Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #211
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle

Really?! Ah!
Um, the previous poster asked where the info was.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #212
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic
Until I can see for myself something from the Disney Co (Tom Staggs, Meg Crofton, etc) in my mind this is all speculation hearsay & rumor ie-no more EMH all the info re-day guests on site vs offsite on and on

I don't have a smart phone I phone whatever so can't access an app

I would like someone to please post a link to a Disney announcement (straight from the horses mouth) Like I said no offense to anyone I just like to see things for myself

Thanks
In addition the Disney Parks blog post, there was also a story in the New York Times about the new system.http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/bu...anted=all&_r=0
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #213
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Exclamation ok then

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
This is the official post I have seen so far - from the Disney website:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...he-next-level/
thanks for the link & I have read this whole thread, the official announcement from Tom Staggs & the 131 comments on the blog with posters having a LOT of questions SOME answered most not yet..which is what my concern is if the official Disney site has not stated certain facts then how can Dissers be so sure they have the facts ?

examples, he said you can opt out regular FP not going away at this point
he said this would be incorporated over the next year
he said personal info NOT stored in magicband so to even suggest if your kid gets lost CMs can scan his/her band & find out anything last seen at who parents are is ridiculous
Its not like a microchip in my dogs neck that if he takes off Animal Control can scan
he never even hinted at EMH ending as a PP stated

so FWIW I love the Dis obviously I've been here awhile its a great source of info BUT when it comes to major changes I will go to the source for the facts doesn't that make more sense ?

thanks again for the link Tammie

Ruthie
Old 01-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #214
mummabear
DIS Veteran

•Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited.

I'm wondering about this.....so we can book 60 days out but only hold selections for say 3 or 5 days then those with a 10 day ticket will only have say 5 days selection time for the other 5 days on their ticket-disadvantaging those staying longer boo
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #215
mummabear
DIS Veteran

I just wish Disney made a full announcment with all the FAQs avalible instead of this leaving people wondering, full of questions and a little stressed about how it will be affecting this years trips....just tell people when it is launching, and how it works already!
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #216
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
thanks for the link & I have read this whole thread, the official announcement from Tom Staggs & the 131 comments on the blog with posters having a LOT of questions SOME answered most not yet..which is what my concern is if the official Disney site has not stated certain facts then how can Dissers be so sure they have the facts ?

he said personal info NOT stored in magicband so to even suggest if your kid gets lost CMs can scan his/her band & find out anything last seen at who parents are is ridiculous
Its not like a microchip in my dogs neck that if he takes off Animal Control can scan

so FWIW I love the Dis obviously I've been here awhile its a great source of info BUT when it comes to major changes I will go to the source for the facts doesn't that make more sense ?

Ruthie
I do agree that there is a lot of speculation going on. But Tom Staggs' job in that announcement was to stir up excitement. If potential negatives are coming down the road with this, I wouldn't expect him to fess up at this point.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #217
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
All they would have to do for EMH is have some portable scanners, at locations leading into each land, just like they do now for EMH where the CMs set up barriers and check IDs, and have a CM man this, if you scan and get green, you are in, Red you are out. Most rides will have the scanner at the entrance anway.

It should actually help them clear the parks of nonresort guests at late EMH.

What about guests at, for example, Shades of Green? They get the EMH benefit, but from the sounds of it I doubt they'd get the magicbands as Disney Resort guests would (just as we don't get KTTW cards now).

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #218
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummabear View Post
•Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited.

I'm wondering about this.....so we can book 60 days out but only hold selections for say 3 or 5 days then those with a 10 day ticket will only have say 5 days selection time for the other 5 days on their ticket-disadvantaging those staying longer boo
Everything about those terms and conditions quoted above are interesting to me. Day of the week, time of the year, and park you choose. So does this mean, if the park calendar says Epcot is going to be the low park for the day - Disney can offer more FP+ to get people in that park. And this could be done day by day. I see a lot of potential here for getting people to the park Disney wants us to go to.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #219
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ruthie
The microchip in your dog does not work the way you seem to think it does. It merely has a number it transmits - the information related to that number identifying your pet is in a large database that shelters, vets, etc.. access.

It's exactly the same way Disney's system will work.
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #220
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I do agree that there is a lot of speculation going on. But Tom Staggs' job in that announcement was to stir up excitement. If potential negatives are coming down the road with this, I wouldn't expect him to fess up at this point.
yes I agree with you..but guessing, at how its all going to turn out is silly waste of time & causing needless stress for alot of people with the 'What ifs' IMHO I think he said over the next year because it hasn't been figured out yet on Disneys end

I have a headache but am taking a wait & see attitudeI have bigger things to worry about
Old 01-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #221
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Stop - Speculation Time! *hammer dance*

Seriously, no more speculation:

Info dump direct from Disney, watch the video in the article:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/priva...fid-wristbands

3 per day, Resort guests not given additional or priority. Ability to give more as the crowds/day dictates, but 3 is the norm. "We believe this should be a benefit to everyone, so everyone will have the same access" - info from Executive VP on the project, speaking directly to camera/reporter. "In Wide Use This Spring."
mousermerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #222
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Stop - Speculation Time! *hammer dance*

Seriously, no more speculation:

Info dump direct from Disney, watch the video in the article:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/priva...fid-wristbands

3 per day, Resort guests not given additional or priority. Ability to give more as the crowds/day dictates, but 3 is the norm. "We believe this should be a benefit to everyone, so everyone will have the same access" - info from Executive VP on the project, speaking directly to camera/reporter. "In Wide Use This Spring."
Wow. I'll keep watching. Thanks for sharing!

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #223
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
The microchip in your dog does not work the way you seem to think it does. It merely has a number it transmits - the information related to that number identifying your pet is in a large database that shelters, vets, etc.. access.

It's exactly the same way Disney's system will work.
I was using thr microchip example because the poster thought if the kid gets lost CMs could scan it & reunite them I know how microchips work have a horse & 7 dogs that have them the database has my info according to Mr Staggs personal info NOT stored so I don't see how its the same anyway we can speculate on everything & it won't change a thing
I only answered you because you were nice enougj to answer me earlier

I am now going back to wait & see what Disney Blog keeps updating
Old 01-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #224
Metsoskil
Citi Field, Rehoboth Beach, and WDW are my 3 favorite places.

In the press release Staggs said that AP holders and those who purchase "photo packages" will get MM+ bands, right? As an AP voucher holder (which I cannot at this time add to MyDisneyExperience online unless I'm missing something), is it possible then that I could purchase a Photopass package (which I intended to do anyway) and have access to FP+ at the 60 day mark?

Or will there be a way to enter vouchers in the future, thus allowing my to take advantage w/ my AP?

We plan on spending 2 weeks in a TS before spending 6 days onsite w/ DVC points.

WDW: Jul '91, May '93, Dec '99, Aug '07, Aug '08, Aug '09, Dec '09, Mar '10, Aug '10, Mar '11, Aug '11, Dec '11, Aug '13, Nov/Dec '13
Disneyland Paris: Aug '12
DCL: Jul '12 Magic NYC Weekend Getaway, Dec '13 Dream 3-night Bahamas
Upcoming Trips: WDW Jul '14, DCL Alaska - Wonder Aug '15
Metsoskil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #225
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ruthie
You're welcome. It is getting hard to sort out the rumors from the facts at this point. I think there are some here who have a little insider information, or maybe insider rumors. Also, it seems like there are a few "at this point" type statements that lead us to read between the lines. As you said, there are alot of unanswered questions at this time, but it has brought up alot of heated discussions!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: