Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #16
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slindamood View Post
We booked the Roy suite on the Magic for after dry dock. I had never seen the Roy or the Walt available before.
If the price increases, it will not affect those who have already booked. The price they set now is the price you pay.
I hadn't realized you could book a cruise on the Magic post dry dock already. Thanks for the info.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Yep. The one right after on the 20th goes to castaway cay twice
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #18
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc2

Nope, you're across from us!
Oh, lol. Okay. Well then, hi neighbor! Rofl
Old 01-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #19
mc2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Oh, lol. Okay. Well then, hi neighbor! Rofl
lol! Hello!

We have stayed in a Royal on a classic ship before, and aren't the least bit interested in the suites on the new ships. In fact, DH even emailed to complain when we first saw the preview for the layout. We loved our first cruise and were planning to go again on the new ships. Then we saw what they offered and ditched DCL completely. There is absolutely no comparison between the layout (2 actual bedrooms + the separate living area + the extra library/bedroom) and functionality of the classic Royals (especially for families with small kids) to those of the new ships. Wouldn't even book one if they were cheaper than the classic Royals. We actually started going to Beaches Turks and Caicos instead. Asked our TA for suggestions for something that would compare to our week in the Roy, and she recommended it. For 1/3 - 1/2 of the price of a Royal suite on the new ships for a 7 night Caribbean, we are able to spend a an awesome week at BTC (with butler service) in a huge 2 bedroom imperial family suite. Have gone for 2 years in a row now, and will be going back next year. Highly recommend it if you are looking for an alternative because the new suites aren't a good fit for your family either. Looking forward to our 5 night on the Magic in October, but that will probably be it for us for a while.

Obviously some people love the new layouts (to each their own!), but we feel they dropped the ball completely on the design of them. Our favorite line so far when we called to inquire about them (and stated our displeasure with losing the acutal second bedroom) was that we could book the adjoining 1 BR suite! Wow - how helpful. I'm going to pay $31,000 for the suite, and now you tell me the "solution" for having a second bedroom (as you offer on the classic ships) is for me to pay an additional $13,000? Ummm....no thanks!
mc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #20
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have stayed in a Royal on a classic ship before, and aren't the least bit interested in the suites on the new ships.
It's good to hear your perspective. Originally I had planned on going on the Fantasy because the ship sounds beautiful. We like technology so things like the kid's floor look amazing. As time has gone on, I am now really glad we are on the Magic. First, like I said earlier, I've always wanted to go on it since I first saw it. But also, I think it will suit us more. We are not crowd people and my youngest doesn't do well in crowded, noisy areas (for example, he doesn't like the parade at MK where everyone dances in the streets after). I'm really glad we're going on a smaller ship.

Personally, I could never afford $30k for a cruise so we'll never be on the Fantasy. Although, that balcony looks amazing, lol. We'll probably try a different line next time so I will have to check out what you recommended.

There are 5 of us and 2 of the kids are adults now so we really need the space.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: