Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #3616
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Also, does AKV have it's own QS or do I have to walk back over to the other part of the resort? Or a shop selling breakfast items?

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Old 01-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #3617
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
I have to do it that way. The only way I can stay sane..
My dd6 is already asking if we can start packing. We leave in 36 days. I just realized last night I have to go through and look for clothes for ds3, I don't think his shorts from summer will fit him anymore....Ahh, this age is great, they wear things once and it doesn't fit anymore I like to pack way far in advance, but then I just end up repacking the day before because I forget what I packed...So silly!

Ok, so I have to buy zebra domes with alcohol, let them get to room temp, then have someone take a picture of me eating them, and post it here...Got it!

I am not a water slide person, but DH is...Is it true it will be open Feb 9? No big deal either way, just curious. I am just so happy the jacuzzi will be open...I REALLY missed that when I stayed at GF in october

One more thing...Is face painting every day? My dd6 goes crazy for face painting!!! She would love love love it! But I don't want to mention it, I think I will keep it as a surprise just in case!

Last edited by jillmc40; 01-09-2013 at 09:49 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #3618
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

This trip will be our first at AKL, but we have had breakfast at BOMA before. Can you get the jungle juice stuff anywhere outside of Boma or do you have to eat breakfast there?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #3619
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonademouth
This trip will be our first at AKL, but we have had breakfast at BOMA before. Can you get the jungle juice stuff anywhere outside of Boma or do you have to eat breakfast there?
Frunch?
I think only at Boma, but someone wiser than me will be along with a for sure answer.

What I DO know is that you can get it at Boma at dinner, too. : We had both juice and soda with dinner.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #3620
Lemonademouth
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu

Frunch?
I think only at Boma, but someone wiser than me will be along with a for sure answer.

What I DO know is that you can get it at Boma at dinner, too. : We had both juice and soda with dinner.

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards
I appreciate it!!! Guess we may have to do an oop meal at Boma, I love that juice!!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #3621
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

This reminds me...Is there anyway to get a press pot of coffee "to go"? Or is there any where to get a good cup of coffee so I can have it on my balcony? OR - do they have coffee makers for regular coffee, not the pods?
Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 PM   #3622
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Jambo everyone, I am so excited to be in Disney in just 12 short days. We will be staying in jambo studio villa 4 nights then switching to a one bedroom at kidani. I am so fortunate to have gotten such a massive deal that we upgraded from all stars music to AKL, this will be our second time visiting WDW and we stayed in pop last time. Can wait we will be celebration my nephews 4th birthday and my sons 2nd. Let the good times begin lol. Now got to catch up on the thread
Old 01-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #3623
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
This reminds me...Is there anyway to get a press pot of coffee "to go"? Or is there any where to get a good cup of coffee so I can have it on my balcony? OR - do they have coffee makers for regular coffee, not the pods?
From what I remember each room has a little coffee maker in it. Typical kind you see in most hotel rooms. Coffee is okay - not great but drinkable & it has caffine.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #3624
clandoc5803
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I'd love to try the coffee, I'm just not sure it's worth a trip to Boma for breakfast!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:02 PM   #3625
Cuddlemama
Mouseketeer

Two week countdown begins today! The kids are so excited. We'll be doing 7 nights in 2 standard studios at Kidani and then 6 nights in a standard 2bdrm. We've had every possible viewing situation at Kidani, including the disastrous Pembe room that my kids called "the barn of dooooom room". As a family, we have pretty much decided we'd rather have longer trips in standard rooms and enjoy the animals down in the rocking chairs or on the overlook balconies than shorter trips looking out the window to MAYBE see some animals.

This is our first non-dining plan trip since 2004, and the first time we're riding the Autotrain so we'll have a car. Lots of new things on our agenda, which is always fun after a decade plus of DVC membership. My kids are Kidani addicts and refuse to let us stay anywhere else in the past few years. We tried bribes and threats in an attempt to budge them toward Beach Club this trip, but it wasn't gonna happen without a big fight, and who wants grumpy kids on vacation. I love Kidani, too, so it's not a hardship.

This trip is totally going to make up for our last disaster, in which my inlaws, who were traveling with us, decided on day 3 to get a divorce (and admit infidelity on one of their parts) and 7 out of 9 of us ended up with pervasive strep/scarlet fever. I had 8 day tickets on that trip and spent less than 10 hours total in the parks because I was, as the mom, the designated "sick people keeper" as they started dropping like flies and being treated with antibiotics.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #3626
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlemama View Post
Two week countdown begins today! The kids are so excited. We'll be doing 7 nights in 2 standard studios at Kidani and then 6 nights in a standard 2bdrm. We've had every possible viewing situation at Kidani, including the disastrous Pembe room that my kids called "the barn of dooooom room". As a family, we have pretty much decided we'd rather have longer trips in standard rooms and enjoy the animals down in the rocking chairs or on the overlook balconies than shorter trips looking out the window to MAYBE see some animals.

This is our first non-dining plan trip since 2004, and the first time we're riding the Autotrain so we'll have a car. Lots of new things on our agenda, which is always fun after a decade plus of DVC membership. My kids are Kidani addicts and refuse to let us stay anywhere else in the past few years. We tried bribes and threats in an attempt to budge them toward Beach Club this trip, but it wasn't gonna happen without a big fight, and who wants grumpy kids on vacation. I love Kidani, too, so it's not a hardship.

This trip is totally going to make up for our last disaster, in which my inlaws, who were traveling with us, decided on day 3 to get a divorce (and admit infidelity on one of their parts) and 7 out of 9 of us ended up with pervasive strep/scarlet fever. I had 8 day tickets on that trip and spent less than 10 hours total in the parks because I was, as the mom, the designated "sick people keeper" as they started dropping like flies and being treated with antibiotics.
Wow - I guess it won't take much to make this trip better than the last!!

Have a wonderful trip!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 AM   #3627
MadScouser
DIS Veteran

Looking to book trip in August (sadly have to go then due to DS being in school now)... AKV 1br value... anyone stayed in one, and what are they like compared to say SSR 1br (which is our home resort)
2007 (Jan) SSR, Vero Beach, AKL;
2007 (Nov) OKW & POP; 2010 : SSR & BCV ;2011 : SSR ; 2013 : AKV (Jambo), BLT

Old 01-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #3628
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zima-cheryl View Post
From what I remember each room has a little coffee maker in it. Typical kind you see in most hotel rooms. Coffee is okay - not great but drinkable & it has caffine.
....NOTHING beats that pressed pot of coffee!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 01-10-2013, 08:01 AM   #3629
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuddlemama View Post

Ugh! Our FIRST trip was like that... NOROVIRUS
We spent 4 days in the room with no food. It was horrible!!! Eventually we had to call a doctor that came to our resort room. I wanted to go to the hospital, but they wouldn't let a cab drive to my room at CSR. They said I had to get to the lobby, and there was no way that was happening! I wonder if they would let an ambulance in???
ANYWAY... after that trip the kids were calling Disney the CRAPPIEST place on Earth (instead of the HAPPIEST). We did a RE-DO the next year and made up for it. That isn't the memory you want your kids to have of WDW!!!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #3630
TruBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
Also, does AKV have it's own QS or do I have to walk back over to the other part of the resort? Or a shop selling breakfast items?
I've never stayed at AKV, but I think the answer is no to the QS and yes to breakfast items at the gift shop. Brandi or Kim will know for sure...

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: