Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:12 AM   #16
funkychunkymonkey
DIS Veteran

Gas x!! those little green pills from walmart. Humor on this and try it. It wont make you burp but it should redreict the gas to the other end. I have the same issue with burping (and issues with gas) and use it all the time.
RIP:
guiedo (guiena pig) bluebeard
funkychunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #17
John VN
DIS Cast Member
N.Y. Style CHEESECAKE RULES!
Old Paramus Boy

Between, using the force and gas-ex I can sell you some Teflon coated-non skid undies.
John VN is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #18
SSDonut
DIS Veteran

This was me too, couldn't burp--this is probably one of those things that my college roomates will remember about me.

Enter first preganancy and first baby--like a miracle--I could finally Burp!

Now, I have another problem: After my second pregnancy, I can't NOT burp--anything carbonated and I'm a mess.

Not recommending pregnancy as a solution, just sayin'. . .

[Nov 2001 ASMo, Nov 2004 BCV Studio, Nov 2005 BCV 1 BR,Nov 2006 BCV 2 BR, May 2007 OKW Studio, Nov 2007 ASMo, Poly, AKV Studio, July 2008 BWI (My princesses became Padawans!!) Nov 2008 BCV and AKV, Nov 2009 VWL and AKV, Nov 2011 BLT and BCV, April 2012 HHI, Nov 2012 BCV,
SSDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #19
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

My aunt, who is in her 80s, swears by baking soda. 1 level teaspoon of baking soda, swallowed dry, followed by a full glass of water. Yes, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, but she swears it works and won't use anything else.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #20
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
I know this thread sounds like a joke but I'm very serious. For my whole life I've never been able to belch. I can only belch when I throw up. Everyday I start the day off feeling fine and by the end of the day I'm a bloated mess.

When I was younger I could tolerate it better but now in my thirties it's starting to wreak havoc on my digestive tract. If I have a carbonated beverage I just gurgle. You know that little gurgle sound you make right before you burp? Mine just retreats. I've tried. Has anyone else had any experience with this?

I've never mentioned it to a doctor because its just been a part of my life. Now I'm wondering if I need to do something.
OP, I'm the same.

I have never burped IN MY LIFE! Not once! I'm just not capable, and I've tried all the little "helpful" tips & tricks people have tried to impose on me.

It gets darn right painful at times. And I can't stand the bloating.

If I'm really miserable, I admit, I'll stick my finger down my throat. Not to vomit, but to let some "air" out and get a little relief from the pressure. It's the only way I know how...

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 A Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know

Currently reading: #24 A Daughter's Dream

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #21
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
OP, I'm the same.

I have never burped IN MY LIFE! Not once! I'm just not capable, and I've tried all the little "helpful" tips & tricks people have tried to impose on me.

If I'm really miserable, I admit, I'll stick my finger down my throat. Not to vomit, but to let some "air" out and get a little relief from the pressure. It's the only way I know how...
Same here. If It gets bad enough, I have to try to puke to make myself burp, I then let out a huge burp and feel fine!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
mad madam mim78
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OP, I'm the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggger1 View Post
Same here. If It gets bad enough, I have to try to puke to make myself burp, I then let out a huge burp and feel fine!
Yeah I know what you're saying. That's about the only time I've ever burped is when I wretch before I vomit. I've been reading about a condition called the ring of schatzki. Part of me really wants to pursue trying to fix the problem(if there is a fix) and part of me is scared that maybe something would go wrong and I'd be burping all the time uncontrollably. I will be talking to someone soon. If I hear any promising news I'll let you know.
mad madam mim78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #23
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

I have no problem releasing pent up gas. I also recommend Gas X. There are times that my belly gets so swollen that I can't even bend. I take Gax X and viola!

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:09 PM   #24
threeboysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad madam mim78 View Post
Yeah I know what you're saying. That's about the only time I've ever burped is when I wretch before I vomit. I've been reading about a condition called the ring of schatzki. Part of me really wants to pursue trying to fix the problem(if there is a fix) and part of me is scared that maybe something would go wrong and I'd be burping all the time uncontrollably. I will be talking to someone soon. If I hear any promising news I'll let you know.
Yes! Please please let us know if you find out anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
I have no problem releasing pent up gas. I also recommend Gas X. There are times that my belly gets so swollen that I can't even bend. I take Gax X and viola!
Uhhhh, I definitely would not recommend that to those of us that cannot burp. We'd be in immense pain. Unless it just disappates the gas without having to release it?

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 A Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know

Old 01-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #25
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Uhhhh, I definitely would not recommend that to those of us that cannot burp. We'd be in immense pain. Unless it just disappates the gas without having to release it?
Actually it does. I get what the doctor called distended stomach-trapped gas in my stomach. I bloat and can't burp either. Gas X is a God send. It also works for colic in babies or for babies who are hard to burp. Babies are given simethecone drops which is the same ingredient as Gas X.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #26
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Glad I found this thread. I have had the worst gas bubble in my side/lower back for 4 days now. It hurts to take a deep breath, laugh, cough, or move in certain ways. Now I know the recommended medication for this.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #27
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Glad I found this thread. I have had the worst gas bubble in my side/lower back for 4 days now. It hurts to take a deep breath, laugh, cough, or move in certain ways. Now I know the recommended medication for this.
Good luck. Hope you find relief soon.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #28
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

My DD19 has a friend who is the same ... never burps. You're not alone! Sorry that I have no solutions for you.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #29
threeboysmom

If anything, it's a comfort to know that I'm not the only one in this world that cannot burp. People look at me crazy when I tell them I've never burped in my life, lol.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #30
threeboysmom

Funny story.

My 10 yo son was on a ski chair lift with another mom and she accidentally burped while sitting next to him. She politely said "excuse me" and then said, "I bet your mom burps too." He looks at her and says, "Um, no, my mom never burps!"

Poor woman. She probably felt like such a pig at that point, lol.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: