Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #2551
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

Well that seems a bit limiting....sorry boys!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #2552
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
What seems a bit limiting?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #2553
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

To only have LM themed standard rooms. No biggie to me, it just surprises me is all.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 PM   #2554
kcool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie123 View Post
Any updates on the thermostat situation from people who have recently stayed?
I will be honest, the thermostat issue drove me insane! It is not that I wanted it cooler than 68 in the room, but I like air to be moving. It was often stuffy when we would get back to the room and I would have to get up during the night to mess with the thermostat. I would press the fan button 3x and it would get it running again. We were there 11 nights, Dec 21-Jan 2nd, so we had warm and cold days, but the room was always stuffy when we got back. It only took a few minutes to make it feel better. We would stay there again, but it is something that might make me think twice.
CBR December 2009
Pop June 2010
Pop May 2011
AOA December 2012
Disneyland July 2013
Poly August 2013
Upcoming Trip Wilderness Lodge June 2014
Old 01-09-2013, 02:14 AM   #2555
DisneyATlast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post
I agree! I have one boy and one girl and I really want to stay at AoA after seeing all the pics! But....I really, really don't need a family suite bc the standard room is plenty for us! Oh well...girls win this one. I'm just going to go with the, "Our room was a surprise! I didn't get to pick it out!" when he wants to know why I didn't get CARS instead! Lion King or Nemo would be neutral, but I don't want to shell out the extra cash just so he can look at a different comforter set and shower curtain.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:37 AM   #2556
FoxwithEars
Mouseketeer

AoA looks amazing!! Disney really outdid themselves on this resort!

Disney College Program Spring 2012

DVC Member

1991 Polynesian Resort, 1993 Grand Floridian Resort, 1994 Contemporary Resort, 1995 OKW, 1997 OKW, 2000 OKW, 2002 OKW, 2005 OKW, 2007 Saratoga Springs, 2008 Saratoga Springs, July 2008 OKW, Aug 2009 Saratoga Springs, Jan 2010 Bay Lake Tower, Aug 2010 Animal Kingdom Lodge, Aug 2011 - OKW, Jan 2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #2557
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so forgive me if I'm repeating information

I just did online checkin on the new website and was able to request floor levels and lakeview or landscape view. I believe there was also "close to elevator" and "close to transportation" as choices. I know there was a lot of discussion about this at one point because it wasn't available, so I thought I'd let you all know!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
Old 01-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #2558
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so forgive me if I'm repeating information

I just did online checkin on the new website and was able to request floor levels and lakeview or landscape view. I believe there was also "close to elevator" and "close to transportation" as choices. I know there was a lot of discussion about this at one point because it wasn't available, so I thought I'd let you all know!
If you're staying in LM and are looking for the shortest walk, I'd suggest "closest to elevator". Closest to transportation will put you on the end of the building, but there is no path to the walkway from there. You still have to walk back to mid-building (near the elevator) to enter the walkway.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #2559
wagnergirls
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
If you're staying in LM and are looking for the shortest walk, I'd suggest "closest to elevator". Closest to transportation will put you on the end of the building, but there is no path to the walkway from there. You still have to walk back to mid-building (near the elevator) to enter the walkway.
good to know! thanks!

Old 01-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #2560
locura79
Earning My Ears

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cgj View Post
How were you able to check in online? I've been trying for hours and just keep getting the Goofy error.

I'm really anxious to check in since I'm arriving in 3 days and had no idea prior to this afternoon that you could check in online ahead of time. Obviously, I'm new here.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #2561
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by locura79

How were you able to check in online? I've been trying for hours and just keep getting the Goofy error.

I'm really anxious to check in since I'm arriving in 3 days and had no idea prior to this afternoon that you could check in online ahead of time. Obviously, I'm new here.
Try www.mydisneyreservation.com
Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #2562
mom2cgj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by locura79

I used disneyworld.com (the new website). I went to My Reservations under My Disney Experience. Then under my reservation (which I just managed to link yesterday), I chose View Details. There was a button for online check in. I tried this morning and got the error, but this afternoon it worked fine!

AoA Cars - Jan. 2015 - Pre Trip Report:There's No Such Thing As Too Much Planning!

AoA Lion King - Jan. 2013 5 Newbies Visit the World!!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #2563
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

I was just reading some reviews of AOA on the allears site and there sure were a lot of people complaining about the walk from LM rooms to the main building. It makes me nervous to stay there in Aug. I know some people said it was 8-10 min. but we're going in Aug. so I hope it wouldn't be too hot for a long walk after being in the parks.

I really want lakeview and I absolutely hate parking lot views. I will cry if they say it's all they have left and I'll be asking for a room change the next day. I think I'm going to request lakeview, building 7. Are people getting requests met at AOA?
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 01-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #2564
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
I was just reading some reviews of AOA on the allears site and there sure were a lot of people complaining about the walk from LM rooms to the main building. It makes me nervous to stay there in Aug. I know some people said it was 8-10 min. but we're going in Aug. so I hope it wouldn't be too hot for a long walk after being in the parks.

I really want lakeview and I absolutely hate parking lot views. I will cry if they say it's all they have left and I'll be asking for a room change the next day. I think I'm going to request lakeview, building 7. Are people getting requests met at AOA?
I made a very specific request but didn't expect it to be met since we weren't arriving until 10:30 at night. Unfortunately they met it exactly. I say unfortunately because I asked for building 7 closest to building 6, hoping we would shorten our walk. But I didn't realize at the time that meant I had to walk half the length of the building to even be able to accessthe walkway. Dumbest arrangement ever. We saw people walking through the gorgous vegetation all week. They need to at least add some walkways. Pretty means nothing when your feet hurt.

I wouldn't do LM in the heat for even a short trip, but I'm a whimp. And I wouldn't do it again for a long trip any time of year.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #2565
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

I made a very specific request but didn't expect it to be met since we weren't arriving until 10:30 at night. Unfortunately they met it exactly. I say unfortunately because I asked for building 7 closest to building 6, hoping we would shorten our walk. But I didn't realize at the time that meant I had to walk half the length of the building to even be able to accessthe walkway. Dumbest arrangement ever. We saw people walking through the gorgous vegetation all week. They need to at least add some walkways. Pretty means nothing when your feet hurt.
This is the big puzzler for me too. I can't imagine why anyone thought it was a good idea to not have walkways through the landscaping by the buildings. It wouldn't make it look bad, and it would help keep people from trampling the plants.

As far as requests, my only one was ground floor, which I got.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: