Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #11
doggydoc
It's not a midlife crisis I'm just a car enthusiast.....honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
I don't think so. After all, right now you can't schedule any FPs in advance and plenty of people still park hop.
Yes but they hop with the knowledge that except in in a few cases(TSM, Soarin', etc,) they will be able to get fastpasses. Say I am at MK and have used my 3 FP+'s and want to leave because wait times are getting high and I can't get anymore FP's. I look at my wait times app and see that wait times at other parks have gotten pretty high, I'm not going to hop if I can't get FP's. I just go and do something else in Orlando, there is certainly no lack of options. Due to the FP+ limit Disney has now lost a chance at any dollar I spend the rest of the day. I would also be less likely to buy hoppers, again loss of income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
In fact, the one-park in advance FP+ rule and the fact that current FPs are apparently on the way out and there must be a FP option for at-the-gate ticket buyers and spur-of-the-moment passholders makes me believe that there must be a plan for same-day FP+ reservations.
That's my hope. If the 3 FP+ limit is for ADVANCE scheduling only then this is a definite improvement. It allows for uber-planners to have more control and still lets the non-planners take things as they come. It also leaves me with potential incentive to hop to another park. Say I am at AK and have used my 3 FP+'s. I see on my wait time app lines are long at Epcot, but wait! I see I can get a FP for TT @x:xx pm. Great! That's worth a trip over instead of looking for something to do without a long line.

If the system goes forward as proposed in the discussions here I don't think I would take advantage of it. I just don't think the option of scheduling a parade view or TSM FP is worth it to limit my options the entire trip. Once this is THE FP system I really think I would look at it as a negative when planning future trips. I just can't believe that Disney thinks we would see advance planning as a fair exchange for such a draconian limitation of FP's. I might be more inclined to look favorably if you could choose FP+ day to day. Say use it for 1 MK day for a parade spot, or 1 DHS day for TSM, but no way the entire trip. It's just not worth it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: