Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #1276
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKASnowWhite View Post
<sigh> Lots of ugly happening in my life these days. Deaths, family struggles, car accidents (no injuries, thankfully). Stuff that collectively has really been a major downer!

Good news? Two things. First, I didn't gain any weight thru the holidays and even better? In 2 days I leave for WDW. Stephen is running the Mickey marathon. I'm spectating this time around.

Also in the good news front - I'm doing well on my Princess training. I've really slowed my running pace but it seems like I've found a pace my hip can be content with.


Kelly -

Meg - wedding stories. please.

Lisa - hope you had a great trip!

Liz - Congrats on getting that first semester under your belt!
Nancy!

First I'm so sorry about the first part. When you write anything difficult or stressful - well I know it's really difficult - because you're not me with your words and such. I'm so sorry. Especially about the deaths.

And I don't think I've missed you but have a wonderful time at WDW. Enjoy your time together and I hope he has a great race!

______________________________

My holiday was awful. I'm starting a TR to wipe off the ugly. But I'll try to get back here. And even though it was totally frustrating and I never thought a poor WDW trip was possible - well please know I know it's nothing in the scheme of life. In fact, I just saw a picture of my brother on FB that shook me like - can't even say - I actually wondered if I had the wrong person - if it really wasn't him - -of course it was - unfortunately.

He spent Christmas in Colombia - I'm very happy about that - simply LIVING.

My TR is here - http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post47133843

____________________________

Love to all!

Happy New Year everyone.

Liz, love having you here.

Tell Cutie - if you guys are talking to her - that one I owe her an email and two - I miss her so much.
__________________

Last edited by lisaviolet; 01-09-2013 at 11:56 AM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #1277
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGalUK View Post
She has her mastectomy on Thursday - I can't believe how quickly it's come around. We are running around getting everything ready for when she comes home and just taking it day by day.

Oh, and my friend I was going to meet up with - she bailed.

Love to all.
Crap on the friend Kelly. Well that came out weird - but you know what I mean.

And I hope that her trip home is soon and that everything goes as well as possible.
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #1278
poppinspal
DIS Veteran
 
poppinspal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: a little north of Boston
Posts: 955

Ok just a quick check before bootcamp. I hated December, I'm pretty sure at times I hate myself. I was not handling things well at all. I'm pulling myself out and every day I'm feeling a bit better but December was definitely a month where I wasn't dealing with anything.

So I am back. I'm going to share the few positives that came from the month, check up on you guys AND... finally start my trip report. That is after I go get my butt kicked for an hour.

Love to you all.
__________________
Megan Missing the mickey bars and Everest.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #1279
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,649

Hi Megan. So sorry that it's been awful. I do want to talk to you about your job and such and some thoughts I've been having for you - when my head is in the right place.

And can't wait to hear about the wedding.

_________________________

Awful night.

My brother is home from Colombia. He came home earlier than he thought.

Comedy of errors. I didn't get news that I was supposed to (weird long story where someone thinks I did sort of issue). He took a turn for the worse. He was only diagnosed in August. He's very low in weight. More to say but I just can't.

My mom is declining but totally giving moments of smiling. She's always on my teeth. And says they're lovely. And then I went "oh thanks Mom - but they're not so white".

So then she takes a pause and YELLS YELLS

THEY'RE WHITE ENOUGH!!!

Alrighty then.

Last night - I said so what are watching Mom after there was a long pause with no speech where I said "Are you really ignoring your daughter for the TV?". Really?????

And she says "I'm watching the Academy Awards".

Priceless. I said "that's nice months early - lucky you!"

And she laughs and laughs.

She's in a good space. And we're not. And that's how it goes.

___________________________________

Kelly, hope she's home.
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #1280
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,649

Nancy, you're in my thoughts.
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #1281
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!
 
DisneyGalUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In a Yellow Submarine
Posts: 1,337

Well my mum is in surgery, had been for an hour now. We are just waiting for the call to say we can go to pick her up or if she'll be in overnight.

She really wants to come home today. Why you ask? Because the new series of NCIS starts over here tomorrow and in her words she wants to be 'settled at home for it'!!
__________________
DisneyGalUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #1282
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,649

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGalUK View Post
Well my mum is in surgery, had been for an hour now. We are just waiting for the call to say we can go to pick her up or if she'll be in overnight.

She really wants to come home today. Why you ask? Because the new series of NCIS starts over here tomorrow and in her words she wants to be 'settled at home for it'!!
Cute and lovely.

Serves me right for not reading properly. I thought she had it on Thursday. And I was thinking "let the woman out already hospital people!!!!". . I was wanting to break her out.

Here's to her being home soon Kelly. And love to you.
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #1283
SeptemberGirl
There should be a quiz at the door
Feel free to point out I'm on the Crazy Train
 
SeptemberGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Jersey Shore
Posts: 2,389

Kelly - PLEASE give us a report as soon as you can with as many details as you can. I am non-stop thinking about you.

Lisa - So your mom is in happy la la land, your brother is dying, and your Disney trip sucked? Okay, then. Let's do a virtual shot for that lot.

Megan - I have had those Decembers. Tell us more.


Here is my update. School starts the 22nd. I have been working at the new job my regular 3 days and my old job once a week, on Sundays. Old job for the extra money. I had off Tuesday and Wednesday. It was heavenly. Tuesday I did nothing. Stayed in my pjs and dressed only to pick Emily up at school. Some of the teachers and school moms were happy to see me and enthusiastic. One, a friend, blew me off. Wouldn't it be great if I could learn not to let that blow off bother me?

Wednesday was Liz Day. I got up and went for a facial. (gift card!). I showered at the fancy spa with the fancy stuff and then went to my nail place. (gift card!) Then I met my friends Tina and Kim for lunch. I felt like a total outsider. They didn't ask me a question about my life, school, nothing. It was weird. I called Tina this am to check in and she told me Kim is off her happy pills, which explains a lot. Still. I feel sad about this interaction.

I went from there to errands to picking up Emily. Her art therapy class started again and then she has tap after that. Nick got home and I went for dinner and drinks and karaoke with my MSW cohort. (Masters in social work classmates). They are really nice kids. Really nice. Only 3 of us older ones were out but the 22-25 year olds were dolls and we had so much fun.

Today I went back to work. No more vacation - work today and tomorrow and then I am working every Sunday at my old job until the Princess. I need the cash for tickets and the expo. :-) At least I will have Saturdays to run errands and do training for the race. I hate training.
__________________
(Me, 38) (DH, 38) (DD, 8)

My drinking club has a running problem...bring on the bling!
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #1284
poppinspal
DIS Veteran
 
poppinspal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: a little north of Boston
Posts: 955

Ok I'm back... this will probably not be short but when do I ever not ramble on.

Nancy- Sorry to hear about your struggles. You are in my thoughts. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Kelly- Please do update us when you have a second and feel ready to share. I love your mom's spirit, the whole idea of wanting to get it over with so she can watch a show. Hugs to you.

Lisa- There's always so much I want to say to you but it always feels like too much. I think Liz is right, virtual shots for everyone? I'm going to jump over and read your TR but I'm sorry to hear your trip wasn't great. I really hope this new year brings some better things for you, karma and life owe you.

Liz- I think about you a lot. It sounds like Liz day was great. I love when I can do things with gift cards, makes me feel even more pampered. I have to say it's very hard for me when friends don't ask about me or aren't aware that maybe I need to talk. I'm glad you got out with your MSW cohorts(love the word cohorts.) Sometimes its great to just go out and have fun with a different group of friends.


As for me the positive news is I start a new job working for my trainer and her co-owner of the workout studio I go to soon. We had a meeting today and I'll be making very good money to keep their social media sites updated and to help them design their advertisements. This is great because I can do what they want part time which is all they need and for me its great because they are hiring me for a job that usually requires a degree in the field. So they are basically paying me to help them advertise and interact with their clients so they can open a second studio to offer more classes. Given that I am not getting 40 hours and they are finding ways at my full time job to cut people's hours when they can I actually need this second job.

The short story for my December is that work just is difficult because money is the bottom line. I was feeling the loss and the health problems of my family weighing on me. It was not the light and fun holiday season I normally have. I'm starting to feel better but I think I have a whole bunch of messy emotions to work thru.

Okay well I was in the middle of starting my trip report. Better get to it before I forget everything or Lisa flies to Boston to make me write it.
__________________
Megan Missing the mickey bars and Everest.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #1285
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Twoboysnmygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,169

I've been bad and not posting, but I do pop in and read! Sorry Goddesses!

Kelly, I hope the surgery went well, you are on my mind!

Nancy, I'm sorry things have been so ugly lately. I hope this weekend is nice for you! Are you running the Goofy or just the half or full?

Lisa, sorry things are not going well, but I still want to hear about the trip. You're gonna tell me, right? Oh, Savannah & I are 25 days out from our big mother/daughter trip! I'm SO excited, but also don't want it to arrive yet b/c this is the last trip for a while, no more plans for my happy place. I think I should start training more and get myself down there for the Princess next year.

Liz, sorry your friends didn't ask you how you were. I'm so transparent, most people have no choice but to ask b/c I visibly look like something is wrong when I really need to talk. I'm so glad you took a day to yourself! These weeks will fly by and you'll be with your girls, drinking around the world with your bling, before you know it!

I'm mostly consumed with counting down our 25 days to mother/daughter awesomeness. It's just 4 nights/3 days, but I'm so excited!

Also still SLOWLY losing weight but my running hasn't progressed much. 3 miles seems to be a mindset that I can't normally get past. Lately I do the elliptical for at least half of that mileage b/c it's easier on the feet. I'm hoping the more weight I lose, the less my feet will bug me?? I'm down 39 pounds since last summer. Someone called me SUPERSKINNY yesterday! (which I'm not, not by any means, but she meant in comparisson of what I normally look like, I think. LOL) but that was a nice compliment since I've NEVER been called skinny...and I'm fairly sure that being in the 180s is not super skinny in most people's books!
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:00 AM   #1286
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I've been bad and not posting, but I do pop in and read! Sorry Goddesses!

Kelly, I hope the surgery went well, you are on my mind!

Nancy, I'm sorry things have been so ugly lately. I hope this weekend is nice for you! Are you running the Goofy or just the half or full?

Lisa, sorry things are not going well, but I still want to hear about the trip. You're gonna tell me, right? Oh, Savannah & I are 25 days out from our big mother/daughter trip! I'm SO excited, but also don't want it to arrive yet b/c this is the last trip for a while, no more plans for my happy place. I think I should start training more and get myself down there for the Princess next year.

Liz, sorry your friends didn't ask you how you were. I'm so transparent, most people have no choice but to ask b/c I visibly look like something is wrong when I really need to talk. I'm so glad you took a day to yourself! These weeks will fly by and you'll be with your girls, drinking around the world with your bling, before you know it!

I'm mostly consumed with counting down our 25 days to mother/daughter awesomeness. It's just 4 nights/3 days, but I'm so excited!

Also still SLOWLY losing weight but my running hasn't progressed much. 3 miles seems to be a mindset that I can't normally get past. Lately I do the elliptical for at least half of that mileage b/c it's easier on the feet. I'm hoping the more weight I lose, the less my feet will bug me?? I'm down 39 pounds since last summer. Someone called me SUPERSKINNY yesterday! (which I'm not, not by any means, but she meant in comparisson of what I normally look like, I think. LOL) but that was a nice compliment since I've NEVER been called skinny...and I'm fairly sure that being in the 180s is not super skinny in most people's books!
Wow 39 pounds is awesome Karen!
cantwaitvaca09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:44 AM   #1287
DisneyGalUK
Rutger Hauer sends shivers down my spine.. and not good ones!
 
DisneyGalUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In a Yellow Submarine
Posts: 1,337

Hi all!

Thank you all for your messages and good thoughts!

So, the surgery went well and my mum came home the same day, which she was delighted about!

Details - Well, she has had a full mastectomy on her right side, and they have also removed some lymph nodes to check to see if the cancer has spread. Results from these tests can take up to two weeks, so we are back to the waiting game again.

She is relaxing at home, she has a drain in which I think is doing her head in more than anything else, having to carry it around and I have to drain it for her every morning!

In general, she is doing well. Or as well as can be expected. I don't know if the full situation has hit her fully, but she is in good spirits. We are all taking it one day at a time.

__________________
DisneyGalUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #1288
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,649

Will catch up soon. Just wanted to pop on and say YEAH to Kelly that's she home. Hope everyone is going *okay*.

And also my complete trip fiasco list is now there - as in here:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3044488

I didn't want to do it - but you guys were right to ask - it has helped not to create a bitter TR> So it's there in its entirety! Heaven help us all! So you two better come back or I'll look like an absolute lunatic.

Karen, I'm only going to list it there - so come over. And do regardless - I have to do camera talk with you there.

Also short form KAREN! FABULOUS ON THE WEIGHT. SO THRILLED FOR YOU!

Have much more to say - will catch up and comment later.
__________________
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #1289
poppinspal
DIS Veteran
 
poppinspal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: a little north of Boston
Posts: 955

Ok I am working on starting a trip report and I know Lisa has been looking for details but I finally got all like 700 pictures from Brian and thought I'd give you a taste of whats to come.

Brick castle at the Christmas party


My niece falling asleep at the end of her first Main Street Electrical parade. I love a good cuddle.


My niece and I waiting for the wedding to begin.


My brother and I after the wedding. Just seeing pictures of us together makes me so happy. I adore my brother. (This is also the only picture where you can see my scar on the back of my leg. I know no one would probably notice it but me.)


And here's one as Brian and I are loading into Rockin Rollercoaster


I couldn't share any really good ones till I write a report, hopefully.
__________________
Megan Missing the mickey bars and Everest.

My last trip December 2012 for my sister's Disney wedding!
poppinspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:21 PM   #1290
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner
 
lisaviolet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,649

Megan, PICTURES!!! Yeah I'll come back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Kelly - PLEASE give us a report as soon as you can with as many details as you can. I am non-stop thinking about you.

Lisa - So your mom is in happy la la land, your brother is dying, and your Disney trip sucked? Okay, then. Let's do a virtual shot for that lot.

Megan - I have had those Decembers. Tell us more.


Here is my update. School starts the 22nd. I have been working at the new job my regular 3 days and my old job once a week, on Sundays. Old job for the extra money. I had off Tuesday and Wednesday. It was heavenly. Tuesday I did nothing. Stayed in my pjs and dressed only to pick Emily up at school. Some of the teachers and school moms were happy to see me and enthusiastic. One, a friend, blew me off. Wouldn't it be great if I could learn not to let that blow off bother me?

Wednesday was Liz Day. I got up and went for a facial. (gift card!). I showered at the fancy spa with the fancy stuff and then went to my nail place. (gift card!) Then I met my friends Tina and Kim for lunch. I felt like a total outsider. They didn't ask me a question about my life, school, nothing. It was weird. I called Tina this am to check in and she told me Kim is off her happy pills, which explains a lot. Still. I feel sad about this interaction.

I went from there to errands to picking up Emily. Her art therapy class started again and then she has tap after that. Nick got home and I went for dinner and drinks and karaoke with my MSW cohort. (Masters in social work classmates). They are really nice kids. Really nice. Only 3 of us older ones were out but the 22-25 year olds were dolls and we had so much fun.

Today I went back to work. No more vacation - work today and tomorrow and then I am working every Sunday at my old job until the Princess. I need the cash for tickets and the expo. :-) At least I will have Saturdays to run errands and do training for the race. I hate training.

(Liz, I edited out my part. I just felt too vulnerable. )

I can't believe how long you guys get for break at US schools. My niece has six flippin' weeks off or more. I think the most I had at university was just under a month TOPS. Jealous. That's nice for the head.

Liz, I would/will never get to the point where that situation with your friend wouldn't hurt me. It would never hurt Jean - she probably wouldn't even notice it.

I put all this out because I think you should simply accept that you are you - and you feel deeply - and it hurts. And that same part helps people with their own pain. You can't have one without the other. Truly. People are different. Jean would never be able to *see* people the way you do. So accept it in you. All my rambling and you only said "wouldn't it be nice....".

BUT I am so sorry that it happened. That totally sucks in my book. I don't have any other way of looking at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppinspal View Post
Ok I'm back... this will probably not be short but when do I ever not ramble on.

Nancy- Sorry to hear about your struggles. You are in my thoughts. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Kelly- Please do update us when you have a second and feel ready to share. I love your mom's spirit, the whole idea of wanting to get it over with so she can watch a show. Hugs to you.

Lisa- There's always so much I want to say to you but it always feels like too much. I think Liz is right, virtual shots for everyone? I'm going to jump over and read your TR but I'm sorry to hear your trip wasn't great. I really hope this new year brings some better things for you, karma and life owe you.

Liz- I think about you a lot. It sounds like Liz day was great. I love when I can do things with gift cards, makes me feel even more pampered. I have to say it's very hard for me when friends don't ask about me or aren't aware that maybe I need to talk. I'm glad you got out with your MSW cohorts(love the word cohorts.) Sometimes its great to just go out and have fun with a different group of friends.


As for me the positive news is I start a new job working for my trainer and her co-owner of the workout studio I go to soon. We had a meeting today and I'll be making very good money to keep their social media sites updated and to help them design their advertisements. This is great because I can do what they want part time which is all they need and for me its great because they are hiring me for a job that usually requires a degree in the field. So they are basically paying me to help them advertise and interact with their clients so they can open a second studio to offer more classes. Given that I am not getting 40 hours and they are finding ways at my full time job to cut people's hours when they can I actually need this second job.

The short story for my December is that work just is difficult because money is the bottom line. I was feeling the loss and the health problems of my family weighing on me. It was not the light and fun holiday season I normally have. I'm starting to feel better but I think I have a whole bunch of messy emotions to work thru.

Okay well I was in the middle of starting my trip report. Better get to it before I forget everything or Lisa flies to Boston to make me write it.
Megan I'm so THRILLED about the new position/job. This is actually what I wanted to talk to you about - so I am loving it. I should be in bed so I will get to is ASAP but am thrilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I've been bad and not posting, but I do pop in and read! Sorry Goddesses!

Kelly, I hope the surgery went well, you are on my mind!

Nancy, I'm sorry things have been so ugly lately. I hope this weekend is nice for you! Are you running the Goofy or just the half or full?

Lisa, sorry things are not going well, but I still want to hear about the trip. You're gonna tell me, right? Oh, Savannah & I are 25 days out from our big mother/daughter trip! I'm SO excited, but also don't want it to arrive yet b/c this is the last trip for a while, no more plans for my happy place. I think I should start training more and get myself down there for the Princess next year.

Liz, sorry your friends didn't ask you how you were. I'm so transparent, most people have no choice but to ask b/c I visibly look like something is wrong when I really need to talk. I'm so glad you took a day to yourself! These weeks will fly by and you'll be with your girls, drinking around the world with your bling, before you know it!

I'm mostly consumed with counting down our 25 days to mother/daughter awesomeness. It's just 4 nights/3 days, but I'm so excited!

Also still SLOWLY losing weight but my running hasn't progressed much. 3 miles seems to be a mindset that I can't normally get past. Lately I do the elliptical for at least half of that mileage b/c it's easier on the feet. I'm hoping the more weight I lose, the less my feet will bug me?? I'm down 39 pounds since last summer. Someone called me SUPERSKINNY yesterday! (which I'm not, not by any means, but she meant in comparisson of what I normally look like, I think. LOL) but that was a nice compliment since I've NEVER been called skinny...and I'm fairly sure that being in the 180s is not super skinny in most people's books!
I get the not wanting the trip to arrive part. It's going to be so much fun Karen. Can't wait.

I know I already mentioned it but am beyond thrilled with your 39! That is fabulous.

I want to say more but I'm wiped.

Love to all.
__________________

Last edited by lisaviolet; 01-14-2013 at 08:06 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: