Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliza61 View Post
You know I've never understood price matching.

you have to bring in the ad proving the price, why bother. just get the item where it's the best price?

So if I see some thing on amazon for a great price, I now drive to target show them the ad and they give me the same price? what's the point. most of the time amazon gives free shipping so what do I save by "price matching" or do they beat the price by 10% or some thing.
I agree....except getting something immediately rather than shipping has its advantages sometimes.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #17
Usandthe4kids
Earning My Ears

I loved Target's price matching this year. I took an ad from Toys R Us for a buy one get one free video game. They not only gave it to us buy one get one free but also gave us the sale price that they had going on plus we got the 5% for using the redcard. We end up getting two $60 games for $43 total! That was totally worth it!
Usandthe4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #18
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usandthe4kids View Post
I loved Target's price matching this year. I took an ad from Toys R Us for a buy one get one free video game. They not only gave it to us buy one get one free but also gave us the sale price that they had going on plus we got the 5% for using the redcard. We end up getting two $60 games for $43 total! That was totally worth it!
Which shouldn't have been allowed under Target's PM policy. That's one of the problems with PM. It takes too much time to verify the terms leading to customers being able to get more then what was intended. PP already said it's common to get a PM without checking to see if the product is in stock at the competitors store.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

I am very happy about this. Target's policies are having the intended consequence for me...I shop more at Target. I used this a lot this holiday season because I HATE driving all over the place, and the two shopping areas near me are at opposite ends of town. I hate having to deal with the traffic, and the hassle. So... I go to Target. Get my price match, plus the extra 5% with my red card. In looking back through my holiday spending...I did the vast majority of it at Target. Normally, I do a lot of online shopping, but this year, it was more in store...at Target. Love that store!
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #20
trinchick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
Which shouldn't have been allowed under Target's PM policy. That's one of the problems with PM. It takes too much time to verify the terms leading to customers being able to get more then what was intended. PP already said it's common to get a PM without checking to see if the product is in stock at the competitors store.
Yes, but it's up to Target to properly train their staff in their policies.

According to an article I hear on NPR this morning on this topic, Target has enacted this policy to to counteract the practice of "showrooming" where a customer goes into the store, looks at an item, checks the price online via smartphone and then orders online based on lower cost. I am completely guilty of doing this on certain types of items, specifically toys and electronics. If I can get the best price in-store at that exact moment, I will definitely be more likely to purchase the item at Target. And while I'm there, I'm sure to grab some paper towels, laundry detergent, etc. I think this a good new policy for Target.
trinchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #21
Usandthe4kids
Earning My Ears

Just to be clear, I was not trying to cheat. I did not ask them for the sale price on top of the price match. And no they did not verify to see if Toys R Us had them in stock. I guess it will depend on who is working, which store, etc. Like every other store, a lot of times things are not consistent. I hope I did not make it sound like I thought I got one over on the store or was in anyway trying to cheat. I was just saying that was my experience and it was a pleasant one.
Usandthe4kids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: