Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #1726
jabead
DIS Veteran

Then I received a surprise update early this evening from Rachel (rachel09985).

She is still in the Orlando area for work and was able to return to Disney World for dinner at...

KONA CAFE

Rachel said, "Amazing bread and butter. That butter is like crack. So creamy and light and sweet."

Chicken with Mango Sauce - Sauteed chicken breast served with Asian greens tossed with honey lime dressing, golden pineapple, strawberries, and almonds

Rachel said, "This was sooooooo good. Salad has the honey lime dressing as 'Ohana but the salad is on speed with strawberries, pineapple, and almonds. The chicken was flavorful and moist and delish."

Then for dessert, Rachel chose...

Kona Coffee Panna Cotta

"Rachel said, "This was definitely the lowlight but wasn't bad. It had a pretty strong coffee flavor so you have to be a coffee lover for this. The texture was good."

Lastly Rachel said, "This was one of the best simple meals I've ever had at Disney."

3 January Game Points Earned

rachel09985's New Total January Game Points Earned = 20

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #1727
jabead
DIS Veteran

Next in tonight was an update from Robin (ciera321).

She and her family were at Kidani Village...

to have an early dinner at...

Robin said, "We started with the bread service of Naan bread and four spreads - mango chutney, red pepper hummus, tamarind, and cucumber raita. All were very good!" (no pic sent)

Slow Cooked in Gravy - Beef Short Ribs & Shrimp with Green Curry Sauce
and Basmati rice

Robin said, "This was mine. I've had this before and still love the combination. The curry has a little heat and the beef is just a tiny bit sweet."

Tandoori Chicken served with Apple-Raisin Chutney and Basmati Rice

"Tim chose this. The chicken was very tender and juicy and the chutney and mustard sauce went really with it. He enjoyed it."

New York Strip - Coriander Chutney rubbed strip steak served with Basmati Rice

"Alex went with the strip steak. It had a lot of fat on it, but the flavor was good. He asked for the basmati rice instead of the veggie that normally comes with it. He said he'd had better steaks."

Then Robin said, "Desserts were really good, with one exception. I had the dessert trio with chocolate cake and double Chai cream instead of the kulfi. The Chai cream was very good. Nice and light and smooth. The cake - well, I can't ever remember a chocolate cake I didn't bother finishing...until tonight. I never leave any chocolate behind, but I did tonight."

[SIZE="3"]"Tim had the banana kulfi sundae and thought it was really good, although he said you couldn't really call it a sundae. It's more of a deconstructed ice cream sundae, but still very good."[/SIZE]

Banana Kulfi Sundae with warm chocolate sauce, strawberries, and spiced cashews

"And last but not least, Alex had the Warm Rice Pudding. This is so smooth and creamy, and reminds me of an old-fashioned dessert my grandma used to make for me. Delicious!"

Warm Rice Pudding with mango, pistachio tuile, cinnamon cream

3 January Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for Kidani Village pic

Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread #1 - and - Our Live Updates from Disney World Thread - Take 2

List of DISers with Upcoming Trips - and - Aug./Sept. Game - and - June/July Game

MAY 2012 REVIEW - DD's Graduation Celebration -and- NOV. 2011 REVIEW - Let them eat steak!

MAY 2011 REVIEW - My 50th Birthday -and- NOV. 2010 REVIEW - Our 25th Anniversary

DISNEY TRIPS: Aug. 2000 - BWV, CR, DTD Hilton (First Family Trip), Dec. 2000 -WLV,Dolphin, July 2001 - BC, AKL - CL, BWV, Poly, May 2002 - BWI, GF, AKL-CL, June 2002 - DLR's Grand Californian, March 2003 - Poly, BCV, March 2004 - POR, Dolphin, March 2006 - WL, Dolphin, Nov. 2006 - Poly, Nov. 2007 - YC, Poly, March 2008 - CR, YC, March 2010, Nov. 2010, May 2011 - BWI, Poly, Nov. 2011 - BWI, May 2012 - BWV, March 2013 - WL, Swan

Last edited by jabead; 01-09-2013 at 10:42 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #1728
jabead
DIS Veteran

It's that time again folks...my bedtime. I still have updates from glasslipper and quietgirl to post, plus emmebear sent me some great early-morning MK pics. Oh, and I still have Part II of DonaldDoleWhip's update to share with you. So many great updates, so little time. But tomorrow's another day, so stay tuned 'cause there's lots more Disney food pics coming our way.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #1729
nanhol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead
But of course, my motto is...I can always squeeze in one more! So if your trip falls during the first 10 days of February, but you would like to do live updates, then please let me know.
I'm headed to Disney 2/3-2/11, with a cruise on the Disney Dream in the middle (2/7-2/10). I'd like to try to do live updates while at WDW, if you don't mind squeezing me in! If you're interested I'll also send the cruise food highlights once we're back in the world of free wifi & cell coverage!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #1730
CaliBear
DIS Veteran

All these Sanaa updates are making me second-guess my ADRs. We're doing Jiko and Boma, but no Sanaa since we have access to lots and lots of Indian food where we are moving to after the trip. The chicken and bread service look fab though.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #1731
Goofyluver
Knock Knock
edited to make myself look better!rrrrrrrooooooowwwwwwwrrrrr
...pssst pssst...
toilet paper is dangerous

This thread is responsible for us having to change and add to our ADR list.

Added = Kona breakfast and Via Napoli. I need me some tonga toast and pizza. (not together)
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
It will be in the valley of love and delight.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #1732
jabead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanhol View Post
I'm headed to Disney 2/3-2/11, with a cruise on the Disney Dream in the middle (2/7-2/10). I'd like to try to do live updates while at WDW, if you don't mind squeezing me in! If you're interested I'll also send the cruise food highlights once we're back in the world of free wifi & cell coverage!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Welcome to the February team, nanhol! I'll get you added to the February trip list in Post# 2 of the thread and will include you in the PM that I will be sending out later this month, which will give you all my info for sending your updates. Thanks for volunteering!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #1733
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Artist Point - Butternut Squash Risotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabead View Post
Then also sent to us this morning, was an update from Rachel (rachel09985).

Artist Point

The first was of her extra side dish (which was included with Deluxe Dining Plan)...

Butternut Squash Risotto

Rachel said, "It was bad. I didn't taste any butternut squash!"

Artist Point Cobbler with seasonal berries and housemade ice cream

Rachel said, "The berry cobbler was amazing!!! It was one of my favorite desserts ever!"
We had dinner on the regular dining plan and I had the scallops and the Butternut Squash Risotto, and I was terribly disappointed. The scallops were swimming in grease and the Risotto was terrible. I am sorry to see that they haven't yet improved this offering.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #1734
jabead
DIS Veteran

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining plate will be...

butiflfeet

- and -

Giselle22

butiflfeet will be using those lovely feet to run in the Disney Half-Marathon.
She and her DH, plus her sister and mom, will be staying at BLT from 1/10 - 1/17. Here are their Dining Plans.

butiflfeet has offered to do live updates for us!

Giselle22 - Lauren and her DMom will also be running in the marathon. They will be arriving on 1/10 and staying at AoA's Little Mermaid section.
Then on 1/12, the rest of their group (which includes Lauren's DH, DDad, brother(s), BFF Amber, and Amber's DBF and parents) will arrive and be staying at POR until 1/19. Here is Lauren's PTR and their Dining Plans.

Lauren has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, butiflfeet & Lauren!!!

Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #1735
jabead
DIS Veteran

Last night we received this update from glasslipper.

She and her family had breakfast at Magic Kingdom's...

CRYSTAL PALACE
Character Buffet

"DS's plate: strawberries, bacon, potatoes, and scrambled eggs with vegetables, it was all good!"

"DH's plate: omelet, potatoes, sausage, and hard boiled eggs, all good!"

"The chef at Crystal Palace brought DD some dairy free waffles and donuts! They were amazing!"

Dairy-free donuts

"My plate: egg white omelet, fruit, and potatoes, all very good!"

Then glasslipper sent a couple of snack updates...

"Dole whip from Magic Kingdom's Aloha Isle, really disappointed with this. The ice cream on top didn't taste very good at all, not all it's cracked up to be."

"Citrus swirl from Magic Kingdom's Sunshine Tree Terrace, this was really good!"

5 January Game Points Earned

Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #1736
jabead
DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, we are having some technical difficulties with quietgirl's updates, which she emailed last night and this morning. For some reason the pics are not coming through. Hopefully she will be able to try again sometime today and this time will be successful. In the meantime, I will post the pictures which emmebear sent to me last night from her early morning visit (pre-park opening) to Magic Kingdom last Sunday. She had an 8:10 a.m. ADR at Crystal Palace (park opened at 9:00 that day), so was allowed early entrance into the park.

This resulted in these great (nearly-empty park) Magic Kingdom pics...

A Quiet Main Street

A Castle Pic

A Very Happy emmebear

And an early morning DISmeet pic with Rachel (rachel09985)

1 Misc. Bonus Point Awarded for the early-morning MK pics

Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #1737
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Love your pics!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #1738
jabead
DIS Veteran

As promised, here is Part II of Mr. DoleWhip's recent update.

You may recall that I posted this teaser pic...

If you guessed that DonaldDoleWhip and his friends dined that night at the Contemporary Resort's Signature restaurant...

California Grill

You would be...

WRONG!

Because actually, they dined at the Contemporary Resort's...

Chef Mickey's

Just kidding!

DonaldDoleWhip and his friends had dinner that night at...

The Wave

DDW said, "During dinner, they serve multigrain bread with salted butter. The salt is Hawaiian red sea salt."

"One of my friends got the seasonal soup, which was a butternut squash bisque. It was served alongside a mini grilled cheese, which seemed like a fun touch."

"Two of us split the appetizer for two: lump crab-Florida rock shrimp cakes with locally-sourced fennel slaw and apple cider dressing, and sustainable fish tacos with house-made soft flour tortillas."

A close-up of the Fish Tacos

"The crab-shrimp cakes were very nice. I liked that they weren't full of breading. However, the fish tacos were my favorite part. They were so flavorful and spicy, but what made them were the frozen components on the side. The tacos came with lime sorbet (so refreshing), pico de gallo sorbet (it tasted just like salsa!), and avocado gelato (it was perfectly creamy). We fought over these components."

"I only got a pic of my entree - the oven-roasted chicken with blueberry bread pudding and cole slaw. The chicken was incredibly moist, and I loved the bread pudding. It had the texture that reminded me of polenta and it went very well with the chicken."

"We skipped dessert, but I got a pot of vanilla rooibos tea..."

"And some pics of the dessert menu."

DonaldDoleWhip said, "This was a great way to end another delicious meal." ]

5 January Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for dessert menu pics and cool night pic of the Contemporary

Old 01-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #1739
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Looking for suggestions for ts tonight- we haven't seen wishes yet, so well probably stay for that tonight, which means I'll cancel raglan rd- but what should I replace with?? After seeing ddws pics, maybe the wave?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM   #1740
Cinderella's slipper
A cross between Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh - "uniquely me"

Be Our Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietgirll View Post
Looking for suggestions for ts tonight- we haven't seen wishes yet, so well probably stay for that tonight, which means I'll cancel raglan rd- but what should I replace with?? After seeing ddws pics, maybe the wave?
I don't know if there is availability, but what about Be Our Guest? Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be great.

Linda ~~WDW Commando Club #200
October 1982 offsite -- October 1986 offsite
Many trips in between -POFQ -- Disney World Land & Sea Cruise Poly, Sept 2001 -- POR, Sept 2002 -- Disneyland, Aug 2005 --Shades of Green, Feb 2008 -- Dreams Come True Trip, AKL, Oct 2009 --POFQ, Sept 2011 -- Pop Century, Oct 2012 -- Offsite, March 2014 an all girls trip.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: