Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #1501
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
Pas What can you tell me about RPR? I know were going to be in tower 2 in the doggy section. We will probably have a crappy view and location, but that's ok. Can you tell me about the pool. How are the drinks 15 dollars like the Hardrock. Do they have activities and games for the kids? What do you do for a quick breakfast if your not staying CL? Have you tried the breakfast buffet? I have heard good things about it. How long is the walk to city walk? I think that its.

I tried not to split, but I couldn't control myself. We are know doing a WL/YC split. Why no Poly you ask? I am tying to keep cost down. This is not the last trip before Ap expires. I'm thinking Poly Cl/ BW CL in Sept for our short end of the Ap trip in September. Or is it? My dh would like to get Ap's again if he gets his job back in Phoenix.

I don't think I'm done with this trip. It just doesn't feel quite right yet. I'm sure you know what I mean.
RPR is wonderful, both trips we stayed Tower 3 (the CL is tower 3) it's not huge so I don't think you'll have a crappy view..the pool has no slide, so your boys might want to pool hop over to HRH. but it's a large pool with games and activities for the kiddos...YES drinks by the pool are cha-ching Honestly, I drove and picked up BK and McDs for breakfast. We also did IHOP..sorry I can't help...for our trip this year I told hubs CL is a must because of breakfast and drinks...being there's no fridge..so much easier to have the lounge. The kids club opens during the day, and when the weather isnt great as well. They have movies and popcorn, frozen grapes, lemonade/water . Plus Wii and arts and crafts...toys too but they're geared toward little ones. I think air hockey and ping pong. It's in the Mariner's club right by the pool. We walked once from IoA to RPR, but at the end of the day...carrying DS4 So we mostly did the boat...it's a shorter walk than PBH though!
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #1502
pas130
DIS Veteran
 
pas130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,366

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Janet is trying to decide where to eat at AK (of course I had to ask her about her first meal!) Will it be FTB or a meal with a cocktail to toast Sarah at Y&Y or maybe a meal with a little character at TH? (they have cocktails, too) She is off to POR now! I'm getting hungry so off to make some spring break ADRs I go


BTW, I'm looking at April too now...but our spring break is the following week..so I need to stick with August
__________________
Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #1503
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Good morning, ladies!

I_Heart: Welcome back! Thanks about Miss M. We've got a new home for the Orange Bird on our pin board in our kitchen, thanks again... it's hilarious, she asked roughly the same question about the Orange Bird! Wish I had come up with "Disney Magic" as the reply. Yikes about being locked out... glad you're back in the warmth.

Janet and Linda: We are all living vicariously through you. But you already know this...

Kook: for a new trip! ADRs... hmmm.

DznyCrzy11: So, has the YC bug bit you yet? We're trying, aren't we?

Jen: You know, I think we'll probably wind up back at BC for this next trip. (But I won't go into it being a whole year away... ) Jen, you and me both... Disney HAS ruined us. I view this as a good thing though. We were actually talking about going somewhere this summer but since it's not going to be Disney, I can't get enthusiastic at all.

Marie: How did dinner turn out? I'm sure it was yumm-o!

Dreamcruiser: Glad you're all set with the sis... and you both love it there so it sounds perfect.

Candace: Dancin' with ya!

Padawans: We know exactly what you mean.

DetTigsGal: Very cool about your band getting mentioned!

Pas: Okay... I've got to get more of this out now: Are you suuuuuure no April?!

Christine: Did you catch the premiere of Downton Abbey?!

---------------------------

Okay, so here's the scoop... well, at least the "As We Know It Now" scoop -- and we all know how those scoops go (right out the window).

How does this sound? ...

We're going to do a similar trip to this past one, so looking at January 2014. We'll be arriving on the 2nd and leaving on the 6th, keeping Miss M out of the first day back at school. I'm hoping we won't feel too guilty about her missing the first day back after Christmas break but they really don't seem to do much that first day anyway. Right? I need some reassurance (a.k.a. "enabling" ) here. Our reasoning for keeping her out one day after Christmas break is two-fold: it would be instead of going for Halloween and having to keep her out multiple days shortly after school started and we could get cheaper flights coming back on Monday, hopefully.

We'd do nothing on the 2nd, then Epcot, HS and MK on our last day, flying out the following day.

We'd probably stay at BC this go, though hubs said he liked the serenity of YC this time and the BC was far-and-away much busier right after New Years so that's up in the air. (Splitting hairs if you ask me.)
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:49 AM   #1504
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,242

Hot off the presses! Our very own Linda (Grumpy Grandma) and Janet (Janet B) are at POR awaiting climate controlled motor coach transport to AK... (Is that big bag on the floor going with them?)

WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #1505
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
[CENTER]Hot off the presses! Our very own Linda (Grumpy Grandma) and Janet (Janet B) are at POR awaiting climate controlled motor coach transport to AK... (Is that big bag on the floor going with them?)
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Thanks for posting the pic, Kook.

Now, just where are they going to go and get sustenance? Will they go on Everest? Will they be regretting eating lunch beforehand? We anxiously await an update...
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #1506
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”
 
pumba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 24,909
DISboards Moderator

I cant believe that I could be a resort changer too...but ...I know we are..one year we were going to go to Movies and we changed to Port Orleans FQ...then we made ressies one year for FQ and ended up going to Pop...Now we have reservations for ALL Star Movies and we just checked Riverside...
Maybe we should wait and see if the AP rates give us anything great...we are going with our granddaughter and her fiance...Also with the TIW card ...French Quarter doesnt accept them...

I will keep on checking "other resorts"..
we have been to Disney probably close to 26 or more times...we have stayed at Port Orleans and the old Dixie Landings..and Port Orleans French Quarter (changed names) and Pop a few times and All star resorts quite a few times...and The Dolphin four or so times...
SO I need a group therapy I think
__________________


pumba is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #1507
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran
 
Missoutandabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chicagoland, IL
Posts: 2,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
SO I need a group therapy I think
You've come to the right place! We tend to oscillate between therapists and enablers here.
Missoutandabout is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #1508
chimo2u
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
I know how you feel about the vacation thinking. As much as people complain about Disney's prices, I think that the experience gives us the most bang for our buck. DH has been pushing hard for some other non Disney vacation....namely Hawaii or Germany....or Greece

Well, I started pricing things out and researching and he saw that we could have a week and a half at the Grand Flo for just the cost of airfare!!!

Of course, I'm sure it could be done cheaper depending on travel times, but we really feel like we get the full experience at Disney. We kind of agreed that Disney it will be until we really feel like we need to go somewhere else. We will be looking into Atlantis though....the kids got really stoked about that option!
Hi Candace!

I saw a ad on TV last night for Atlantis, and it got my gears rolling -- perhaps a winter trip/ or a christmas trip to there might be interesting! it looks like all inclusive family fun! My oldest son will be 21 in June, so don't know how he'd feel about tagging along on another family trip, but if it is the bahamas-- hey, who'd want to forgo a trip to the bahama's???? I agree with you 100% -- nothing seems as good to me as Disney. Well, now my DH will disagree, he can only handle it every 4-5 yrs or so, or it gets old to him....but I love it. I did learn this last October trip though that it IS the people you are with who make it or break it.....and I think once I don't have someone to share the experience with, it might get old to me too -- but, at least for 2 more trips, I am hoping to have the same love and excitement. As I mentioned, I haven't been to DL in 23 yrs....lots has changed, and if I bring my DS16 and his best friend, I think we could still have a blast trying all the new DL stuff...... and it wouldn't be too long of a trip -- only a week, so DH would be fine home with our oldest DS and the cat Then I'd like to take DS then 17 and his GF to the world one more time for a GRAD trip -- most likely Jan 2015..... after that, my trips will have to have my Dis friends to keep me excited because I think my family will be all Disney'd out except ME!!!!
Disney sure has me spoiled though for the all inclusive feel!

My Pork loin turned out great! with the string holding it all together, it cooked well and the stuffing stayed in. I will take my time butterflying it next time, I watched the video online again so I know where I went wrong! LOL

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!!!!
__________________
Thanks Kook


Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
chimo2u is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #1509
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
[CENTER]Hot off the presses! Our very own Linda (Grumpy Grandma) and Janet (Janet B) are at POR awaiting climate controlled motor coach transport to AK... (Is that big bag on the floor going with them?)
Thanks for the great photo, Kook! Hope they have a fabulous day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Thanks for posting the pic, Kook.

Now, just where are they going to go and get sustenance? Will they go on Everest? Will they be regretting eating lunch beforehand? We anxiously await an update...
I was wondering what they were going to do today, too. Bet they will have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
I cant believe that I could be a resort changer too...but ...I know we are..one year we were going to go to Movies and we changed to Port Orleans FQ...then we made ressies one year for FQ and ended up going to Pop...Now we have reservations for ALL Star Movies and we just checked Riverside...
Maybe we should wait and see if the AP rates give us anything great...we are going with our granddaughter and her fiance...Also with the TIW card ...French Quarter doesnt accept them...

I will keep on checking "other resorts"..
we have been to Disney probably close to 26 or more times...we have stayed at Port Orleans and the old Dixie Landings..and Port Orleans French Quarter (changed names) and Pop a few times and All star resorts quite a few times...and The Dolphin four or so times...
SO I need a group therapy I think
Hi Pumba, We totally understand indecision. It's a regular part of of our vacation planning experience.
You have some great ideas, fingers crossed you get some very nice rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
You've come to the right place! We tend to oscillate between therapists and enablers here.
Hey Missout, You have described us to a T.



Hi Marie, It's fun following along with your trip planning. Your dinner sounded delicious!
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #1510
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Thanks for the picture Kook! Yay and now I know what another RCer looks like!! Linda, you don't look like a grumpy grandma at all! Thanks for checking in with us!

Marie: We too may be planning for DL in the next couple of years too! I admit I may have been lurking on the DL website checking things out!

Ginny:

Miss: I like your plans, and I do agree that the kiddos don't do much the first day back after break. When you figure out a good summer holiday destination where we don't have to make beds, cook or worry about the kids having fun you let me know!!

Pumba: You are definitely in the right place! However I think we all lean more to the enablers side !

On a side note, DH's grandmother (94 years old) is close to the end of her life right now, she is in a home. She has phenumonia, is on oxygen, and morphine. They have told DH's aunt (who we are very close to) that she will not be getting better this time. So....big family drama getting ready to explode over here. MIL does not only not speak to us, but hasn't spoken to the aunt(her sis) in 10 years either. The aunt has been the primary cargiver and support for the grandmother, and it is just going to be very messy and upsetting for everyone including DH. Families....yikes.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #1511
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,773

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post

On a side note, DH's grandmother (94 years old) is close to the end of her life right now, she is in a home. She has phenumonia, is on oxygen, and morphine. They have told DH's aunt (who we are very close to) that she will not be getting better this time. So....big family drama getting ready to explode over here. MIL does not only not speak to us, but hasn't spoken to the aunt(her sis) in 10 years either. The aunt has been the primary cargiver and support for the grandmother, and it is just going to be very messy and upsetting for everyone including DH. Families....yikes.
Jenny, I will keep your family in my prayers. That whole not speaking thing, so sad. It causes so much unnecessary stress. Sending you hugs.
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #1512
padawans
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
RPR is wonderful, both trips we stayed Tower 3 (the CL is tower 3) it's not huge so I don't think you'll have a crappy view..the pool has no slide, so your boys might want to pool hop over to HRH. but it's a large pool with games and activities for the kiddos...YES drinks by the pool are cha-ching Honestly, I drove and picked up BK and McDs for breakfast. We also did IHOP..sorry I can't help...for our trip this year I told hubs CL is a must because of breakfast and drinks...being there's no fridge..so much easier to have the lounge. The kids club opens during the day, and when the weather isnt great as well. They have movies and popcorn, frozen grapes, lemonade/water . Plus Wii and arts and crafts...toys too but they're geared toward little ones. I think air hockey and ping pong. It's in the Mariner's club right by the pool. We walked once from IoA to RPR, but at the end of the day...carrying DS4 So we mostly did the boat...it's a shorter walk than PBH though!
Thanks for the info. My kids never use the slides anymore. They like playing volleyball at the BC. I think RPR pool has a volleyball net. They like ping pong and air hockey. My oldest also likes to sit in the bar and watch sports. We have gotten good at making our own drinks in the room. I am a big fan of diet lemonade and vodka. I take it to the pool in a Mickey cup. I do like the occasional pool bar drink. Disney prices are actually better than Universal when it comes to alcoholic beverages. I'm going to have to locate the Whole Foods when we get to Orlando. Were going to have to stock up on some healthy snacks and breakfast bars. I'm trying hard not to break down and book Cl.
padawans is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #1513
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran
 
jennyjinx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: canada
Posts: 4,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
Jenny, I will keep your family in my prayers. That whole not speaking thing, so sad. It causes so much unnecessary stress. Sending you hugs.
Thank you Ginny, it really is very sad and such a shame.
__________________
me and DH DD10, DD8, DD6 Thanks Kook!
jennyjinx3 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #1514
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 603

Jenny~ thoughts and prayers are with you. I,too, know all about family drama...
__________________
Me DHDS19 DS15
DL Off-Site - 1968, 1980
WDW Off-Ste - 1972, 1984, 1989, 2002
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
DetTigsGal is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #1515
i_heart_the_mouse
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
---------------------------

Okay, so here's the scoop... well, at least the "As We Know It Now" scoop -- and we all know how those scoops go (right out the window).

How does this sound? ...

We're going to do a similar trip to this past one, so looking at January 2014. We'll be arriving on the 2nd and leaving on the 6th, keeping Miss M out of the first day back at school. I'm hoping we won't feel too guilty about her missing the first day back after Christmas break but they really don't seem to do much that first day anyway. Right? I need some reassurance (a.k.a. "enabling" ) here. Our reasoning for keeping her out one day after Christmas break is two-fold: it would be instead of going for Halloween and having to keep her out multiple days shortly after school started and we could get cheaper flights coming back on Monday, hopefully.

We'd do nothing on the 2nd, then Epcot, HS and MK on our last day, flying out the following day.

We'd probably stay at BC this go, though hubs said he liked the serenity of YC this time and the BC was far-and-away much busier right after New Years so that's up in the air. (Splitting hairs if you ask me.)
Sounds like a great plan to me! My boys missed the first day back this year. No big deal to me. Of course last year I pulled them for 8 days over 2 trips so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
[CENTER]Hot off the presses! Our very own Linda (Grumpy Grandma) and Janet (Janet B) are at POR awaiting climate controlled motor coach transport to AK... (Is that big bag on the floor going with them?)
Great pic! Thanks for the update Janet and GG you ladies look lovely Have a great AK day

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
I cant believe that I could be a resort changer too...but ...I know we are..one year we were going to go to Movies and we changed to Port Orleans FQ...then we made ressies one year for FQ and ended up going to Pop...Now we have reservations for ALL Star Movies and we just checked Riverside...
Maybe we should wait and see if the AP rates give us anything great...we are going with our granddaughter and her fiance...Also with the TIW card ...French Quarter doesnt accept them...

I will keep on checking "other resorts"..
we have been to Disney probably close to 26 or more times...we have stayed at Port Orleans and the old Dixie Landings..and Port Orleans French Quarter (changed names) and Pop a few times and All star resorts quite a few times...and The Dolphin four or so times...
SO I need a group therapy I think
Yep, you belong here. Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi Candace!

I saw a ad on TV last night for Atlantis, and it got my gears rolling -- perhaps a winter trip/ or a christmas trip to there might be interesting! it looks like all inclusive family fun! My oldest son will be 21 in June, so don't know how he'd feel about tagging along on another family trip, but if it is the bahamas-- hey, who'd want to forgo a trip to the bahama's???? I agree with you 100% -- nothing seems as good to me as Disney. Well, now my DH will disagree, he can only handle it every 4-5 yrs or so, or it gets old to him....but I love it. I did learn this last October trip though that it IS the people you are with who make it or break it.....and I think once I don't have someone to share the experience with, it might get old to me too -- but, at least for 2 more trips, I am hoping to have the same love and excitement. As I mentioned, I haven't been to DL in 23 yrs....lots has changed, and if I bring my DS16 and his best friend, I think we could still have a blast trying all the new DL stuff...... and it wouldn't be too long of a trip -- only a week, so DH would be fine home with our oldest DS and the cat Then I'd like to take DS then 17 and his GF to the world one more time for a GRAD trip -- most likely Jan 2015..... after that, my trips will have to have my Dis friends to keep me excited because I think my family will be all Disney'd out except ME!!!!
Disney sure has me spoiled though for the all inclusive feel!

My Pork loin turned out great! with the string holding it all together, it cooked well and the stuffing stayed in. I will take my time butterflying it next time, I watched the video online again so I know where I went wrong! LOL

Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!!!!
Yay for great pork loin. Now I'm hungry!

Maybe if your family gets Disney'd out you can join up with the Divas that GG talks about. Sounds like fun to me

Atlantis looks interesting to me, but I hear the food is over the top expensive. I'd be afraid my boys would break the bank there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Thanks for the picture Kook! Yay and now I know what another RCer looks like!! Linda, you don't look like a grumpy grandma at all! Thanks for checking in with us!

Marie: We too may be planning for DL in the next couple of years too! I admit I may have been lurking on the DL website checking things out!

Ginny:

Miss: I like your plans, and I do agree that the kiddos don't do much the first day back after break. When you figure out a good summer holiday destination where we don't have to make beds, cook or worry about the kids having fun you let me know!!

Pumba: You are definitely in the right place! However I think we all lean more to the enablers side !

On a side note, DH's grandmother (94 years old) is close to the end of her life right now, she is in a home. She has phenumonia, is on oxygen, and morphine. They have told DH's aunt (who we are very close to) that she will not be getting better this time. So....big family drama getting ready to explode over here. MIL does not only not speak to us, but hasn't spoken to the aunt(her sis) in 10 years either. The aunt has been the primary cargiver and support for the grandmother, and it is just going to be very messy and upsetting for everyone including DH. Families....yikes.
Wish I knew what to say here. At least I can offer this I'll be keeping you family in my thoughts Jenny.
__________________
(Me) (DH) (DS 10) (DS 9)(DS 7)(DD 2)
Feb 09-FW Cabins, Jan 10-Poly,Nov 10-Poly & MVMCP, Sep 11-BC-CL & MNSSHP, Jan 12-Poly-CL, Jun 12-YC-CL/GF-RPC/BWI-CL/CR-CL, Aug 12-Poly-TPV-CL, Jan 13-Poly/YC-CL, Apr 13-YC-CL, Aug 13-Poly-CL/BC-CL/AKV, Dec 13 -VGF/YC Mar 14 - BC Next Up.... AKV/Poly CL/BWI Split!




.
i_heart_the_mouse is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.