Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Frustrated with how the "official" menus won't pull up on the WDW website...

I'm frustrated in general with the new website, but this is really irritating me. I am trying to investigate menus for our upcoming trip. I have been using Allearsnet but according to recent reviews, some of the menus have changed. For example, Allears has coconut bread pudding listed at Jiko. That ONE item might tip the scales for me and convince me to dine at Jiko again. But, I read a review from someone who went there for the bread pudding and it wasn't even on the menu anymore...as a matter of fact, many of the things they had been hoping to eat had been switched out. I would like to see the official menu (even though I have seen those be outdated in the past, they are a little better, generally). I wonder if the managers at these restaurants realize their menus aren't on the Disney site?

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
Boardwalk529
Mouseketeer

Under "Meal" click on the second dinner listed. For some reason this pulls up the menu. The restaurants sites are very strange since the website was updated...you have to mess around with them quite a bit to view the menus. I wouldn't go to a restaurant based on one dish though, because unless it's a regular item, there's a good chance it will change. The signature restaurants change their menus VERY frequently, and I doubt the website is updated each time.
Boardwalk529 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #3
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
I'm frustrated in general with the new website, but this is really irritating me. I am trying to investigate menus for our upcoming trip. I have been using Allearsnet but according to recent reviews, some of the menus have changed. For example, Allears has coconut bread pudding listed at Jiko. That ONE item might tip the scales for me and convince me to dine at Jiko again. But, I read a review from someone who went there for the bread pudding and it wasn't even on the menu anymore...as a matter of fact, many of the things they had been hoping to eat had been switched out. I would like to see the official menu (even though I have seen those be outdated in the past, they are a little better, generally). I wonder if the managers at these restaurants realize their menus aren't on the Disney site?
Sorry you're having trouble. With a rare exception, I see them fine.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardwalk529 View Post
Under "Meal" click on the second dinner listed. For some reason this pulls up the menu. The restaurants sites are very strange since the website was updated...you have to mess around with them quite a bit to view the menus. I wouldn't go to a restaurant based on one dish though, because unless it's a regular item, there's a good chance it will change. The signature restaurants change their menus VERY frequently, and I doubt the website is updated each time.
Thank you! Glad I mentioned it on the boards as your little trick worked (at least for Jiko)! So, much of my frustration is relieved...

Old 01-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
Sorry you're having trouble. With a rare exception, I see them fine.

Thanks. It has not been a rare thing for me, unfortunately! Many of the menus have been difficult to view (at least for me...I have read stories of the new website giving some folks trouble in one area but not others)!

Old 01-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
MinnieGirl33
Hockey Mom to 2

I still prefer seeing the pdf version of the actual menu as opposed to the data entry list.

MinnieGirl33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minniegirl33 View Post
i still prefer seeing the pdf version of the actual menu as opposed to the data entry list.
agreed!

Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
Belle5
DIS Veteran

I think I figured out part of the problem. One of the menu links gives problems, but if I click on the picture of the restaurant and then go to the menu (book with spoon and fork) symbol the menus do tend to open up...

Last edited by Belle5; 01-09-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
freshmanjs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
I think I figured out part of the problem. One of the menu links gives problems, but if I click on the picture of the restaurant and then go to the menu (book with spoon and fork) symbol the menus do tend to open up...
the menus change often, especially at the signatures, so i would not suggest booking based on one particular menu item.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: