Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #196
doggydoc
It's not a midlife crisis I'm just a car enthusiast.....honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
I don't think so. After all, right now you can't schedule any FPs in advance and plenty of people still park hop.
Yes but they hop with the knowledge that except in in a few cases(TSM, Soarin', etc,) they will be able to get fastpasses. Say I am at MK and have used my 3 FP+'s and want to leave because wait times are getting high and I can't get anymore FP's. I look at my wait times app and see that wait times at other parks have gotten pretty high, I'm not going to hop if I can't get FP's. I just go and do something else in Orlando, there is certainly no lack of options. Due to the FP+ limit Disney has now lost a chance at any dollar I spend the rest of the day. I would also be less likely to buy hoppers, again loss of income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
In fact, the one-park in advance FP+ rule and the fact that current FPs are apparently on the way out and there must be a FP option for at-the-gate ticket buyers and spur-of-the-moment passholders makes me believe that there must be a plan for same-day FP+ reservations.
That's my hope. If the 3 FP+ limit is for ADVANCE scheduling only then this is a definite improvement. It allows for uber-planners to have more control and still lets the non-planners take things as they come. It also leaves me with potential incentive to hop to another park. Say I am at AK and have used my 3 FP+'s. I see on my wait time app lines are long at Epcot, but wait! I see I can get a FP for TT @x:xx pm. Great! That's worth a trip over instead of looking for something to do without a long line.

If the system goes forward as proposed in the discussions here I don't think I would take advantage of it. I just don't think the option of scheduling a parade view or TSM FP is worth it to limit my options the entire trip. Once this is THE FP system I really think I would look at it as a negative when planning future trips. I just can't believe that Disney thinks we would see advance planning as a fair exchange for such a draconian limitation of FP's. I might be more inclined to look favorably if you could choose FP+ day to day. Say use it for 1 MK day for a parade spot, or 1 DHS day for TSM, but no way the entire trip. It's just not worth it.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:57 PM   #197
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Anyone think maybe this will decrease morning lines even more? Hear me out There's a certain group who will never get up in the morning. Even if the only TSMM fp+ time is for 9:30, they'll book it and not make it (I know people like this). Those people are stable. But now people who book afternoon fp+ might assume they can just sleep in when they couldn't before. Meaning even less people in the park early, meaning I can get a lot done. Just I thought that's been circling my brain
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #198
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
Anyone think maybe this will decrease morning lines even more? Hear me out There's a certain group who will never get up in the morning. Even if the only TSMM fp+ time is for 9:30, they'll book it and not make it (I know people like this). Those people are stable. But now people who book afternoon fp+ might assume they can just sleep in when they couldn't before. Meaning even less people in the park early, meaning I can get a lot done. Just I thought that's been circling my brain
One can hope!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #199
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does sound like a great opportunity. But will people be willing to give up one of their 3 so easily? There has been two school of thoughts on the missed fastpass +. 1. If you miss it, you lose it. 2. If you miss it, you can can reschedule for something else available later even if it is after your time. I would think if it was #2, more people would skip FP appointments.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #200
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's what I'm hoping for. Early morning standby line and then book FP+ for afternoon/evening.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #201
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That is my thinking too but we don't want to let our secret out. Lol
reelmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #202
peekies722
Mouseketeer

This whole new system is just so funny to me

We've been vacationing to WDW twice a year for the past 9years, ever since my DD12 was 3. In those early years, I planned and planned and planned. Making sure we got everything in, often feeling like we needed a vacation after our vacation. One, because I didn't want my DD to miss out on anything, and secondly, we were paying so much money I wanted the most bang for my buck.

As time went by, the planning became less and less. So much so that in recent visits, we really just take our time and enjoy just going with the flow....so now what, I gotta go back to planning?!?!
Heck no!

I think our visits to WDW are numbered, the kids are outgrowing the magic(they could care less if a CM said their name or Happy Birthday to them as they walk by). They've been asking to go to Universal for the past couple of years. They loved Disney's Hilton Head Resort more than WDW (I know, that's crazy) and to top it all off it seems like your paying more and getting less and less at WDW. We've noticed many changes to that effect, this wristband gig is just one more thing that's making us move on to bigger and better.

Last edited by peekies722; 01-09-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: my math stinks
peekies722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #203
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
That's what I'm hoping for. Early morning standby line and then book FP+ for afternoon/evening.
You and everybody else!

I wonder who's going to take those 9 AM slots. I wake early by nature, so it's not hard for me to be there for rope drop. But I'm still not taking the early slots. Too many short lines to take advantage of to run around keeping appointments.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #204
karensi
Taking grandchildren to WDW will be a magical experience!

Grrrr, sorry, sooo confused....So we have our tickets, purchased from UT. We are going in April. Will we be able to do the FP+ before we leave for WDW with our UT tickets? We are not staying on site.

Thanks,

Karen
Old 01-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #205
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by karensi
Grrrr, sorry, sooo confused....So we have our tickets, purchased from UT. We are going in April. Will we be able to do the FP+ before we leave for WDW with our UT tickets? We are not staying on site.

Thanks,

Karen
We are buying AP.. So this is my question too.. Since we have to buy vouchers, then exchange them for the AP pass when we arrive

Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:39 PM   #206
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Question no offense to any posters here but

Until I can see for myself something from the Disney Co (Tom Staggs, Meg Crofton, etc) in my mind this is all speculation hearsay & rumor ie-no more EMH all the info re-day guests on site vs offsite on and on

I don't have a smart phone I phone whatever so can't access an app

I would like someone to please post a link to a Disney announcement (straight from the horses mouth) Like I said no offense to anyone I just like to see things for myself

Thanks

A Story of Hope & The Power of Dis<---small update MON 09/08
Luvchefmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:56 PM   #207
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Right? I have been so adamant about FP+ with no other FP option being such a bad idea that I even sent an email to Disney. Then another poster on one of these threads said to book your FP+ times for later, then get up early and hit the rides while the lines are still shorter. Now that is spinning in my head and I'm thinking we could make this work for us without running all over the park for the FP's. Or maybe their clever marketing is getting to me!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #208
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Until I can see for myself something from the Disney Co (Tom Staggs, Meg Crofton, etc) in my mind this is all speculation hearsay & rumor ie-no more EMH all the info re-day guests on site vs offsite on and on

I would like someone to please post a link to a Disney announcement (straight from the horses mouth) Like I said no offense to anyone I just like to see things for myself

Thanks
This is the official post I have seen so far - from the Disney website:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...he-next-level/
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #209
ses1230
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic

Thanks
The general announcement was made by Tom Staggs on the Disney Parks Blog on Monday.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #210
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
The general announcement was made by Tom Staggs on the Disney Parks Blog on Monday.
Really?! Ah!

angelmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: