Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Joining in too! Love your TR so far, I'm looking forward to more.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:49 PM   #17
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestarrdust View Post
Joining in! Loving your TR so far!
Thanks for joining in!
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #18
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb4disney View Post
More please
I am working on it! I know you are curious about the luggage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
Joining in too! Love your TR so far, I'm looking forward to more.
Thanks for joining and speaking.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #19
Toria
DIS Veteran

Upd 01/07/13

We last left off where we had entered the ship. Myself and the little ones were hungary so we headed off to Cabanas. I don't think that I will every eat at Enchanted Garden when first getting on the ship. Cabanas just has so much to offer and we like getting a window seat. No food pics either, because we always go for the same thing. Shrimp, mussels, macaroni and cheese and crab legs. We stayed there about 45 minutes, then it was off to the pool.

They were so excited that they could actually swim the pool since it was only 3 of them in there at the time. The pool was heated to 82 degrees and that was the only way that I was going to let them in.

I sat on the edge for a bit while they played. I then decided to grab some towels and cover up, since it was breezy and cool. DS tried to ride the Aquaduck, however at the time they were only doing double riders. He begged DD to ride with him and they were all smiles when they passed by. He wanted to go again but DD said that water was too cold. So his lil balloon was deflated. After 2 hours of waiting it was time to head to Stateroom 10045, which was an inside room. While standing on the stairs the kids and I were debating rather to go left or go right to find our room. That little voice inside my head said go right. I am glad that I did because half way to the room I notice that someone has the same luggage as me or that we pixie dusted to a verandah room I said to self check that bag and make sure that it is not yours. Well guess what it was my bag, so where are the other bags? I grabbed my luggage and went to our inside room where the other luggage was. Welp so much for pixie dust. We really wanted an inside room, so I was still happy about the snafu. Could have been a nuclear meltdown

UP NEXT... DID DD GROW UP AND NOT HAVE A MELTDOWN AT THE LIFE BOAT DRILL????
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #20
dumb4disney
Earning My Ears

Did you ask about the mix up with the luggage?

dumb4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #21
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Yay!!!!

DH says thanks for the info on the Cabanas. Crab legs made him very happy!
Old 01-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #22
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb4disney View Post
Did you ask about the mix up with the luggage?
I did not ask about it. I did not see the host for sometime and by the time I saw him I had forgot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Yay!!!!

DH says thanks for the info on the Cabanas. Crab legs made him very happy!
Tell DH that I said you're welcome. Also if you or your DH like Turkey legs they will serve them along with other food in Cabanas on Pirate night. They go quick and you should get as soon as they open. If you have late dinner you may be to stuffed to eat anything else. Have a blast on your cruise!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #23
Toria
DIS Veteran

Upd 1/8/13

After we checked out the stateroom we headed to the kids club. We got DD armband and walked through the club again. DD seemed more excited this time around about the clubs. After that we headed to the Vibe. For some reason my DS who is only 12 thought that he would be hanging out there. I quickly deflated his lil balloon. After some pouting we left there and headed to the Edge. So was happy about being able to hang out there( made me waste some of my anger on that pouting session he had). We then headed to the shops.

The Christmas decorations on the ship were beautiful.

My daughter just knew that she was going to get some serious shopping done. HAHAHA joke was on her but she would not find this out until the last day of the cruise. I say this because when we were at DTD, I told her that she would not get anything on the ship, if she brought something at DTD. The answer I got was OK I really want this stuffed animal. After our sloooooow walk by the shops we headed back up to the room to wait on the annoucement of the Lifeboat Drill. On our first cruise DD lost it completely when they sounded that horn. You would have sworn that the horn was in the room by her reaction. I tried to prepare her again for the drill and it worked only a little bit. No run and dive for cover from her, but she still cried a little. We made our way to deck four with the rest of the cattle and stood there while they tried to find the missing cabins. After 20 mins or so the drill was over and we headed up the Sail Away party. The last cruise DH and I skipped it all together. I must say that DD and I enjoyed it. My daughter is extremely shy, so for me to see her dancing made me all warm and happy inside. Meanwhile, my stick in the mud of a son just stood there looking like we were at ironing board convention or something. He was just ready to get to the clubs. Well we danced and enjoyed the show. It was now time to head to the room to get ready for dinner. We had early dining and I must say that I like it that way. So future cruises will be early dining for us. All dressed we headed to dinner with a table number of 66. This turned out to be a great table number in 2 of the restaurants. The first night was Enchanted Garden. Our table was in the middle of the room, by the large round table. When we walked up to the table; I noticed a woman and her daughter and a man and his daughter(for the moment anyway). We sat down and said our hellos to everyone. The servers came up and addressed everyone by their name. Our servers were wonderful, but to have them for 7 nights I would have gained 15 pounds. They kept bring us Creme Brule. I for the life of me can't remember what I ate this night, but DS had 2 plates of the Salmon and DD had Mac and cheese. Our tablemates was impressed that he could put away that much food. The other guy felt pressured to eat all his food, LOL! About 30 minutes into dinner we started discussing where we were all from. We were all from Florida, Orlando, St. Petersburg and Northwest Florida. The lady with the daugther asked the guy with the girl how old his daughter was. ARKWARD MOMENT approaching in 5,4,3,2,1... He said, "This is my girlfriend"
What happen next do you ask? Well the ER is calling me so it has to wait(hopefully not long).

Last edited by Toria; 01-08-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:11 PM   #24
jhowell08
Earning My Ears

I would have died when that question came out. LoL
jhowell08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #25
Time4disney
Mouseketeer

I am enjoying your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it and share it with us.

Here's one thing I would like to share with you as far as the lifeboat drill goes. We always head to our assigned station a few minutes before they start the drill. This way you are ahead of the crowd. You still have to deal with the noise, but at least you are already at your destination.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #26
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell08 View Post
I would have died when that question came out. LoL
The look on his face was priceless and his girlfriend started laughing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disney View Post
I am enjoying your trip report. Thanks for taking the time to write it and share it with us.

Here's one thing I would like to share with you as far as the lifeboat drill goes. We always head to our assigned station a few minutes before they start the drill. This way you are ahead of the crowd. You still have to deal with the noise, but at least you are already at your destination.
We will definitely do that next time. For some crazy reason I thought that you were to be in your room when the horn sounded. I guess you can be anywhere on the boat when it starts to go asunder, LOL! Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Fun TR! Can't you tell the ER to quit bothering you? You do have people waiting for more TR updates after all!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #28
Toria
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post
Fun TR! Can't you tell the ER to quit bothering you? You do have people waiting for more TR updates after all!
I would so love to say that with my OUTSIDE voice instead of my INSIDE voice. Thanks for reading along.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:24 PM   #29
Toria
DIS Veteran

Upd 1/10/13

I last left off with the arkward moment at dinner. Let's just say that the lady was highly embarrased. After a good laugh from all of us I told the guy that I thought the same thing. I also told them when I am unaware of a situation I will just sit back and observe. Glad that I kept it to myself. After DS sped through the main course he made a bee line to the Edge. DD wanted to go and see the show so that is where we headed. After the show she wanted to go to the kids club, so I dropped her off there. Since I did not have DH there to harass I went back to the room and watched the Bourne Supremacy. Watched it for about and hour then decided to go and pick up DD. She was ready to go when I got there. We then headed back to the room to shower and call it a night. I did not fall asleep, because DS was still at the Edge. He came in at 12:00 am. That is the time that the Edge closes. He knows that he is to come straight to the room once the club closes. We did stay in contact, because I allowed him to take one of the phones. I grilled him about not losing it. We all slept like babies and we were parked already at Nassau by the time we woke up. It was 9:30 by the time we got out of the room. We headed to Cabanas for breakfast;which by the way we all love. For some reason the scrambled eggs were delicious.

It had to have some type of seasoning on them. We ate Mickey pancakes, sausage, potatoes and topped it off with a doughnut or 2 . Today we had no specific plans, but I did want to take the kids to the straw market. My lil shopper was all for that not DS so much. Before we got off the ship we went to the pool since it was warmer. DD and DS played around for a bit and rode the Aquaduck. I also rode the Aquaduck and it would be the only time that I would ride it this trip. We stayed there for about 2 hours DS would switch between the pool and hot tub. I am surprised that thing did not overflow by the amount of kids in it. After 2 hours we headed back to the cabin to shower. My 2 fussed about who was going to shower first. It went like this, DS to DD you brushed your teeth first this morning so I get to shower first, DD to DS you showered first last night... they went back and forth a couple of times before mommy came unglued (will add pics and finish tomorrow, ER is calling sorry).

Last edited by Toria; 01-11-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Toria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #30
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Thanks for a great TR Toria. I am enjoying following along. Darn, that er keeps calling you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: