help but think this will cause issues for a bunch of Dads. I find myself reflecting back to when my Dad was all cool and all when he took us to Disney World in 1972. Dad, are we really going to the Wonderful World of Disney? That place on TV we all watch together on Sunday evenings? WOOHOO!

Long story short........it cost Mom and Dad $7 total for admission, while my brother and I burdened them with another $1 for the each of us. What do you mean we can't ride all of the rides, Dad? But we can see them.....what do you mean we can't ride them?

Huh? You mean the 12 adventure ticket would have cost you an extra $5 more than the 7 adventure ticket for the entire family and you jipped us?? Pfffft. I'm still disappointed with my Dad to this day....just sayin. I guess I see a similar scenario reinventing itself.

But he did buy us cool $2 hats to make up for it...

Edited to add: feel free to add as many zeros to my numbers above as you feel appropriate for today's (or Disney's ridiculous) inflation rate

At least they gave SDMT a 25 day head start...

Last edited by Mad Hattered; 01-10-2013 at 12:26 AM.
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #237
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz View Post
And the military people have to buy their tickets at SOG in alot of cases. So how do they get their ticket numbers? Actually, we are they. We'll be getting our military tickets at SOG when we get there. But I'm thinking since we are staying DVC we'll be able to use those ressies? I don't know.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:56 PM   #238
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
I agree, Jennasis...and nice visual! It pretty much sums up my opinion of this change.

It seriously baffles me how they think this is going to be a popular move. The deal killer is the no FP in other parks for the hoppers among us.

Not to mention, I can't help but think this will cause issues for a bunch of Dads. I find myself reflecting back to when my Dad was all cool and all when he took us to Disney World in 1972. Dad, are we really going to the Wonderful World of Disney? That place on TV we all watch together on Sunday evenings? WOOHOO!

Long story short........it cost Mom and Dad $7 total for admission, while my brother and I burdened them with another $1 for the each of us. What do you mean we can't ride all of the rides, Dad? But we can see them.....what do you mean we can't ride them?

Huh? You mean the 12 ticket adventure would have cost you an extra $5 more than the 7 ticket adventure for the entire family and you jipped us?? Pfffft. I'm still disappointed with my Dad to this day....just sayin. I guess I am saying that I see a similar scenario reinventing itself.

But he did by us cool $2 hats to make up for it...

And thus you are Mad Hattered! couldn't resist.

Love the old family pic - classic.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #239
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
And thus you are Mad Hattered! couldn't resist.

Love the old family pic - classic.
Touch'e and thank you, Magic.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #240
Mad Hattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Personally, who are you?!? Nevermind, I really don't care. This is probably one of the strangest and creepiest post's I have ever encountered on these boards.

~Anyway, here's a newsflash, you don't have to read my posts!!! If you don't like my posts, don't read them!!! I don't read yours! Don't waste another dendrite on attempting to process anything I write! Also, you don't know a darn thing about me.

~In no way, do I feel "everyone" is picking on me. I go don't around stalking posters and jumping in the middle of things that don't concern me -- then run and cry to the mods!!! I get along with the majority of the posters on this board & 99% of the time I'm having fun.

~I don't give a flip what you or anyone else thinks. Since you are "sick & tired" there is an ignore button, I suggest you use it because later on -- I'm going to make sure to post in just about every thread on this board, and I don't want to make you any "sicker" than what you already are!!! LOL.
Luckily, I still have a few neurons firing on all cylinders...

Last edited by Mad Hattered; 01-10-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: