Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
Bigdog2003
Earning My Ears

When can we check in online?

Curious when we can start to register online. Get the kids signed up for clubs and ect. Also do we get to select our port arrival time or is that something that is assigned. We would like to get on the ship as early as we can as this is our first Disney cruise and we would like to have as much time to enjoy the ship as possible.
Bigdog2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog2003 View Post
Curious when we can start to register online. Get the kids signed up for clubs and ect. Also do we get to select our port arrival time or is that something that is assigned. We would like to get on the ship as early as we can as this is our first Disney cruise and we would like to have as much time to enjoy the ship as possible.
As first time Disney cruisers your excursion/online checkin window opens 75 days out from your cruise. At midnight Eastern time.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #3
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

At midnight Eastern time.

[/QUOTE]

Bummer, wish it wasn't until 7am EST. I wonder if the earliest time slots will be taken 90 days before cruise date if I wait until 7am?
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog2003 View Post
You select your port arrival time when you do your registration. Since it is your first Disney cruise you can go online and do this at 12am EST 75 days prior to your cruise. You will get to choose from the port arrival times that are left. Check back, though, as I have previously had a later time and been able to change to an earlier one. The earliest arrival time will be from 1100-1130am.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
bermudaannie
Earning My Ears

Do you have to pick a time? I have been reading so much on here where folks go to the port and are given a boarding number. Is that the old way of doing it?
bermudaannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Our cruise is March 24 and we checked in on Monday 11pm(central time) (75 days till 1st cruise!) The site crashed on DBF so he stayed up till 1:15am (CST) and was able to check in. We wondered if he had waited till the morning but I'm glad he didn't haha.

We were able to get the earliest PAT which was 11-11:30am, our excursion at Nassau, and a Palo Brunch for 11:30am. The ship..as of now..is sold out so we were lucky for sure!! He said that there were still a lot of PAT open, the cabanas were sold out, and some spa treatments as well so I'm not sure what everyone is doing on a sold out ship!! Good Luck!!!!

There are various groups on here for your cruise dates. If you wanted to you could wait till the 90 day people check in and then ask them if you want specific things to see if they are still open. A few people did this for my dates and it was helpful!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermudaannie View Post
Do you have to pick a time? I have been reading so much on here where folks go to the port and are given a boarding number. Is that the old way of doing it?
As part of the online checkin you select a Port Arrival Time. This is to spread the arrivials at the terminal out.

When you check in at the port (after your PAT) you will receive a boarding number. I will point out that your boarding number is tied to your PAT. So arriving early, won't change it, you won't get a lower number.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: