Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #16
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

7 night no question!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
ufcabear
Mouseketeer

7 Night

We also have done a B2B and many 7 nights. I agree with the earlier post of the atmosphere on board is not as relaxed because you can tell people are cramming everything in on the four night and three night. If all I could get was B2B I would do it again but the 7 is much more enjoyable.
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 11:13 PM   #18
Stephieann
DIS Veteran
Oh no....he is MINE... I know where to find him... MATTY IS MINE!!

Location: My body is in Tennessee but my heart is in Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
We went with B2B for our sept/oct trip later this year. I am looking forward to repeating ports, shows and meals. This means I can do them the first time and then skip them and do something else on the second go round. And by something else I most likely mean lounging on the pool deck while people are in port, napping during the show so I can catch some late night entertainment, and maybe eating at Palo or even Cabanas instead of MDR without feeling like I'm missing something.
These are the exact points i was going to make!!!! We did a B2B last year had a great time, we kept the same cabin so we did not have to move. Would I do a B2B again, probably not. I am going on a 4 night this fall with my mother and hope to rebook at 7 night on the fantasy while on board!
1st Disney Trip Magic Kingdom '92 Senior Trip~ 2nd Disney Trip, My first cruise--Cruised the Disney Wonder Oct 2006 Halloween Cruise!! ~3rd Disney Trip --Cruised the Disney Wonder Oct 2007Halloween Cruise!! ~WDW Caribbean Beach Resort Oct 2009 MNSSHP! ~Disney Dream B2B October 2011~Disney Dream September 2013~~NEXT DCL Fantasy 2016!!

Stephieann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #19
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

Thoughts?

I have a category 11C gty booked on the Dream in late August 2013 and then booked a 7C gty back to back. In doing so, it is $1200 cheaper than the 7 night Fantasy 11B. So yes we will have to change cabins on our B2B. Not really a big deal I guess.

My only concern is that my boys 10 and 8 will be "bored" or less excited (better phrase) on the second leg of the back to back. Like a "been here done that" mentality. Or i'm worried they will say, I wish we had done a park instead.

But the price is great. $2900 for a 7 night combined cruise.

Thoughts? Advice? Constructive criticism?

Dance Team WDW Jul 80 Navy Graduation EPCOT Mar 88 Disneyland Mom 1 day trip April 88 Carnival Jubilee Aug 91 MK 1 day Mom Mar 95 Johns 1st visit POR Apr 96 WDW FWC Trip with Papa Sep 97 WDW FWC Family trip Dec 98 WDW POFQ/FWC - Work trip Mar 01 Sovereign of the Seas Sept 00 Owens 1st visit FWCG March 03 WDW 8 months prego w/Brady Jan 05 Carnival Fantasy Jun 07 WDW 1 day AK trip Mom Jan 08 Brady's 1st visit/Mardi Gras POFQ Feb 09 First Xmas at WDW/1st year remission celebration POP Dec 10 WDW AKL 4th yr remission celebration Aug 13 Magic/LBV/DTD Feb 2014
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
tjctoy
Earning My Ears

Cool 7 day or B2B

We have done both, and with no doubt do a 7 cruise over any back to back. I know the B2B may give you multiple days at Castaway Cay, but other then that you gain nothing and loose time.

The first back to back we did was a 4 day then a 3 day on the Disney Dream, my wife and I were able to keep the same room, my son and his girlfriend had to change rooms this was a real hassle for them to change rooms.

Once the 4 day is over, you have to disembark the ship, this process took us about 3 hours. You have to go back thru security and wait for the ship to clear customs. When you get back onboard the ship nothing is open except the coffee shop. It was raining so we all spent hours sitting doing nothing, before you no it the ship was boarding and all i was think was what a waste of time.

The room stewart really needed you out of the room to clean and prep the rooms, plus all the areas are blocked with straps, so we were asked many times why we were in the halls heading to our room. We had to move our sons lugage to their room on the other end of the ship, what a pain.

To us it felt like we lost a whole day doing a back to back, while not awful definately not relaxing or easy.. I guess had the weather been better on the change day, it might have been alittle better.

I go on a cruise to relax, do yourself a favor and skip the B2B and do a 7 day unless Castaway Cay is most important to you.
tjctoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #21
Jillscabanastories
Earning My Ears

7 day Fantasy no doubt. We came up with same choice, and pick Fantasy.
Jillscabanastories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #22
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

I am doing a back to back in January. I am worried as well. I have only done 7 and 5 night cruises so 4 seemed very short. I know the dream is bigger then the classic ships so I figured I wouldn't mind the repeating of things. I am hoping that it doesnt seem like a wasted day on disembark/embark day.

sunryzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #23
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

for me, i'd do the 7 night. the money saved will pay for your tips or give you an excursion or a great spa day or lots of stuff from the shops.
the only advantage I see is the 2 stops at cc but even that isn't enough to make me spend more $. the 2 stops in the Bahamas aren't a plus. yes, you could stay on board the second time around however you could stay on board during one of the stops from the 7 day if you want. at least the choice is yours and it would be a new stop, not a repeat.
its going to come down to what you want. I have seen others say its cheaper to do the 3/4 but for the times I travel it never is and i'm not spending more money so I can waste time in the terminal during turn over.
that's jmo. some like it and i'm not saying, in any way, that its wrong to do a 3/4.
we do have a b2b coming up however its a 7/7. just can not wait!
what ever you decide, hope you have a blast!
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #24
tinkerone
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
I have a category 11C gty booked on the Dream in late August 2013 and then booked a 7C gty back to back. In doing so, it is $1200 cheaper than the 7 night Fantasy 11B. So yes we will have to change cabins on our B2B. Not really a big deal I guess.

My only concern is that my boys 10 and 8 will be "bored" or less excited (better phrase) on the second leg of the back to back. Like a "been here done that" mentality. Or i'm worried they will say, I wish we had done a park instead.

But the price is great. $2900 for a 7 night combined cruise.

Thoughts? Advice? Constructive criticism?
your boys will have a great time and I bet they will not second guess it at all. for the amount of money you save in doing this (congrats by the way, wish it would work that way for me) you can do something special with them.
I wouldn't worry to much about it. you will all love it. enjoy your time with your sons. its being together that matters.
tinkerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #25
clten
DIS Veteran

If it were me, I'd do the 7 night over the b2b shorter cruises without blinking an eye. The 7 night cruise is designed for 7 nights -- meaning the activities, shows, theme nights, sea days, etc. are already designed to give you plenty of options to keep you entertained for the whole 7 days. The other big thing for me is the atmosphere. While you may be more relaxed because you know you are doing two cruises b2b, the whole atmosphere on the ship is that the vacation is only a few days. You may not be rushing to squeeze everything in in a short period of time, but 99% of your fellow passengers probably are and it does change the atmosphere. There are a lot of repetitive things you have to endure regardless of your b2b status -- the safety drill, if you are sharing a table, the introductions at dinner and the explanations, going through tip night (I don't begrudge tipping, but the last night has a whole different rhythm at dinner because the serving team is saying their goodbyes) and disembarkation morning (we've been on 8 b2b's - mostly 2 b2b 7 days - and we have yet to be able to sleep in on disembarkation morning, even just a little. There is so much movement and the announcements do get piped into your room. My favorite was when we got a 7am wake-up call we didn't schedule and we found out in conversation 2 other families doing b2b on that cruise got one too.)

If you have to change staterooms, I do think you have a waste of a lot of time. I enjoy the change over and we have seen some different things in all of our b2b so I do think some time on an almost empty ship is worth doing a b2b for. But with getting off the ship and waiting to get back on, especially on the new ships (it just takes longer to get that many people off), I felt our last couple b2b's we really didn't have much time on board the ship before new passengers started arriving. But if you have to change rooms, you are missing the best part of a b2b -- being free to do whatever activity you usually miss because you are packing. Now you don't have to get luggage outside by a certain time so that does give you some freedom. But it's still a chore to get done and those "bunkering" announcements come really early when you don't go to sleep until very late!!

JMO
clten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #26
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

We've done both, and without question, I would choose the 7-night on the Fantasy.
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: