Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #31
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

I do remember being able to swim in Bay Lake as well as hike the nature trail. The bass back there were so stupid it was almost sinful how many you could catch!

Clint
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #32
lodge
DIS Veteran

Remember the wave machine on the lake? They had to discontinue it due to erosion! No one swims in lakes like that anymore, though.
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 07:21 PM   #33
musket mickey
Dream Finder

We also miss River Country as well as the breakfast that they used to have in the Hoop -Dee -Do hall. They used to show cartoons and Donald Duck would come around to the tables dressed up in his coon skin cap. My daughter used to love it; she is now thirty with two children of her own. I wish they would bring that back so that my grand children could enjoy it as my daughter once did.
musket mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #34
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

I miss river country and discovery island too! I have been for HDD and mickey's BYBBQ, but I haven't been in a cabin since 1986. Are they still the same? I bet my kids would enjoy a stay there at some point.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #35
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Outsiders?

I remember the train and river country. We really enjoyed river country. Its ashame it can no longer be used. If I understand the water is no longer safe? Someone got sick or something? Any way I really miss the use of the lake and the beach area. I for one don't have interest on sitting on a hot sandy beach without being able to get into the water. Everytime I pass those chairs at the beach area it just seems kind of silly to me! LOL!
I didn't really understand about the outsiders. Just haven't noticed that many stray people hanging around the fort who were not vacationers. LOL! I do know you are allowed to visit the other resorts and use the transportation if you are a Disney guest. We have taken time to do that ourselves for shopping, eating or just viewing what some of the resorts had to offer.
I haven't ever noticed golf carts being a problem either. Maybe we have just been lucky to avoid some of that. To me its nothing out of hand like they are at the beach. So maybe thats why they don't seem so bad to me! LOL! I have never taken or rented a golf cart at the fort but I am sure considering it!
What I don't miss is the old tickets to the theme parks. Choose ABCD. I mean really! That was terrible! LOL! Glad they changed that!
I'm so glad they still have the nice AC bathrooms and they have updated their pool! Now all they need to do is add another one! I mean for what Disney charges and for how many people are in that campground they need at least one more pool at the campground! It wouldn't hurt to have a food court! LOL!

Last edited by Southern Bell; 01-08-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Southern Bell is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: