Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
wookiebeck
Fan of both WDW and USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Addicted View Post
However at DHS, the only ride our family is interested in getting FPs for is TSM. Having 3 FPs for TSM would be great! We don't do ToT or RnRC. Not sure what else we would use a FP for in DHS.
I would like one for F! or Indiana Jones in a prime seating location so we don't have to get there 2 hours ahead.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #32
lm1981
Earning My Ears

My in-laws purchased our park tickets as a Christmas gift for our trip in May. The tickets are not paper. They are like credit cards. Does that mean we won't be able to use regular fast pass and be forced to use the new fp+?
lm1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #33
JDUCKY
Local Yocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by awoogala View Post
Yes. They are, according to most reports, phasing out of fp completely. It will be fp+ or nothing, eventually. Data collection is not helpful if half your guests can opt out.
RFID will be for everyone. FP+ is all you get. Right now they are training us by letting us pick, but when you get there and get penalized because everyone else picked their fp+ 6 mths ago, then you will be convinced (hopefully) that you must jump on the fp+ bandwagon.
*IF* AP holders are allowed to collect more than 3 FP+ in a park in one day (and eventually be able to get them in multiple parks in one day) then, fine. Until then, I'll stick with what's been working for YEARS.

Disneyworld? Not so much anymore. FP- has ruined the experience for locals
Disneyland Paris - First trip (part of Honeymoon) - March 2012
Disneyland - 1st wedding anniversary - Dec 2012; Road Trip July 2013; Nov 2014!
JDUCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #34
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiebeck View Post
I would like one for F! or Indiana Jones in a prime seating location so we don't have to get there 2 hours ahead.
Assuming FP+ is offered for F!, the seating location will probably be all the way to the right (stage left?), where the dining package seating is.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #35
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lm1981 View Post
My in-laws purchased our park tickets as a Christmas gift for our trip in May. The tickets are not paper. They are like credit cards. Does that mean we won't be able to use regular fast pass and be forced to use the new fp+?
those are vouchers and will be exchanged for 'paper' (tyvek) tickets upon arrival at a guest services location.

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #36
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylarr29

those are vouchers and will be exchanged for 'paper' (tyvek) tickets upon arrival at a guest services location.
Actually since they are exchanging them in may, it's possible they will get magic bands. No one knows when APs will go +
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

honeymo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #37
Skylarr29
Oh Darn it, I was 'forced' to buy that plane
It feels like I have a sumo wrestler in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
Actually since they are exchanging them in may, it's possible they will get magic bands. No one knows when APs will go +
The PP said park tickets, not AP's. The same thing still applies that no one knows what will happen then, very true, I was just pointing out to PP that those are vouchers, not the tickets, they didn't seem to realize that.

Skylarr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #38
Nudoru
Earning My Ears

As both a Local AND a Premium Passholder I can very firmly state that if I am forced into losing my park hopping for the new FP+ system, then they can certainly bet that I, my wife and the other 6 AP friends in our crew will NOT be renewing our APs again.
Nudoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #39
andyman8
DIS Veteran

For those wondering, rumors indicate an initial rollout at Disney's Boardwalk Resort (all willing guests can participate) in late February. Take it with a grain of salt, though.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #40
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

I feel like I am very unreasonably stressed out about this.

I have an AP, my husband has quite a few days left on a 10 day/no exp ticket purchased from UT, and we are traveling with family members in June. The other 4 people we'll be touring with plan on purchasing their tickets from UT within the next couple of months. We are all staying together at Pop on a room only reservation.

Will they still get regular old paper tickets from UT?? I do NOT want my AP to be FP+ enabled, but I do want all of us to be on the same system, which I'm hoping can still be regular old FP and NO FP plus or annoying bracelets (I HATE having something around my wrist and find it very irritating)

Ugh...
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #41
hmillerbarilla
DIS Veteran

I think this new system appeals to the family that goes for a week once every year, or every other year.

I'm investing my AP in this, and I'm not sure I like the restrictions.

We're DVC and I personally thought it was irritating during Christmas week when I had my room key, but had a paper AP and had to wait in the "other line" and not the NEW line with the ticket attached to the room key for entrance.

I do love the idea of not having to do rope drop, but as I said earlier, my DH and I are headed to Disney Monday and I wouldn't want to have to plan that the same way I would plan a family trip. I actually don't want to plan at all.

I want to sit in the hot tub!
82, 86, 91-Poly, 94-CBR, 95-CBR, 97-CBR, 98-CR/CBR, 99-CBR, 02-POFQ, 04-CBR, 05-CBR, 06-ASMu, 06-CBR, 07-CBR, 08-BWV, 09-Poly/GF, 09-POP/OKW,10-POR/WL/BLT,10-SSR/CR/BLT,10-OKW,10-YC/BCV, 11-BWV/OKW/BCV, 12-POR/BLT, 12-SSR, 12-AKV/BLT,12-SSR, 13-BWV, 13-AKV, 13-CBR, 13-CSR, 14-AKV/SSR, 14-CBR/POFQ, 14-ASsp,
14-BCV/OKW, 14-CBR
hmillerbarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #42
Sammie
DIS Veteran

How in the world can anyone dislike, know for sure it won't work, a program that has not even been released or very little official info has been released.

Honestly I really think we need a wait and see on this on.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:06 AM   #43
mummabear
DIS Veteran

What I would like clarified is whether it is 3 FP+ per day or just 3? It doesnt make sense to me if someone on a 3 day ticket got as many upfront bookings as someone on a 10 day ticket....
I think AP's (of which sadly i'm not) should be able to book the same 3 per day not given x per quarter this means they dont get disadvantaged by having to spread them out leaving them 1 per day of their planned visits nor hugley advantaged by being able to use 8 in a day when the rest can only use 3.
I don't have a problem with it being a benefit for on site guests and AP's (and I normally stay off site) whether this is in the form of no access for off site/non APs to the system or increased allowed bookings for on site/AP- you've got to benefit the people giving you the most money.
Personally I could live with it at 3 a day, we never make RD as we are on a 8 hour time difference and really have underutalized the FP system.
Ideally I think it would be great if you got more once you were in the park as with FP you could potenially get 7 in a day....I like the idea of reserved seating for the parades/shows etc though.
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #44
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmillerbarilla View Post
I think this new system appeals to the family that goes for a week once every year, or every other year.

I'm investing my AP in this, and I'm not sure I like the restrictions.

We're DVC and I personally thought it was irritating during Christmas week when I had my room key, but had a paper AP and had to wait in the "other line" and not the NEW line with the ticket attached to the room key for entrance.

I do love the idea of not having to do rope drop, but as I said earlier, my DH and I are headed to Disney Monday and I wouldn't want to have to plan that the same way I would plan a family trip. I actually don't want to plan at all.

I want to sit in the hot tub!
We go once everyother year and this does not appeal to me. We are DVC members and I've researched over the last 10 years how to utilize fp and EMH to our benefit. This will not appeal to me.

The only thing I think that Disney needs to do is limit the number of FP+ (at least initially) because they don't know how many people will actually using the system. There has to be a limit because if you made it unlimited then, it would be like a standby line and that would totally defeat the purpose of having a FP/FP+ line. If more people utilize FP+ then, there will be less FP+ to go around.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #45
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
We go once everyother year and this does not appeal to me. We are DVC members and I've researched over the last 10 years how to utilize fp and EMH to our benefit. This will not appeal to me.

The only thing I think that Disney needs to do is limit the number of FP+ (at least initially) because they don't know how many people will actually using the system. There has to be a limit because if you made it unlimited then, it would be like a standby line and that would totally defeat the purpose of having a FP/FP+ line. If more people utilize FP+ then, there will be less FP+ to go around.
One thing that will be happening is that the number of FP+ offerings per attraction will be limited.
(That's just one of the mathematical realities of the maximum number of riders an attraction can daily accommodate.)

That's why they have added FP+ to attractions that previously did not need a FP at all.
Once the prime "E-ticket" attractions' FP+ availabilities have been chosen
by guests who make their choices at the earliest possible opportunity,
there will need to be "consolation prize, thanks for playing" FP+
on the list so that hapless/clueless guests can feel like they
are getting something "special."
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: