Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #16
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishijb View Post
As a first time cruiser, I am curious what kind of changes you make after reserving your cruise. I reserved my trip through DCL and it was my understanding that if I transferred my reservation to a TA, that I would still have access to my reservation in the DCL website to make on-board reservations, sign the kids up for the kids club, and make excursion reservations... Is this correct?
I believe you only have access to your reservation in the DCL website AFTER you make full payment if using an agent. I should add that I still booked on Costco travel after my sister told me she used Costco Travel for a multi-generational family reunion cruise to Alaska (not Disney) with her husband's family and they had issues (with some of the excursions) and he will never book through Costco Travel again. We have only 1 stop in Cozumel and I don't even know that we will book an excursion so I felt OK w/ not having an agent's help.
madelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #17
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelyn View Post
I believe you only have access to your reservation in the DCL website AFTER you make full payment if using an agent. I should add that I still booked on Costco travel after my sister told me she used Costco Travel for a multi-generational family reunion cruise to Alaska (not Disney) with her husband's family and they had issues (with some of the excursions) and he will never book through Costco Travel again. We have only 1 stop in Cozumel and I don't even know that we will book an excursion so I felt OK w/ not having an agent's help.
Hmmm....not sure what you mean about access to your reservation after PIF with an agent? I am booked through Dreams Unlimited and I can pull up both of my reservations on the DCL website. If you mean book excursions and make Palo/Remy reservations then "no" you can't access those until you are PIF and your booking window opens but that is the case whether you have a TA or not. As a first time cruiser you will be able to make reservations for Palo/Remy and book excursions at 75 days out IF you are paid in full.
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #18
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Yes, sorry, wasn't clear. Yes, meant couldn't book reservations/excursions until paid in full. But is that true for any reservation even if you book directly w/ DCL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
Hmmm....not sure what you mean about access to your reservation after PIF with an agent? I am booked through Dreams Unlimited and I can pull up both of my reservations on the DCL website. If you mean book excursions and make Palo/Remy reservations then "no" you can't access those until you are PIF and your booking window opens but that is the case whether you have a TA or not. As a first time cruiser you will be able to make reservations for Palo/Remy and book excursions at 75 days out IF you are paid in full.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #19
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, sorry, wasn't clear. Yes, meant couldn't book reservations/excursions until paid in full. But is that true for any reservation even if you book directly w/ DCL?

Yes, that is true no matter how you book. DCL will not let you book excursions/reservations until you have paid in full and your booking window opens. For first time cruisers if you have paid in full, then at 75 days before your sail date the booking window opens and you can book any reservations and excursion through DCL. Some people go online at midnight to book excursions/reservations to ensure they get them. Platinum members get to book at 120 days out/gold is 105/silver is 90 and as I said before, new cruisers is 75 days out. Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #20
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Thanks, you have been very helpful. I just booked yesterday through Costco but did not think until reading your post that I would be able to retrieve our cruise reservation on the Disney Cruise website. Sure enough, on the .pdf file emailed to me from Costco Travel was a reservation number that I used to retrieve our cruise reservations. Was quite reassuring to me to be able to verify our reservations really are there. The description of the cruise from Costco calls it an "Alaskan" cruise even though it is leaves from Galveston and now the cruise we booked isn't even available on the Costco Travel site for some reason. We have additional family members considering booking the same cruise. Guess all of this could have been avoided by not booking through Costco!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweis View Post
Yes, that is true no matter how you book. DCL will not let you book excursions/reservations until you have paid in full and your booking window opens. For first time cruisers if you have paid in full, then at 75 days before your sail date the booking window opens and you can book any reservations and excursion through DCL. Some people go online at midnight to book excursions/reservations to ensure they get them. Platinum members get to book at 120 days out/gold is 105/silver is 90 and as I said before, new cruisers is 75 days out. Hope this helps.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #21
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, you have been very helpful. I just booked yesterday through Costco but did not think until reading your post that I would be able to retrieve our cruise reservation on the Disney Cruise website. Sure enough, on the .pdf file emailed to me from Costco Travel was a reservation number that I used to retrieve our cruise reservations. Was quite reassuring to me to be able to verify our reservations really are there. The description of the cruise from Costco calls it an "Alaskan" cruise even though it is leaves from Galveston and now the cruise we booked isn't even available on the Costco Travel site for some reason. We have additional family members considering booking the same cruise. Guess all of this could have been avoided by not booking through Costco!
I'm glad I could help. I love being able to go to the DCL website and look at my reservations- it keeps me sane!

Does the itinerary and everything else appear to be correct on the DCL website? Because thats the important thing, that it be right on their site. I know nothing about booking through costcotravel.com but so far I have only had a good experience with Dreams Unlimited and the the onboard credit I am receiving is a huge bonus. I am not a Costco member so a giftcard from there is no use to me but $275 onboard credit will certainly help me pay for excursions/alcohol/adult dining/gratuities. Maybe the other members of your family could book the same cruise but through a different agent since it is not being offered by costcotravel.com anymore.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #22
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
.... The description of the cruise from Costco calls it an "Alaskan" cruise even though it is leaves from Galveston and now the cruise we booked isn't even available on the Costco Travel site for some reason.
Does it show the proper itinerary? Perhaps you sister is wise?
I'd verify they booked the correct itinerary.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #23
madelyn
DIS Veteran

Yeah, it is the right itinerary. My older sister, so yes, she is wiser than I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Does it show the proper itinerary? Perhaps you sister is wise?
I'd verify they booked the correct itinerary.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: