Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #1366
DisneyManFamily4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
How can we ever do less than 14nights now?
My thoughts exactly. It's SO hard to do less than a 14 night. 3 out of the 6 cruises I've been on have been 2 weeks long. I love them!!!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #1367
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

look at round trip airfares. Even if you don't use the return leg, sometimes they are less than half the cost of one ways.
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2013, 07:35 AM   #1368
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Finally had a chance to catch up on all the posts since we have been home.
We had a fabulous cruise and met so many great people. It will be hard to do anything less than 14 nights from now on.
Thank you to all who had a hand in organizing things...ornament exchange, stateroom crawl, FE, excursions, PC certificates, ladies get together. If I left anyone out please accept my apologies.
Loved all the gifts we received in our FE and will use many of them for years to come. Some just had to be used/eaten right away...yum, yum.
It has been hard trying to adjust being home, especially the weather. It is sooo cold here. I hate winter. It just chills me through and through. So, I just keep thinking about our Galveston cruise at the end of the month to try and keep warm. Can't wait.
Drew, been reading your TR and loving it. Looking forward to much more...I think, maybe???
Hoping to meet up with some of you again on another cruise. Thanks for all the "wonder"ful memories.
4everluvDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #1369
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
look at round trip airfares. Even if you don't use the return leg, sometimes they are less than half the cost of one ways.
The $1000 is the RT fare. One-way is almost $2500! I think that is the normal fare, as both my mother and brother are walking the Camino in Spain on separate trips this spring/summer and their tickets were over $1000 also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
Finally had a chance to catch up on all the posts since we have been home.
We had a fabulous cruise and met so many great people. It will be hard to do anything less than 14 nights from now on.
Thank you to all who had a hand in organizing things...ornament exchange, stateroom crawl, FE, excursions, PC certificates, ladies get together. If I left anyone out please accept my apologies.
Loved all the gifts we received in our FE and will use many of them for years to come. Some just had to be used/eaten right away...yum, yum.
It has been hard trying to adjust being home, especially the weather. It is sooo cold here. I hate winter. It just chills me through and through. So, I just keep thinking about our Galveston cruise at the end of the month to try and keep warm. Can't wait.
Drew, been reading your TR and loving it. Looking forward to much more...I think, maybe???
Hoping to meet up with some of you again on another cruise. Thanks for all the "wonder"ful memories.
It seems that so many people worked together to make this a wonderful cruise. It made it a great first cruise for us. I hope future cruises are as great.
I was trying to describe Drew and Deanna to Billy, and all he kept asking was "In the Santa hats?" Makes me wonder if he would recognize you guys without them!
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #1370
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

I am trying to talk DH into the transatlantic cruise. A direct flight into Philly is $1500 one way and $800 round trip. We clearly would book the round trip. Still not quite sure if the airfare is worth it but I am now addicted to 14 day cruises!
WVURunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #1371
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

The transatlantic 2011 was a wonderful cruise. I loved every minute of it so yes, if you can afford it, imho it's WELL worth it!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #1372
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I am trying to talk DH into the transatlantic cruise. A direct flight into Philly is $1500 one way and $800 round trip. We clearly would book the round trip. Still not quite sure if the airfare is worth it but I am now addicted to 14 day cruises!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
The transatlantic 2011 was a wonderful cruise. I loved every minute of it so yes, if you can afford it, imho it's WELL worth it!
$800 is a pretty good rate. From the West Coast, it is not much more. Emily, you guys should do it so we can all live through your experience

So I don't think we can make this years Transatlantic, but I just mentioned it to my father, and he jumped on the idea. So hopefully they will do the Med in 2014, so we can book a return transatlantic sailing. May would coincide with my nieces college graduation, so it would have to be August/September, but I am shocked at my fathers response and the idea that it may actually happen.
pharmjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #1373
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Is this price a direct flight from Barcelona to Philly? Which airline?
Old 01-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #1374
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby View Post
Is this price a direct flight from Barcelona to Philly? Which airline?
Direct on US airways.
WVURunner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #1375
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

We would like to do the 2014. DH's company is taking us to New Orleans in May. We also may go to Vegas for his 40th bday. Have timeshare points to use up.

Someone on our cruise said to check Air Berlin for cheaper flights back to the US. They have done the Trans and Med twice and use it to fly home.

Brian thinks we need to do the 28 night one with Alan on Holland America. It's FL to Europe and hits a lot of the bid cities. He has some pretty good emails deals. It's Travel with Alan. His website isn't very good, but it's all in his emails.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
chrissyt27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #1376
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
$800 is a pretty good rate. From the West Coast, it is not much more. Emily, you guys should do it so we can all live through your experience

So I don't think we can make this years Transatlantic, but I just mentioned it to my father, and he jumped on the idea. So hopefully they will do the Med in 2014, so we can book a return transatlantic sailing. May would coincide with my nieces college graduation, so it would have to be August/September, but I am shocked at my fathers response and the idea that it may actually happen.
So tempting to do another 14 day trip! I never felt like I was "done" and ready to get off the ship. There were so many activities that I didn't even touch the books and crosswords I brought. Transatlantic sounds great, and what a terrific price. If we could only find a reasonable way to get home. Are there cheap trains from Barcelona to major cities with cheaper flights?

I think today marks 1 month from boarding the ship? With the holidiays, I think I am only now getting back to "normal".

Liz
Liz Arjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #1377
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Wbpc

For those eyeing another 14-day trip and will consider taking the Wonder back to LA, WBPC in May now has IGT, OGT AND VGT rates available. 2A1C in a VGT is only $3925!! And it even includes Castaway Cay...

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #1378
Moby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
For those eyeing another 14-day trip and will consider taking the Wonder back to LA, WBPC in May now has IGT, OGT AND VGT rates available. 2A1C in a VGT is only $3925!! And it even includes Castaway Cay...

I did see that and I even priced out airfare! I wonder if the evening entertainment will be the same as what we experiened on the EBPC.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:06 PM   #1379
Jcmh
Mouseketeer

Hi all,
We are considering joining family on the May PC crossing. It's especially tempting now with the *gt rates!

I have twins who will be just shy of 4 years old at the time of the cruise. For those of you who sailed with kids under 5.... how'd it go? Did they have enough going on to keep the kids entertained?

We sailed last summer to Alaska with them on their 3rd birthday, and with the outside areas too cold to enjoy many days, we often had two kids with (literally) cabin fever. There were not a lot of kids under 5 on that cruise and the club activities reflected that.

Would we be in a similar situation with this cruise? Or did your under-5's enjoys 2 weeks on the Wonder?

TIA for any insights you have to offer!
Jcmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #1380
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcmh View Post
Hi all,
We are considering joining family on the May PC crossing. It's especially tempting now with the *gt rates!

I have twins who will be just shy of 4 years old at the time of the cruise. For those of you who sailed with kids under 5.... how'd it go? Did they have enough going on to keep the kids entertained?

We sailed last summer to Alaska with them on their 3rd birthday, and with the outside areas too cold to enjoy many days, we often had two kids with (literally) cabin fever. There were not a lot of kids under 5 on that cruise and the club activities reflected that.

Would we be in a similar situation with this cruise? Or did your under-5's enjoys 2 weeks on the Wonder?

TIA for any insights you have to offer!
We have a four year-old who had so much fun, and was so busy during the trip, she started napping again! Action packed, fun filled. The sea days were fun too - fastest 15 days ever! Only one (maybe two) days the pools were closed, due to waves. And only one day it was a little chilly. Wore summer clothes the entire time in December. If it weren't for work, school, etc, we'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Started With a Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: