Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #16
sandynd
Rookie Desperado

Thank you so much everyone. I am definitely seeing my doctor (MUCH more often than I ever have - I think this will be my third visit in less than two months, and I probably saw him perhaps once a year before that. I also have a counsellor that I see irregularly and I am trying to get back into her regular schedule right now.

You know, I always thought "Mother's Little Helpers" were amphetimines!

Thanks for everyone's input.
December 1990 - One day in MGM Studios
sandynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #17
mrssmith06
DIS Veteran

I was having horrible panic attacks about 18 mo ago... I was put on paxil and xanax to take as needed. After a few months I no longer needed the xanax. I went off of paxil a couple of months ago though due to the weight gain it has caused and I am now on Prozac and it is working well.

mrssmith06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
sandynd
Rookie Desperado

I had the worst attack so far today while driving in to work. So bad that I actually turned around and went to the hospital thinking maybe this time it was a heart attack. They did an EKG and it was not. But they gave me Clorazepam and have recommended doubling my anti-depressant. The dose of Clorazepam was too much and I have been asleep most of the day, and woke up with a pounding headache. Fortunately I talked to the emergency doc about how I was feeling before I left the hospital, and he halved the dose he wrote my script for. I'll be skipping my doc appt tomorrow and going to see him in a couple of weeks once I see if the increased dose of antidepressants helps. Hopefully I don't have to take more clorazepam - it really knocked my socks off.
December 1990 - One day in MGM Studios
sandynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
tinkerbellfan6880
pixie

I have had panic attacks since 2004. But I learned how to control them after that. I had gone years without having a panic attack until June 1, 2011 when the tornado in Springfield MA. Even though I live in north Central Worchester county it was really scary that day. The panic attacks were so bad that I was throwing up and going to the bathroom because I was so scared.

That lasted for two weeks before I went to see my doctor to get help. My doctor put me on Xanax to help with the panic attacks. Now I am better and only take the Xanax when I need it. I know how you feel because I didn't want to get out of bed or do anything because of the panic attacks affecting me.

2014 Reading Challenge: 42 out of 50 books

2013 Reading Challenge Completed: 92 out of 80 books read!
tinkerbellfan6880 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: