Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #31
kmaria
Mouseketeer

So after talking to the man, we've decided to do the St. John Champagne and Snorkel excursion. I feel like there are so many things I'd like to do and I know that you have to be selective and not stress over getting things done, especially on a honeymoon for god's sake! But this has me thinking sneaky thoughts like booking another cruise on board

This is currently a no-no because he and I agreed that we would refrain from spending copious amounts of money in the year or so after the wedding in an effort to establish some serious savings and pay off any debt we have left by then.

But maybe if I can book it far enough in advance it would be out of the vacation-ban period? Ha! Hopeful much? I know it's something I would have to discuss with him, but I think I'll bring it up on board when he's having the TIME OF HIS LIFE, or when we're digging our toes in the sand on serenity bay

Is it crazy that I haven't been on ONE cruise, yet I already want to book a second?

Another thought lately has been focused on pirate night. We don't mind pirates. We like Jack Sparrow! But I think for our honeymoon, the night would be better spent at Palo or Remy? I have read that the pirate fun doesn't necessarily go on in the MDR's besides the menu and music. Was I confused when I read this or is this true? Even still, I thought that might be a good opportunity to indulge in some serious fancy dining. We are leaning toward Remy because we love Ratatouille (the movie...we have two fancy rats! - cutest things ever!) and french things (me mostly)...

I had to laugh because when I first told him there was a pirate night on board, he was like "Oh.. really" and he didn't show much enthusiasm for it at first. But yesterday I was thinking about it at work (this is all I do when I'm at work and not working (like now)- dream of the cruise) and sent him a text asking if he'd like to skip the pirate night and eat at palo or remy and his response was so enthusiastic that I was like ... thank god I asked!

I'm also wondering if we should get rainforest passes, or just sort of enjoy the ship as it is without hunkering down in the spa all week long. It's been hard for me to decide on some things, because as a first time cruiser I would like to experience many things, but since it will be our honeymoon I also find my thoughts steering more in the pampering direction.

I'm sure not many people would regret the rainforest, but what if I get home and I'm like man! I barely ever lounged by the pool! These are the things I concern myself with all day.

Oh well, those are some of the things swirling about at the moment. I also cannot wait to go to skyline and get the passport, that's going to happen on day 1 !!! And hopefully some sign ups for mixology classes or similar. Anywho, thanks for reading

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: