Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Disneyland Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #2116
VintageDisneyRules
Why does candy taste so much better when it's wrapped in Easter print
I mean who wants to cuddle up to an ice cube
 
VintageDisneyRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 1,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post
A moment of silence, please.

My AP expires today.
My head is bowed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Tee shirt design is done and ready to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley0139 View Post
Hi girls! I hope it's okay to join in, I'm Ashley and I'm 25! I was doing some initial research for Disneyland and stumbled across this thread. I have been to WDW many times, but I am moving to the LA area at the end of this month (eek!) and am looking forward to my very first trip to Disneyland. I know almost no one in the LA area, and certainly have no friends that love Disney there. I was hoping I could tentatively join this meetup! I have no idea what I'll be doing at the end of February (job-wise) but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to meet up with some Disney fans like me and spend time in the parks (for the second time - I will also be going the first weekend in February). I plan on spending lots of time in the parks and getting an annual pass ASAP.

I hope it's okay that I'm posting this here. I wasn't able to read through the 141 pages of this thread, haha! I would love to be able to join in some of the activities planned, but I can't commit for sure to anything at the moment. Is that okay? At the very least, I would like to drive to DL for one of those weekend days, but I'll really have to see. I believe I read something about a Facebook group - could someone link that for me?

Anyway, this looks like such a fun group of people and I would love to be a part of it and meet some other Disney loving girls like me!
Welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulubelle View Post

I just wanted to say HI to everyone and mention that I am super excited for our trip. We spent the weekend in San Diego and went to Sea World. And I found a gift for the M&G. It's pretty out-there. I am sure it will make the recipient laugh!
Am I the only one worried about the M&G gifts? Some of you have a strange sense of humor.
__________________
,
VintageDisneyRules is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #2117
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Am I the only one worried about the M&G gifts? Some of you have a strange sense of humor.
Strange? Whatever do you mean??


__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #2118
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

I wish Disneyland was no so stingy with it's hours. They release them one week at a time and it's taking forever!

I called today to try and get a better idea of what the hours will be when we are there. Looks like DL and DCA during the week will be 10-8. And then on the weekend, DL will be 9-11 or even midnight and DCA 8-11. Or so she said. Why would DCA open earlier than DL? Because of Carsland?

Well, whatever. Sometimes they don't know what they are talking about, so I will just wait....impatiently. I just want to add the hours to the schedule. Plus we need to know park opening times for the group photo and such.

She also said Small World will be closed until Feb. 28, so yay, it will open just in time for our group ride! Also, the princesses have been moved to the Small World promenade area, which we knew, so hopefully it will still work to take our traditional tiara photo.
__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #2119
Lorinda
Mouseketeer
 
Lorinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 186

If anyone has any spare m&g gift ideas floating around in their pretty little head, feel free to message me. I am kinda at a loss.
__________________
.
Next trip... October 2012..... first halloween @ DL .

Last trip ... 6/2/2012 thru 6/6/2012

recent trip : Last week of April 2011

Me,hubby, 3 daughters, 1 son, 2 son in laws, 6 grand children ! 2,3,6,10,11,11 14 total !
Lorinda is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #2120
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda View Post
If anyone has any spare m&g gift ideas floating around in their pretty little head, feel free to message me. I am kinda at a loss.
I am sure you probably read this, but just in case you missed it, or in case anyone who read it when it was first posted has forgotten, I am reposting the exchange rules:

**Rules for Meet and Greet Exchange**
1. The exchange is optional. There are no sign-ups. If you want to participate, just bring a package. As in the past, it will be done "white elephant" style. With such a large group this year however, we reserve the right to limit the number of times a package can be "stolen" to save time.
2. Minimum dollar amount for this exchange is $20. Bring your exchange wrapped up in some sort of gift wrapping, gift bag, trash bag, whatever. Just so it's hidden. Do not put a name on it.
3. The exchange can consist of ANY beverage container. Examples would include coffee mugs, aluminum water bottles, beer mugs, wine glasses, etc. Make sure if your item is breakable that it's packaged securely.
4. Use your imagination! Have fun with this. It does not have to be Disney themed. In fact, we challenge you all to find something non-Disney. Keep our theme in mind when shopping. The more redneck, silly, funny, naughty, or unusual, the better. After all, we are all adults and we are there to have fun!


So, basically what each exchange gift must have is some sort of beverage container. Any thing you can drink out of will do, but the funnier the better. I bought one I liked, but it was only half the minimum dollar amount required, so I am going to fill the rest in with fillers. Those can be just about anything you want.

For example, I Googled redneck gifts online and found a couple fun ideas. One was for a redneck "tool box". It was basically a beer, a roll of duct tape and some WD40. Heck, all useful if you ask me!

I saw Walmart had a 2013 Outhouse calendar. I thought that would be pretty funny, too. If you have any gag stores near you, they might have something. Or someone else mentioned searching on Amazon.

If all else fails and you are truly stumped, you can pick a nice Disney mug and supplement it with a Disney gift card. We are going for humor, not to offend or upset anyone with our theme. But, if anyone wants to play along and isn't comfortable purchasing certain items, you can go a more traditional Disney route.

Same thing with the costumes. You can dress in any manner you feel comfortable, whether that is considered redneck, hill billy, country western, whatever. We just want everyone to have a fun time!
__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #2121
Lorinda
Mouseketeer
 
Lorinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
I am sure you probably read this, but just in case you missed it, or in case anyone who read it when it was first posted has forgotten, I am reposting the exchange rules:

**Rules for Meet and Greet Exchange**
1. The exchange is optional. There are no sign-ups. If you want to participate, just bring a package. As in the past, it will be done "white elephant" style. With such a large group this year however, we reserve the right to limit the number of times a package can be "stolen" to save time.
2. Minimum dollar amount for this exchange is $20. Bring your exchange wrapped up in some sort of gift wrapping, gift bag, trash bag, whatever. Just so it's hidden. Do not put a name on it.
3. The exchange can consist of ANY beverage container. Examples would include coffee mugs, aluminum water bottles, beer mugs, wine glasses, etc. Make sure if your item is breakable that it's packaged securely.
4. Use your imagination! Have fun with this. It does not have to be Disney themed. In fact, we challenge you all to find something non-Disney. Keep our theme in mind when shopping. The more redneck, silly, funny, naughty, or unusual, the better. After all, we are all adults and we are there to have fun!


So, basically what each exchange gift must have is some sort of beverage container. Any thing you can drink out of will do, but the funnier the better. I bought one I liked, but it was only half the minimum dollar amount required, so I am going to fill the rest in with fillers. Those can be just about anything you want.

For example, I Googled redneck gifts online and found a couple fun ideas. One was for a redneck "tool box". It was basically a beer, a roll of duct tape and some WD40. Heck, all useful if you ask me!

I saw Walmart had a 2013 Outhouse calendar. I thought that would be pretty funny, too. If you have any gag stores near you, they might have something. Or someone else mentioned searching on Amazon.

If all else fails and you are truly stumped, you can pick a nice Disney mug and supplement it with a Disney gift card. We are going for humor, not to offend or upset anyone with our theme. But, if anyone wants to play along and isn't comfortable purchasing certain items, you can go a more traditional Disney route.

Same thing with the costumes. You can dress in any manner you feel comfortable, whether that is considered redneck, hill billy, country western, whatever. We just want everyone to have a fun time!
Thank you . Did I see something about bringing a snack for the snack table at the M&G also ?
__________________
.
Next trip... October 2012..... first halloween @ DL .

Last trip ... 6/2/2012 thru 6/6/2012

recent trip : Last week of April 2011

Me,hubby, 3 daughters, 1 son, 2 son in laws, 6 grand children ! 2,3,6,10,11,11 14 total !
Lorinda is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #2122
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda View Post
Thank you . Did I see something about bringing a snack for the snack table at the M&G also ?
Yes. Every year we do a candy buffet/snack table. It's so much fun, and a great way to get a variety of treats to either munch on over the course of the trip, or take home to the family.

Laurie/DizNee Luver and Lisa/Lisacat are in charge of the table this year. At some point, one of them will ask everyone to begin PMing them with your snack choice. We do that to avoid a lot of repeats. Obviously it's okay if 2-3 people want to bring a similar snack (for example crunchy granola bars and chewy granola bars), but we don't want all 50-plus ladies to bring the same item. Okay, so that wouldn't happen, but you get my point. It's just to make sure we have a variety of goodies.

As for what to bring, it's up to you. Over the years, we've had just about every sort of candy you can think of. We've also had snacks such as crackers, corn nuts, chips, granola bars, trail mix, Goldfish, you name it! Some people on recent trips have even brought non-food items such as travel size Kleenex covers, hand sanitizer, Chapstick, etc.
All we ask is you bring a large amount (think Costco/Sams Club size) so it will feed everyone, or if it's non-edible enough for each person to take an item. And, I think we are now asking that it be packaged individually for sanitary reasons (Laurie or Lisa can confirm this).

Here are some photos from previous Meet and Greet parties:








So, you can start thinking about what you'd like to bring, and then when the time comes simply PM either Laurie or Lisa with your choice.
Hope that helps. It's a lot of fun, and a real highlight of the party!
__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #2123
karylrocks
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it.....
 
karylrocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermell View Post
Tee shirt design is done and ready to go!
Ooohh...is there any way we can see the final design? I know it is the deadline for ordering and I wasn't planning to get one but I might change my mind.
__________________





Disneyland: 1964, 1977, 1979, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Walt Disney World: 1994, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2013
DCL: Wonder-10 Night Southern Caribbean 2006, Mexican Riviera 2011; Magic-Inaugural Galveston 2012
Aulani: May 2012
karylrocks is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #2124
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!
 
LisaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
That is actually quite sad. When I was in WDW in November I upgraded my 6-day ticket to the Premier Passport (is that what you call the one that is good in both parks??) The up-charge was horrifying, and this will probably be my only one, but it's fun to have at least one in my lifetime. It's really purty - sometimes I just want to take it out and look at it.
I got one in 2010. I was in WDW for a week and then I had planned on getting an AP here, so it was only about $150 more. Which I probably made a dent in by having the 20% discount. LOL And they are purty. Mine is stuck to the frame of my computer monitor. Sigh. LOL
__________________


LisaCat is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #2125
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!
 
LisaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
Option Ticket: Woodland Park Zoo OR The Museum of Flight - we love the zoo and have been quite a few times. We gone to the museum of Flight and really enjoyed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Hmmm, I'll have to think it over a bit more. Some of those things I think the kids would enjoy and some I'm not too sure about. Have to price it out and see if it's worth it. Also, see if we'll have that much time in Seattle. We are doing other places like Forks/La Push, San Juan Island, Whidbey Island, etc. Plus driving the OR coast. This trip is already up to two weeks long. There's too much to do and see! LOL Thanks for the info though!!
I totally second the Museum of Flight. We are toying with a trip up there this summer for our anniversary. We were last there for our 10th anniversary. This will be #20..... eek! Last time we flew in and out of Portland, spent a day with mom and then drove up. It worked well, but I think I'd rather fly into SEATAC. LOL
__________________


LisaCat is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #2126
LisaCat
Counting too many days till my next trip to Disney!
 
LisaCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
Am I the only one worried about the M&G gifts? Some of you have a strange sense of humor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Strange? Whatever do you mean??


*snickers* I have NO IDEA what you are implying. No idea at ALL.
__________________


LisaCat is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #2127
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
That is actually quite sad. When I was in WDW in November I upgraded my 6-day ticket to the Premier Passport (is that what you call the one that is good in both parks??) The up-charge was horrifying, and this will probably be my only one, but it's fun to have at least one in my lifetime. It's really purty - sometimes I just want to take it out and look at it.

Paint me green with envy. The years we went to WDW for 7 or so days, I should likely looked into getting one. Sadly my WDW days are long gone. Oh poor me. If I had one, I would frame it, light a little candle in front of it...you know...a wee bit of a shrine thing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley0139 View Post
Hi girls! I hope it's okay to join in, I'm Ashley and I'm 25!
Welcome Ashley, I am Amy and I am 51. Dang...sure doesn't sound as great as Ashley at 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Disney Lover View Post
I'll have an order ready for you!

Hurrah!!! GIRL SCOUT COOKIES will be everywhere!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageDisneyRules View Post
My head is bowed.

Thanks for your sympathy. It was a sad day. Perhaps I should have donned a black armband.


Am I the only one worried about the M&G gifts? Some of you have a strange sense of humor.
I dunno what you mean by that. I gave my exchangee Angry Bird Bandaids and a treasure trove of other delights...stick on mustaches, Wooly Willy....

I am a bit like you actually. Never been a fan of off color or poor taste gag gifts. Might sit this one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda View Post
If anyone has any spare m&g gift ideas floating around in their pretty little head, feel free to message me. I am kinda at a loss.
Angry Bird Bandaids, a perenial favorite.

I actually quoted this because I first read it as "massage me". All righty then, got a dollar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCat View Post
I got one in 2010. I was in WDW for a week and then I had planned on getting an AP here, so it was only about $150 more. Which I probably made a dent in by having the 20% discount. LOL And they are purty. Mine is stuck to the frame of my computer monitor. Sigh. LOL
I want a picture of your pass so I can live vicariously. You know what else would look nice by your computer? That is right, Savannah Smile lemon girl scout cookies.



Okay, deep breath, that took awhile.

AmyOkraGirlScoutCookiePushingSue
grumpyvet is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #2128
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpyvet View Post

I dunno what you mean by that. I gave my exchangee Angry Bird Bandaids and a treasure trove of other delights...stick on mustaches, Wooly Willy....

I am a bit like you actually. Never been a fan of off color or poor taste gag gifts. Might sit this one out.
Are you saying I have poor taste??

Well, I can neither confirm nor deny that comment.

But, Angry Bird bandaids and stick on mustaches would work. They are fun, silly, and sort of like gag gifts. But, you'd need to add something to drink out of since the main exchange theme is Slug Jug.
__________________

Last edited by mommaU4; 01-09-2013 at 11:38 PM.
mommaU4 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #2129
grumpyvet
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Are you saying I have poor taste??

Would never even suggest it. Years ago a friend's boyfriend (now husband) gave me a series of poor taste gifts. I think because I am such an obnoxious outgoing person, he thought I would find them a laugh riot. Not so much. The one that springs to mind is a "rubber tree", yep, a fake plant covered with condoms. Ha ha ha...nope, still don't see the humor.


Well, I can neither deny nor confirm that comment.

But, Angry Bird bandaids and stick on mustaches would work. They are fun, silly, and sort of like gag gifts. But, you'd need to add something to drink out of since the main exchange theme is Slug Jug.
My Angry Bird Bandaids were SO last year.

I bet I got me some Red Solo cups around here someswhere.

How was that for getting into the swing of it????
grumpyvet is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #2130
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,237

Yes, I think I am 12 years old in terms of humor cause I find that funny. Um, not sure why he gave it to you, but....it's the thought that counts...?

Red Solo cups totally work. But, can you sing the song that goes with it?

Now I have that song in my head...
__________________
mommaU4 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.