Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 08:53 AM   #16
rewhitingjr
Living the Disney Dream
 
rewhitingjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Converse, TX
Posts: 197

Magic is in great shape!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
I listened to the podcast this week where John and Kevin did the review on the Magic and they have made me a little scared. I hope the ship does not look as bad I pictured it from their review. They did say it was going to dry dock soon so maybe they will fix all of the "big" issues...
Soon is relative. I've read September 2013 for its next dry dock. Either way, it should be lovely.[/QUOTE]

I just returned from weekend cruise out of New York on Magic (August 10-12). The cruise and the ship were great! Only wear I noticed was on my verandah railing (paint chip and signs of rust) as well as missing red paint on smoke stacks. Everything else was ship shape!
rewhitingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
rewhitingjr
Living the Disney Dream
 
rewhitingjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Converse, TX
Posts: 197

Fish Extender

Quote:
Originally Posted by exmli03 View Post
What is the FE? I would be interested. I have read a little about them but not sure of all of the ins and outs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmli03 View Post
Does anyone have any pictures of FE's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Ooo. We're in!

Fish Extender is a fun Disney cruise experience. The Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang their Fish Extender outside their cabin during the cruise and then exchange gifts with others throughout the cruise.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

FE gift ideas
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1774643

Handmade Gift Ideas:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639


It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or storebought.

I'm just getting us started and organized, so if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, please post! I will be getting a new thread started to keep our FE list and thoughts separate from this thread. As soon as the new thread is active, I will let you know via a post on this thread.

Last edited by rewhitingjr; 08-20-2012 at 02:47 PM.
rewhitingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,870

Hey everyone!
I got some new info about Galveston based DCL cruises next spring,

Thread where I first got this info:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2978896

Heads up, the 8 nights next spring are swapping to a Key West, Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral (WDW!!!!)

So I called up DCL and got them to move us to April 26, 2013 as all the 8 night cruises seem to be not able to be modified on the website for the minute and all show as full (they aren't they've just locked them down so they can move everyone around today.

So...um, sorry, but I'm bailing for an 8 night.
I'm taking the kids to DISNEY WORLD!

now to keep it a secret for nine months.
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #19
rewhitingjr
Living the Disney Dream
 
rewhitingjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Converse, TX
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisecrasher View Post
Hey everyone!
I got some new info about Galveston based DCL cruises next spring,

Thread where I first got this info:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2978896

Heads up, the 8 nights next spring are swapping to a Key West, Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral (WDW!!!!)

So I called up DCL and got them to move us to April 26, 2013 as all the 8 night cruises seem to be not able to be modified on the website for the minute and all show as full (they aren't they've just locked them down so they can move everyone around today.

So...um, sorry, but I'm bailing for an 8 night.
I'm taking the kids to DISNEY WORLD!

now to keep it a secret for nine months.
Happy you get to go to CC. We are not planning to change as my Mom and Dad are in their late eighties and would not be able to enjoy CC / WDW (Mom needs a wheelchair). We probably will not even get off the ship at Cayman and Cozumel - just relax and enjoy the Magic for six days.

This past June, I did a Castaway Cay back to back on the Dream with my grandkids and their families - also spent two days in WDW with them.

Be sure to keep this thread active for those staying on the May 4 cruise.

Thanks.
rewhitingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #20
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran
 
cruisecrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,870

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewhitingjr

Happy you get to go to CC. We are not planning to change as my Mom and Dad are in their late eighties and would not be able to enjoy CC / WDW (Mom needs a wheelchair). We probably will not even get off the ship at Cayman and Cozumel - just relax and enjoy the Magic for six days.

This past June, I did a Castaway Cay back to back on the Dream with my grandkids and their families - also spent two days in WDW with them.

Be sure to keep this thread active for those staying on the May 4 cruise.

Thanks.
I wouldn't dream of closing it!
Have a lovely cruise y'all!
__________________
Lorelei (Lori); DH, Ben/KetchAggie; DS7, Chris (gluten); DD5, Kylee(dairy)
My Trip Reports can be found on my blog:
Adventures in the Great Wide Somewhere (My Blog on all things DCL, Food Allergy and Pixie Dust Related)
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #21
Rtcounts
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewhitingjr View Post
Anybody up for FE? I'll be glad to administer it. Let me know.
New to FE..... How does it work??
Rtcounts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #22
rewhitingjr
Living the Disney Dream
 
rewhitingjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Converse, TX
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtcounts View Post
New to FE..... How does it work??
Here is a thread with some basic info about FE:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1219607

FE gift ideas
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1774643

Handmade Gift Ideas:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1980639

Loads of fun. Great DCL cruise experience.
rewhitingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #23
Rtcounts
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 11

It sounds fun. I think we'll participate. Is there anyway of knowing a rough guess of how many people participate?? I have a few gifts in mind. Just kinda confused............... Information overload maybe.........
Rtcounts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
syrumani
Earning My Ears
 
syrumani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 65

I haven't booked yet . . . waiting until I have the 20% to put down . . . but I did ask for this week off from work, so at least that part is finished!

I have never been on a Disney cruise before, but my sister has been on a couple. This will be the first real vacation our family has taken, and I am really excited!

There will be 4 of us - DH and I, then DS(9) and DD(6) . . .

Nichole
__________________
syrumani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #25
syrumani
Earning My Ears
 
syrumani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 65

It's official! The deposit has already been debited from my acct!

I will be traveling with Martin (DH), Russell (9) and Sydney (6).
__________________
syrumani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #26
syrumani
Earning My Ears
 
syrumani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 65

In case y'all visit FB more often than you do here, I created us a FB page, so we can meet and chat there as well . . . if you're interested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/465837196791995/
__________________
syrumani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #27
rewhitingjr
Living the Disney Dream
 
rewhitingjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Converse, TX
Posts: 197

Just made my final payment. Already reserved parking space in Galveston port.

Mom went to heaven on December 4 last year so it will be just Dad and I on this cruise.

Very excited to introduce Dad to Disney cruising - he has cruised with other companies but never DCL.
It will also be good Father / Son quality time.

We plan to Snuba and visit Stingray City in Cayman, kayak and snorkel in Cozumel, and brunch and dinner at Palos.

Only 3 months, 3 weeks and 4 days to go! Is everybody getting excited? Who is up for FE?
rewhitingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #28
syrumani
Earning My Ears
 
syrumani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewhitingjr View Post
Just made my final payment. Already reserved parking space in Galveston port.

Mom went to heaven on December 4 last year so it will be just Dad and I on this cruise.

Very excited to introduce Dad to Disney cruising - he has cruised with other companies but never DCL.
It will also be good Father / Son quality time.

We plan to Snuba and visit Stingray City in Cayman, kayak and snorkel in Cozumel, and brunch and dinner at Palos.

Only 3 months, 3 weeks and 4 days to go! Is everybody getting excited? Who is up for FE?

You are so on the ball! I, on the other hand, am going to pay the balance at the last possible moment! I haven't even looked into excursions yet!

One reason I am putting off paying in full is because my husband thinks he may get transferred to North Carolina. We should definitely know by the time final payment is due . . . So, come May 4, I will either be in Galveston or NC. If we do move, we will have to reschedule for something later out of PC.
__________________
syrumani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #29
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.
 
carmie3377's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland
Posts: 3,844

WooHoo! Just booked this cruise for hubby and me! Never cruised w/out the kids but they will be less than 2 months out of a Fantasy birthday cruise so they will survive :-). We had some DVC points banked that needed to be used up and since I won't rent them out, we're just gonna use them on this cruise. We are super excited!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
Carmen DH Jarrod DD14 Haley DS7 Cameron Cinder Ellie Sandy Frodo Waggins
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 AM   #30
rewhitingjr
Living the Disney Dream
 
rewhitingjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Converse, TX
Posts: 197

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrumani View Post
You are so on the ball! I, on the other hand, am going to pay the balance at the last possible moment! I haven't even looked into excursions yet!

One reason I am putting off paying in full is because my husband thinks he may get transferred to North Carolina. We should definitely know by the time final payment is due . . . So, come May 4, I will either be in Galveston or NC. If we do move, we will have to reschedule for something later out of PC.
I have a nephew who is stationed at Fort Bragg living with his family. They enjoy it.

If you decide to stay with us and sail on May 4th, let me know if you want to participate in FE.

Good luck!
rewhitingjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
may 4th 2013



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.