Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
suncat73
Mouseketeer

Best place (outside of park) for stroller rental

I know there are so many out there. I want somewhere that will deliver to hotel - obviously. And has double side-by-side options. Also with good storage for "stuff" underneath that is easy to get to!

What are your favorties and why?

suncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Happyjen27
DIS Veteran

I went with Orlando Stroller Rental and was very happy I did. They delivered to the hotel, they worked with me when I was trying to figure out how to close the dang thing. They also extended my drop off time from 11AM to 7PM so I could use the stroller our last day in the park--for free!!

I'm a tough customer, and they really earned my respect.

Dec 2012: Polynesian, my first trip
Dec 2013: Contemporary
2014: 2 Non-Disney trips planned, going to wait and see how this whole FP+ thing shakes out.
Happyjen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

We always rent from Orlando Stroller Rentals because they are one of Disney's preffered stroller vendors. They can drop it off and have it waiting at Bell Services for you when you arrive. Right before you leave, you drop your stroller off at Bell Services and they pick it up. It works great for us. If you rent from a non-prefered stroller company, you have to actually be there to drop off and pick up the stroller from a person at the company...(Disney won't hold it for you). So you may have to actually wait around to met someone at the begining and end of your trip. I think there are a few other companies that are prefered but I don't know which ones.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #4
gatorboardgirl
Earning My Ears

Just curious when did this preferred thing go into effect, because i just recently rented from BRU travel rentals and was able to pick it up and drop it off at the luggage room. I guess this means they are a preferred company as well?
gatorboardgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #5
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure when it went into effect, but it was defintely in effect in November of last year. I think Disney has 3-4 preffered vendors and Disney takes a percentage of their fee for them to be prefered.

The reason I know about this is because my mom rented a scooter from a company that was not preferred. Her Magical Express left at 5 a.m. We asked if we could leave the scooter with bell services until the company could pick it up at 8 a.m. They said no, they could only handle strollers and scooters from preffered vendors. My magical express didn't depart until later that day so I meet her and took the scooter back to my room. When I meet the guy from the company, I asked him about it. He is the one that told me Disney takes a percentage of the fee. He said he would love to be a preffered vendor but they only offer it to a couple of companies. I do rent a stroller for my DD, but I always use Orlando Stroller Rentals, which is a preffered vendor. No issues there. It was a pain to meet the scooter guy both when we got there and before we left. Next time, we will use a prefered vendor for both.

I have no idea if BRU is considered preferred.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #6
lgjjp
Mouseketeer

I believe that is for scooters only. Not so for strollers. We rented a double city mini for our dec trip and it was waiting for us when we arrived ( earlier than we had requested) and we dropped it off the night before we left at luggage services so we didn't have to deal with it in the morning. We rented from kingdom strollers and I don't believe they are one of the preferred venders
Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgjjp View Post
I believe that is for scooters only. Not so for strollers. We rented a double city mini for our dec trip and it was waiting for us when we arrived ( earlier than we had requested) and we dropped it off the night before we left at luggage services so we didn't have to deal with it in the morning. We rented from kingdom strollers and I don't believe they are one of the preferred venders
It could be only for scooters, but the guy at Bell Services indicated that they could not handle scooters or strollers except from prefered vendors. I remember this specifically.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #8
Kemorr
Mouseketeer

We rented from Discount Stroller Rentals, who I'm guessing aren't preferred and we didn't have to be there for drop off or pick up in Sept/Oct of last year. The bell guy just asked us who we rented from and went to get our stroller when we checked in. Also, I have booked through them again for Oct of thisnyear and theybhave specifically stated drop off/pick up at bell services, our presence not required.

OP - I was very happy with them and the stroller (City Mini sbs double).
Kemorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #9
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

If you are traveling before 11/15/2013 and can book by 2/28 then Apple Scooter rental has the BEST rates for double mini that you will find...free! All you pay is $5/day for insurance. Others have posted this deal...apparently the company is trying to get the word out (scooter company now renting strollers).

http://applescooter.com/Stroller.asp...&Site=Stroller
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
mimommy77
Earning My Ears

We used Magic Strollers and had a great experience.
mimommy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #11
Aubrey G
Earning My Ears

There are lots of companies. We used P&K Family rentals because they carry
Valco strollers. They are the best! Every other company uses city mini. They also rent car seats which was nice renting them both. we have used them twice now and both times have been great. They let us keep our rental an extra day.
Aubrey G is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: